• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Masked Man

I said wow
RE: the ranbats, I think more brackets with fewer participants in each would make it easier to keep track of and thus easier for everyone to finish their matches in the time allotted.

On another note, Duck Hunt may be one of the worst FFA characters ever. >>;;;

Don't I know it... I learned that frustration long ago, and I never looked back.

Nabster92

GGs Nabster. Wasn't my day today against you I guess. You've really improved a lot though. You've really figured out the Ness matchup and it's so bad D=

GGs Shamrock. I probably also should've tried to make more use of the Luma warp and shooting star bit, but I don't use them that often even without customs so I kept forgetting I have them.

GGs Shamrock. I probably also should've tried to make more use of the Luma warp and shooting star bit, but I don't use them that often even without customs so I kept forgetting I have them.

I think what I have to learn is to just stay back and not play aggressive. I probably pushed a little too much.

FSLink

Banned
Wtf why is Bowser glowing

Usually means equipment is on.

Upper Cutter is so awesome. Gives Kirby a KO move, a much better recovery, a combo ender, a good "Shoryuken"-ish/OoS move (I remember reading it has a couple invincibility frames at the beginning)...I really wish it was his default up special. Mostly been rocking 3231 for Kirby and it's a lot of fun.

You should play me again sometime. :p

The biggest things outside of the OoS option is how relatively safe it is since you can fast fall it and it makes his dair gimp much more feasible since he can go deeper and still make it back to the stage.

These guys'll be able to give you better advice with the match up than I can, for sure.

I will say that patience and power shielding will be your friend against any character with projectiles.

I've played a few Yoshi's here and they've all typically switched to the Egg throwing game, which is smart. You started there, so that was definitely good.

I would say maybe try to be a little less aggressive and wait for spacing opportunities. Yoshi's eggs are great because they allow you to dodge out of the way of MB/CB while at the same time tossing a projectile. And even if you aren't in the line of fire, you're able to curve the eggs around my projectiles to get them in. It can be a pretty frustrating game to play that will force me to approach you instead of the opposite.

You were doing some great stuff though! Just keep playing! :)

FluxWaveZ

Why is it such a hassle to unlock custom moves? What a pain.

Anyone want to 1v1 with customs on? I've unlocked a few I'd like to try out, at least.

Cronox

Banned
Alright, I'll play you without customs. Could you host?

Yeah sure, my Wii just had some weird kind of crash but I'm booting up again.

Edit: setting it up ranbats style, 3 stock 8 minutes. Will start with Jigglypuff, though that is not my final form.

Edit: Jiggs is annoying, I can appreciate that.

Puruzi

Banned
Seeing Jigglypuff and then customs reminded me of

UncomfortableTotalAlaskajingle.gif

FluxWaveZ

Yeah sure, my Wii just had some weird kind of crash but I'm booting up again.

Edit: setting it up ranbats style, 3 stock 8 minutes. Will start with Jigglypuff, though that is not my final form.

Edit: Jiggs is annoying, I can appreciate that.

Sorry, had to go afk for a bit there, though I was about done for tonight. GGs. Nice Bowser; probably the best I've faced so far.

Cronox

Banned
It can be tricky dealing with Jigglypuff in the air, yeah.

Good games. Unfortunately a number of your characters are pretty poor matchups for Jiggs or Bowser. Namely Sonic, which is a pretty tough one.

Do me a favor though, if we play again try to stay as the same character for a few rounds in a row. Really discouraging to get my ass handed to me by your Little Mac and have to wait 4 matches for him to come up in your rotation again - staying the same character lets us figure out that specific match a bit more, patterns will emerge and get adapted to in a way that doesn't happen in a single match.

I'll try and stop SD'ing too :/

Sorry, had to go afk for a bit there, though I was about done for tonight. GGs. Nice Bowser; probably the best I've faced so far.

Karsticles is the best I know of. I haven't played Calmanimal or Oco le Troof, the two Bowsers who've probably had the most stream time in Smash 4 tourneys, but Kars rates among them IMO.

FluxWaveZ

Good games. Unfortunately a number of your characters are pretty poor matchups for Jiggs or Bowser. Namely Sonic, which is a pretty tough one.

Do me a favor though, if we play again try to stay as the same character for a few rounds in a row. Really discouraging to get my ass handed to me by your Little Mac and have to wait 4 matches for him to come up in your rotation again - staying the same character lets us figure out that specific match a bit more, patterns will emerge and get adapted to in a way that doesn't happen in a single match.

Ah, you should have told me to stick with a character if that's what you wanted. I pretty much never stay with a same character for long during a casual set, so that's always how I'll play. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Karsticles is the best I know of. I haven't played Calmanimal or Oco le Troof, the two Bowsers who've probably had the most stream time in Smash 4 tourneys, but Kars rates among them IMO.

The last time I went against Karsticles was during season 1 of our ranbats, so it's been a while. Maybe he was less familiar with the Sonic MU back then.

I'm hurt, Flux. :-(

I actually have some new ideas for facing Sonic. :)

Thanks for the compliment, unlike FLUX, who is a doodie-head! >:-|

Also, one day someone will explain to me why 99% of the people who post here decide to cut my name off at the "s" for an abbreviation instead of the "t". :-O

:-D

The last time I went against Karsticles was during season 1 of our ranbats, so it's been a while. Maybe he was less familiar with the Sonic MU back then.
Sonic is definitely a match-up where I just shrug my shoulders and wing it, but now that I reconfigured my controller for better OoS Fortresses, I think I might fare better. I wouldn't say my play has changed a ton, but Cronox might be better at handling the Sonic MU than me. Actually, if you saved any of the replays, I'd love to see them. If Cronox has good anti-Sonic tools, I want to steal them. :)

FluxWaveZ

Ha, to be fair, I said that because I really haven't faced that many Bowsers, so I was surprised by the edge guarding Cronox was pulling off. I tend to underestimate that character whenever I'm facing one.

Ha, to be fair, I said that because I really haven't faced that many Bowsers, so I was surprised by the edge guarding Cronox was pulling off. I tend to underestimate that character whenever I'm facing one.
What was he doing?

I never get to see other Bowsers play unless it's against me, and Bowser vs. Bowser is a really weird matchup. I should look up the guys Cronox listed, because I've never seen anyone play Bowser but me. :-/

FluxWaveZ

What was he doing?

I never get to see other Bowsers play unless it's against me, and Bowser vs. Bowser is a really weird matchup. I should look up the guys Cronox listed, because I've never seen anyone play Bowser but me. :-/

Particularly, I believe it was the range and speed of his forward air attack that caught me off-guard. It's in line with underestimating Bowser's mobility, but I was surprised how strong and fast his air normals actually are. I really wasn't on the defensive after getting knocked off the stage, because I thought it was kind of like Little Mac and he'd have to stay grounded, instead of being able to chase me in the air and actually kill me off that way.

Particularly, I believe it was the range and speed of his forward air attack that caught me off-guard. It's in line with underestimating Bowser's mobility, but I was surprised how strong and fast his air normals actually are. I really wasn't on the defensive after getting knocked off the stage, because I thought it was kind of like Little Mac and he'd have to stay grounded, instead of being able to chase me in the air and actually kill me off that way.
Ah. Up B early to get back on the stage to counter a ledge chase. Bowser can't recover onto the stage safely when he is facing away from the ledge. It's a weakness unique to him. Yay.

Top Bottom