• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Cronox

Banned
Yeah, the non-B-reversal punishes really suck. I also SD sometimes because I am trying to spin "just right" so that I minimize my exposure. It's the most annoying way to die, and the #1 reason I'm considering swapping to Mewtwo when he releases.

I wish there was a proper official Smash twitter or something/someone to complain/campaign to about this issue... there was a really long survey at some point, but who knows if anyone mentioned Bowser's up-b besides me. Annoying that we just have to hope that the people in charge of balance patches somehow notice this problem.

I just hope Mewtwo is a little different this time. They already gave his neutral b to Lucario so it'd be a little disappointing if they just copy him over from his Melee moveset. Hopefully his arrival mixes some things up.

I would say that until you build up the knowledge needed to at least hold your own in these MUs against players of equivalent skill, then changing characters isn't going to do much to help you. You may have more options, but it's about creating the opportunity to use your options and limit your opponent's, no matter the character. Does that make sense?

In general, an opponent with multiple projectiles has many ways of limiting Bowser and keeping stage control. I suppose it was just refreshing playing a character that can easily close the distance in the air while punishing overuse of projectiles. When I play Bowser I'm often on edge, with Jiggs I feel more relaxed. Stage control is rarely a problem. I get what you're saying, but matchups can feel so different from character to character sometimes... When you play Bowser you commit to being combo'd and tossed around a bit. I often win matches where I just get tossed from one side of the stage to the other, and yeah, I won, but the whole match went by without me feeling like I was winning. Sometimes I get sick of being hit so much, and it's a real treat to be harder to combo, and get 5 hit strings like Jiggs can.

Having used Jigglypuff some more since my last post here, I'll say that I'm still better with Bowser than Jiggs. More match time against certain opponents has made that clear. Just wish I liked playing as any of the higher tier characters.

Fake edit: on the subject of Bowser, this video about Bowser customs is making the rounds on r/smashbros right now. A lot of it is remedial stuff for Bowser players, but the TL;DR is he prefers a couple Bowser customs that everyone thinks are crappy. Like the projectile neutral B. I'll say that I'd like to do some testing with that one to see how it deals with other projectiles - does it clash or go through etc.

Would Smash Tour require literally no human input while it finishes?

I look forward to a custom Shulk the most just to see the reactions to the combination of smash Hyper Monado Arts and Power Vision catching people unaware and people screaming to ban it lol

I'm on Turn 10 out of 30, and I haven't done anything yet.
The only time you need to do something is when a homerun/target blast event happens.

I wish there was a proper official Smash twitter or something/someone to complain/campaign to about this issue... there was a really long survey at some point, but who knows if anyone mentioned Bowser's up-b besides me. Annoying that we just have to hope that the people in charge of balance patches somehow notice this problem.

I just hope Mewtwo is a little different this time. They already gave his neutral b to Lucario so it'd be a little disappointing if they just copy him over from his Melee moveset. Hopefully his arrival mixes some things up.

In general, an opponent with multiple projectiles has many ways of limiting Bowser and keeping stage control. I suppose it was just refreshing playing a character that can easily close the distance in the air while punishing overuse of projectiles. When I play Bowser I'm often on edge, with Jiggs I feel more relaxed. Stage control is rarely a problem. I get what you're saying, but matchups can feel so different from character to character sometimes... When you play Bowser you commit to being combo'd and tossed around a bit. I often win matches where I just get tossed from one side of the stage to the other, and yeah, I won, but the whole match went by without me feeling like I was winning. Sometimes I get sick of being hit so much, and it's a real treat to be harder to combo, and get 5 hit strings like Jiggs can.

Having used Jigglypuff some more since my last post here, I'll say that I'm still better with Bowser than Jiggs. More match time against certain opponents has made that clear. Just wish I liked playing as any of the higher tier characters.

Fake edit: on the subject of Bowser, this video about Bowser customs is making the rounds on r/smashbros right now. A lot of it is remedial stuff for Bowser players, but the TL;DR is he prefers a couple Bowser customs that everyone thinks are crappy. Like the projectile neutral B. I'll say that I'd like to do some testing with that one to see how it deals with other projectiles - does it clash or go through etc.
You can complain to Treehouse and Sakurai, but that's about it.

Watching that customs video...did that guy just say Bowser's side B has armor? I...don't think that's true. Glad to be shown the light though.

Dash Slam is not good. If your opponent just takes to the air often, you never get a chance to use it.

The fireball is super bad - 4%, huge windup and recovery, no possibility of a follow-up. Okay, you get a projectile, but Fire Breath dominates projectiles at mid range already. Plus, Fire Breath racks up huge %, is great for mindgames, and has a lot of gimping potential. I need to hear some great specific applications to even bother giving it up.

He underrates Turbulent Bomb. Look at how far Bowser travels - you can nail people during the windup on a projectile with that move. I still think default is better. Ditto for Fortress.

IMHO, Bowser's default moveset is his best. He gains absolutely nothing from customs. Only Dash Claw is worth considering, and I think the move is easier to punish than most people think.

I can now escape with a victory !

Anyway great game, I'm impressed by how you can play so much characters with a constant high level play, even if I lost anytime it's still fun to play against you.

Puruzi

Banned
I can now escape with a victory !

Anyway great game, I'm impressed by how you can play so much characters with a constant high level play, even if I lost anytime it's still fun to play against you.

Lol, thanks. Your Ike and Ganondorf were pretty great. had fun matches too.

Nice. Accidentally killed myself on the first stock, oh well. Still practicing sideB to reverse banana. :p

hah yea. GGs man. Your Diddy is pretty damn good. I am starting to think that Link's power bow isn't worth it for most matchups

would anyone else like to 1v1? Custom moves on

FSLink

Banned
Yeah though I feel so bad for Ness in the neutral against Diddy, it's pretty rough, lol.

It's the reason why I picked up Luigi too (because I also dislike Diddy mirrors)

Link's Power Bow was pretty OP prepatch, but now it's just kinda eh. It's a decent edge guarding tool but that's about it.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, prepatch, Link's Power Bow was really good, but with the extra lag added to it, it's too slow to actually hit with fully charged (and y'know, it's only useful when it's fully charged). That's why I've pretty much exclusively been using his regular bows lately; a lot more utility overall.

Yeah, prepatch, Link's Power Bow was really good, but with the extra lag added to it, it's too slow to actually hit with fully charged (and y'know, it's only useful when it's fully charged). That's why I've pretty much exclusively been using his regular bows lately; a lot more utility overall.

agreed. I think I will stick to Melee Boomerang and Meteor Bombs for customs

Puruzi

Banned
Vs Burger
0nD3b1n.jpg

JCX

Wii Fit Trainer (JCX) vs Palutena (TruSpindash) on Town & City
Wii Fit Trainer (JCX) vs Palutena (TruSpindash) on Skyloft
Wii Fit Trainer (JCX) vs Palutena (TruSpindash) on Boxing Ring
Wii Fit Trainer (JCX) vs Palutena (TruSpindash) on Battlefield
Wii Fit Trainer (JCX) vs Palutena (TruSpindash) on Smashville

GGs!

Why would you spend 25 turns instead of 15?

Also, I never said it got you a ton of customs. It just gets them for you without having to grind. 2-3 per run is typical, but I have gotten 5.

It was a coincidence my post ended up right after yours btw lol

And well, I assumed more turns = more rewards because that'd make sense :T

Besides it was just me venting "oh come on, all those equips and I can't even get one single custom I don't have already?" :T

Top Bottom