• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Alright, I'm tired. Good games, Cyberman! You're an absolute beast. When you brought out the Wii Fit Trainer, it just went downhill for me. I just felt completely downloaded. Oh well. It'll be good to play you again sometime.
Yeah, same. And, good games! Really like the reads you had with Lucina, barely get to play against that character. I laughed when you broke my shield with neutral-b. :p

And, yep! Also seemed like my internet went down one of those times.

Ha, Luma is definitely a helpful little thing.

Edit: This'll be my last one.

Oh, you meant that was the last one.

GGs Flux, had a bit of fun with my secondaries. I still fucking hate Sonic, he's the literal antithesis of fun. Can't hate on Mac, and your Rosa is a tricky girl with that star-shaped meat shield. :T

FluxWaveZ

Oh, you meant that was the last one.

GGs Flux, had a bit of fun with my secondaries. I still fucking hate Sonic, he's the literal antithesis of fun. Can't hate on Mac, and your Rosa is a tricky girl with that star-shaped meat shield. :T

Yeah, it's pretty late here and I'm tired. We should have another set soon where we aren't SDing all over the place, heh.

I wish Little Mac's recovery wasn't ass. He's a fun character to play, but anytime he's off-stage is extremely dangerous, and it's the worst. I have more fun playing Sonic than Rosalina, but puppet characters are the ones I tend towards, so I've been playing a lot of her, too. Sonic's speed is just too much fun, though.

So any Robin mains on here? Is he/she a lost cause? I really want to Robin to be a secondary. Screw the tiers!

Robin, from what I understand, is a tactician for good reason. You gotta be really smart with how you use his magic and Levin Sword. I'm sure one of the guides available at SmashBoards may provide some assistance.

Yeah, it's pretty late here and I'm tired. We should have another set soon where we aren't SDing all over the place, heh.

I wish Little Mac's recovery wasn't ass. He's a fun character to play, but anytime he's off-stage is extremely dangerous, and it's the worst. I have more fun playing Sonic than Rosalina, but puppet characters are the ones I tend towards, so I've been playing a lot of her, too. Sonic's speed is just too much fun, though.

Indeed, several times I had suddenly decided that side-B off the edge was a better decision than winning, and I need to correct that.

I still dislike Sonic heavily and I'm sure everyone here knows that.

Robin, from what I understand, is a tactician for good reason. You gotta be really smart with how you use his magic and Levin Sword. I'm sure one of the guides available at SmashBoards may provide some assistance.

Indeed, several times I had suddenly decided that side-B off the edge was a better decision than winning, and I need to correct that.

I still dislike Sonic heavily and I'm sure everyone here knows that.
I wish they balanced some characters like they did Robin lol. "He has a lot of projectiles let's make him slow" Ok, but there's like 10 people who have zero lag and projectiles.. K.... "Let's limit his use of his projectiles too" No one else has this in the game.. sigh..

GGs. I lost interest a while ago, and should have stopped playing then. I don't know how you dodge everything so consistently in all that lag. I can't dodge anything.

GGs. I lost interest a while ago, and should have stopped playing then. I don't know how you dodge everything so consistently in all that lag. I can't dodge anything.
Ggs, Your Bowser can be pretty scary to fight (and all those bowsercide kills ugh >_<). I didn't think it was that laggy but i dunno. I see you were using jump glide offensively as Palutena. Is that pretty safe?

Ggs. I didn't think it was that laggy but i dunno. I see you were using jump glide offensively as Palutena. Is that pretty safe?
Zero landing lag, 100% safe. When you land, it is like landing from a normal jump. You can combo off of her fair if it hits during Jump Glide, but I haven't used Jump Glide since release week of the 3DS version so I couldn't pull it off at all. My spacing was all wrong.

The downside to Jump Glide is that it has crappy recovery. Don't ledge chase with it for spikes.

I wish this game had someone besides Ness that is fun to play. That whole session was so goddamn boring. I am so annoyed that I played for like 4 hours and didn't enjoy a moment of it.

Eh, my Bowser has gotten stale. I have been putting most of my time into Guilty Gear Xrd just because Zato is so much fun. He is Dormammu levels of fun for me. Smash has...nothing remotely interesting outside of Ness for me. And as you saw, there is a 100% chance I SD with him off the stage. :p

Edit: Also, you are great with your spikes. It is a skill I never mastered because Bowser is too shitty to have a spike.

I find Lucina pretty fun to play, because she can gain momentum with her offensive. I feel Palutena is pick your spots and bait attacks into throws. And if you aren't on point with Palutena she feels like crap. She doesn't have too much of a come back factor..

I find Lucina pretty fun to play, because she can gain momentum with her offensive. I feel Palutena is pick your spots and bait attacks into throws. And if you aren't on point with Palutena she feels like crap. She doesn't have too much of a come back factor..
Yeah, Palutena could be a lot of fun if she had some kind of offensive ability.

I need a character that can control space and make me think while playing. I don't feel that way with Lucina. Or anyone, really. Except Ness. :p

Has anyone played seriously Wii Fit Trainer ?

I used to use her a lot the first weeks in smash 3DS but the more I used her, the more her drawbacks bored me. I really can't play against short characters with her.

I don't know if Falawful and I will get our ranbats in. He said he's only available Sunday evening, but I'll be cheering on my brother's film for the academy award at the time... Hopefully he's up late.

If either Falawful or SalvaPot is on now, now would be a great time.

I always hear people talk about Nabster vs. Shamrock, but what about this Tansut fellow (champion of bracket 5)?

Fuck it.

Shamrock, what are your top 10 Ness tips? Assuming I already know the basics like spacing with fair, throw to kill, etc.

Super Speed + Lightweight

I do think she does rely more on punishes but you can play her pretty offensively with Lightweight and chase people off the map with uairs and stuff.
She can have offensive moments, but she can't be a generally offensive character due to how her moveset works. Her dash attack has little movement, as does her throw. Her grounded attacks aside from jab and usmash are all super bad, or setup-based. None of her aerials hit small opponents unless you jump and then ffall them, and even then, it is impossible to do reliably while properly spacing them.

Also, Lightweight messes with her short hops, which I don't like.

I don't know if Falawful and I will get our ranbats in. He said he's only available Sunday evening, but I'll be cheering on my brother's film for the academy award at the time... Hopefully he's up late.

If either Falawful or SalvaPot is on now, now would be a great time.

I always hear people talk about Nabster vs. Shamrock, but what about this Tansut fellow (champion of bracket 5)?
If Tansut signed up again, we will find out. ;)

You still have the grace week after Sunday to work the matches out. Just do your best to get the matches in, and it will hopefully work out.

Fuck it.
None of her aerials hit small opponents unless you jump and then ffall them, and even then, it is impossible to do reliably while properly spacing them.
This right here is down right infuriating. And if your jab can't anti-air them it's yah....
Gonna play Ness, huh? Have you considered others like Luigi, ZSS, Falcon, or as bad as it sounds, Diddy?
Falcon is pretty fun because he can just have his way with you
sounds wrong
. You're playing his game of getting wrecked or not..

You looking into maybe seconding Ness, Karst?
Maybe maining. Getting tired of Bowser's weaknesses. I am going to experiment with Ness and Palutena since customs are becoming more legit. It is sad that Bowser gets nothing from customs.

Gonna play Ness, huh? Have you considered others like Luigi, ZSS, Falcon, or as bad as it sounds, Diddy?
Why mention those characters in particular?

I generally prefer to play "creature" or demonic characters. Blanka in SF, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Shuma-Gorath in Marvel, Zato in Guilty Gear, etc. I also tend to like spacing-heavy characters. Bowser fits the former, but not the latter. Ness fits the latter, but not the former. I also tend to like the Sorceress archetype for female characters, which is why Palutena is appealing. I tend to prefer villains.

Losing Wolf and Mewtwo was a big deal to me. There are only a few characters I like the look of in this game. Right now, I am kind of praying Mewtwo saves the roster for me, since Ridley is a dead dream. When I was heavy into Marvel, Shuma-Gorath was supposed to save the roster for me, and he did. Firebrand, too.

Developers just seem to not care about people with tastes like mine.

Honestly, I would also consider using Robin if I could make him look like my FE MC. It is too weird otherwise.

I generally prefer to play "creature" or demonic characters. Blanka in SF, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Shuma-Gorath in Marvel, Zato in Guilty Gear, etc. I also tend to like spacing-heavy characters. Bowser fits the former, but not the latter. Ness fits the latter, but not the former. I also tend to like the Sorceress archetype for female characters, which is why Palutena is appealing. I tend to prefer villains.

Losing Wolf and Mewtwo was a big deal to me. There are only a few characters I like the look of in this game. Right now, I am kind of praying Mewtwo saves the roster for me, since Ridley is a dead dream. When I was heavy into Marvel, Shuma-Gorath was supposed to save the roster for me, and he did. Firebrand, too.

Developers just seem to not care about people with tastes like mine.

Honestly, I would also consider using Robin if I could make him look like my FE MC. It is too weird otherwise.

I wish Ganon was like he was in Melee. Charizard could use a bit more range.

Top Bottom