• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Is there a reason the Wii U version wasn't updated with the sharing functions of the 3ds version?

Also, I was looking at the 3ds replay channel for various characters and they just kept replaying the same match per character over and over...I'm wondering what that's all about :(

Hey Falawful or StevenYoungblood. Im available for ranbats.
Send a PM to them, as well.

Yeah, sure, I'll play. You can host if you like.

The matches against Poltergust went 4-4, final game, final stock. But, he clutched it out. They were good games though.
I totally believe and understand that. However, the fact remains that Bracket 1, if it had 6 people, would have the best from each bracket + 1 second place. I'm just not able to be entirely fair on this point due to logistics, unfortunately. No offense is intended.

I really, really hate when I land an up B3 with Fox that's going to kill but the attack gets cancelled before the killing hit because he grabbed a ledge :|

FSLink

Banned
Lol that villager downb is terrible. All it does is encourage camping

Which one? Wobbuffet tree? lol

Anybody got tips for using Pikachu? Like character specific stuff? I know about Quick Attack cancelling on platforms (Smashville/Lylat Cruise are very fun for this), and most Thunder shenanigans, and bair gimping and such.

DooD1234

I think with customs Robin could be better, but your Link just whiped the floor with my Robin. And your Rosalina did too. Who are your mains?
Base on successful win rates, Link. But I tend to play a lot of characters. Your Robin has inspired me to get some work done lol. I never knew Robin is so mobile in the air yet so dang slow on the ground. Nice up b spikes too. I could use some serious polishing with Peach.

Sorry off-topic guys...I mean it kind of has to do with this game,My Wii-U gamepad left analog stick is acting funny,I press down or up or left or right and most times It just doesn't act right.

It only works properly if I'm so careful where I take forever to just go one square on the home-menu.

I think my stick is faulty, d-pad works perfectly and the pro-controller works just as perfect, there are some youtube videos with my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJjmd8xq00

Mine is not that extreme, however it is still pretty bad and my Wii-U Gamepad has not been used in Months since Bayonetta came out and I always take care of it like it was a million dollars.

Anyone heard of a way to fix it? I tried holding the A,B,+ and - at the same time for 3 seconds, didn't do squat.

I'm still under warranty I think, I got the Wii U when Mario Kart 8 came out, I'm just wondering if there is a fix without going to support?

Thanks.(Sadly it happens today when I got myself Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors, man I'm unlucky)

Cronox

Banned
Cronoc, still want to play?

Or Beef?

GGs. Still figuring Palutena out.

Ha, sorry I didn't see this post, I went to FG after trying to troll into your 1v1.

My FG livejournal reports for the night:

Found a Dedede that made me painfully aware that DDD's jab beats most of Bowser's ground attacks besides flame breath, and when that comes out it's a free gordo. Turns out if you try to punish a DDD whiffed fsmash from in front of him, there isn't enough time before he starts up a jab. Annoying, but I figured it out. Despite coming back and beating the guy every match for like 30+ minutes, still a little discourage how long it takes me to adapt/adjust to certain gimmicky styles of play. In a Bo3 tourney setting, I'd have lost to that player, a player that basically used 3 moves - gordo, jab and fsmash. Oy.

Also got flame walled to death by a Ness player (pk fire + 5 or 6 and bat) multiple times, was surprised how hard it was to get out of that once it started, going to have to research if there's a specific DI or if one just has to mash on the controller... I know how to get out of one (albeit I get punished often anyway), but once two flame pillars are on me it becomes really hard.

Nabster92

Sorry off-topic guys...I mean it kind of has to do with this game,My Wii-U gamepad left analog stick is acting funny,I press down or up or left or right and most times It just doesn't act right.

It only works properly if I'm so careful where I take forever to just go one square on the home-menu.

I think my stick is faulty, d-pad works perfectly and the pro-controller works just as perfect, there are some youtube videos with my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJjmd8xq00

Mine is not that extreme, however it is still pretty bad and my Wii-U Gamepad has not been used in Months since Bayonetta came out and I always take care of it like it was a million dollars.

Anyone heard of a way to fix it? I tried holding the A,B,+ and - at the same time for 3 seconds, didn't do squat.

I'm still under warranty I think, I got the Wii U when Mario Kart 8 came out, I'm just wondering if there is a fix without going to support?

Thanks.(Sadly it happens today when I got myself Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors, man I'm unlucky)

I had a similar problem with my pad. It was like perpetually stuck going slightly up left. So the slightest touch would make it flip out through menus and such. I could kinda get around it to get it to a usable state at least by holding A, B, +, - while slightly holding the joystick up so it centers there. If your stick is going in one direction like mine was you could try doing that for now. Eventually I just got tired of having to do that dance for like 5-10 minutes every time I started the wii u up so I sent it in and got it replaced. If yours is still under warranty I highly suggest doing that while it is. Otherwise you'd have to pay like 100 something to fix it like I did.

Getting used to playing with the pro controller..feels pretty good; much better than using the gamepad anyway. I wish there was a wired option to make this tourney legal though.

Ha, sorry I didn't see this post, I went to FG after trying to troll into your 1v1.

My FG livejournal reports for the night:

Found a Dedede that made me painfully aware that DDD's jab beats most of Bowser's ground attacks besides flame breath, and when that comes out it's a free gordo. Turns out if you try to punish a DDD whiffed fsmash from in front of him, there isn't enough time before he starts up a jab. Annoying, but I figured it out. Despite coming back and beating the guy every match for like 30+ minutes, still a little discourage how long it takes me to adapt/adjust to certain gimmicky styles of play. In a Bo3 tourney setting, I'd have lost to that player, a player that basically used 3 moves - gordo, jab and fsmash. Oy.

Also got flame walled to death by a Ness player (pk fire + 5 or 6 and bat) multiple times, was surprised how hard it was to get out of that once it started, going to have to research if there's a specific DI or if one just has to mash on the controller... I know how to get out of one (albeit I get punished often anyway), but once two flame pillars are on me it becomes really hard.
Re: DDD. SHADC is great against him, because he will almost always try to space you out. Run in, shield, Fortress is good, too. Fire Breath is still good. You should have time to punish fsmash, but not on block. Stay out of range and run in right as it hits the floor.

Re: Ness. PK Fire is painful. But at low % you can armor through it.

Boney

Banned
Anyone up for matches in a bit? I want to mess with Palutena customs more.

Man, where is everyone. :( I get a snow day and everyone else is at work. :p
I'm up for some matches if you'd like. Just got back from my vacations so I haven't been able to get the Ethernet adaptor, but I haven't had many issues with other gaffers if you wanna give it a try.

I'm probably super rusty as well lol

Add me, NNID boney64

Nice, I made it to the scary bracket #1. Now to not fraud it out and get kicked out of it real easily.

Anyone want to play 1v1 with customs?

Remember, some of your opponents beat fewer opponents last season. The only reason you're second in your old bracket is because you lost to Nabster. It's possible you're the second best player here, depending on how the brackets from last season stack up against each other.

Just got an email that something had shipped from Club Nintendo. Wasn't sure what it could be.

Until I realized that it's probably the Smash Bros CD. I checked an email from the day I registered the Wii U version and got the CD offer and the order number matches up. So it looks like if you got in on the CD offer, then it's coming very soon.

Top Bottom