• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

This is the last day of the ranbats. Everyone but Bracket 3 is done, and I am sending them a PM about their one-week grace period.

I am going to try and make the brackets 6-8 people each for the next season to make it shorter. Right now I have 27 people signed up, which, with one more sign-up, would be great for 4 brackets of 7.

SalvaPot

Just wanted to report I won against SteveYoungblood, but for some reason I can´t edit the spreadsheet to put that in, is the bracket 2, can someone help out? Thanks!

Also, I plan on concluding Ranbat Season 2 sign-ups next Friday. While things could change, right now it's looking like a "YES" for custom moves, and no stage bans. The current standard of FT5, 3 stock, is also winning out, though with a significant minority of FT3, 3 stock votes, I might just decide on FT4, 3 stock for a kind of balance.

If anyone currently signed up is sincerely opposed to those standards, that person is welcome to back out of the ranbats without any penalty before the ranbats officially start on Sunday.

Just wanted to report I won against SteveYoungblood, but for some reason I can´t edit the spreadsheet to put that in, is the bracket 2, can someone help out? Thanks!
Done.

SalvaPot

Also, I plan on concluding Ranbat Season 2 sign-ups next Friday. While things could change, right now it's looking like a "YES" for custom moves, and no stage bans. The current standard of FT5, 3 stock, is also winning out, though with a significant minority of FT3, 3 stock votes, I might just decide on FT4, 3 stock for a kind of balance.

If anyone currently signed up is sincerely opposed to those standards, that person is welcome to back out of the ranbats without any penalty before the ranbats officially start on Sunday.

Done.

Cool. What is this about a Ranbats season 2? Where do I sign in to it? Ranbats season 1 was lots of fun, I learned a lot.

Had to go. You dominated me man! GGs.

Idk but I think my recovery was a bit messed up though. I kept dying because my up b wouldn't register. Still though even if I did get those I would've still been rekt.

leroidys

I've been out of it for a while- did G&W get buffs? his nair seems to have greater stunlock and his dair I've noticed for the first time has meteor smash potential.

Fastest = Classic Mode, 9.0 difficulty, pause the game during the slot machine to get max customs.

Least Effort = Smash Tour, AFK for 30 minutes, collect 2-3 customs.

In-between = Mash Warlock Punch on Target Blast while watching TV, and switch your controls so A = specials to get through the menus faster.

Not Sure = Crazy Orders with a Home Run Bat.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fastest = Classic Mode, 9.0 difficulty, pause the game during the slot machine to get max customs.

In-between = Mash Warlock Punch on Target Blast while watching TV, and switch your controls so A = specials to get through the menus faster.

Transfer presets from the 3DS version :p

Sold my copy plus I didnt waste time getting them

This works great unless you are like me, and you have custom 2 on the 3DS version, and custom 3 on the Wii U version, and want both. :p

NP.

I got most of them for everyone thanks to non-stop playthroughs of Smash Run. God DAMN I love that mode. I'd happily pay for it to be on the WiiU version.

I got most of them for everyone thanks to non-stop playthroughs of Smash Run. God DAMN I love that mode. I'd happily pay for it to be on the WiiU version.
I would pay if:
1) The Smash Run map was shared between players.
2) Online.
3) The "Final Battle" event was pick-able by the players (it sucks to be Ganondorf in a racing contest).

Crazy orders is pretty random, but ok. And you choose how much you win by how many orders you take.. How do you pause during the slot machine for Classic Mode 9.0?

I would pay if:
1) The Smash Run map was shared between players.
2) Online.
3) The "Final Battle" event was pick-able by the players (it sucks to be Ganondorf in a racing contest).

Final Battle should be a vote. I like being able to be surprised by the last event, since it's part of the risk of choosing a character for a thing like Smash Run.

Final Battle should be a vote. I like being able to be surprised by the last event, since it's part of the risk of choosing a character for a thing like Smash Run.
But there's no reason to not choose a fast character with great jump range, like Sonic, over a character with weak jumps and a slow walk speed, like 'Dorf.

Robin needs to go outside more so he/she can learn how to run..

If Robin could run faster, he/she would be too strong. The run limitation is in place to limit what follow-ups can occur off of Arcfire and Arcthunder. Otherwise he/she would always get free grabs from both moves. Right now, it's just enough blockstun to connect a fair, which is perfect.

Have you checked out Robin's customs? They're pretty friggen good.

Top Bottom