• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs. Gucci. Why the SDs?

90% were on accident; I'm still trying to adjust to the pro controller haha! The others were because I didn't like the match up and wanted to switch out characters, my bad. I hopped off because my buddy wanted to play but I'll be back later tonight if you are still around.

Alright dude, last game. Gotta sort out my samus custom set, apex screw attack and relentless missile seem the best along with a apex sa and a regular missile.

Good games. You definitely have a really good Samus. She is a pretty bad match-up for my Yoshi, so I didn't use him much. All them stage spikes xD Samus' customs definitely make her pretty good, especially that one screw attack that can kill extremely early.

Boney

Banned
Good games. You definitely have a really good Samus. She is a pretty bad match-up for my Yoshi, so I didn't use him much. All them stage spikes xD Samus' customs definitely make her pretty good, especially that one screw attack that can kill extremely early.
Sadly I still can't get more aggressive with the screw attack, not used to doing it as an OoS and for combo follow ups. But hey practice makes perfect.

You have a good Yoshi, you definately can space well with him and I are a lot of fair spikes lol.

What did you think of the fast missiles? The slow ones are pretty great but idk

Boney, IMO fast missiles > slow. The slow ones are really easy to avoid, and they make your Super Missiles suck.

90% were on accident; I'm still trying to adjust to the pro controller haha! The others were because I didn't like the match up and wanted to switch out characters, my bad. I hopped off because my buddy wanted to play but I'll be back later tonight if you are still around.
Ah, that all makes sense. We will play again sometime.

Sadly I still can't get more aggressive with the screw attack, not used to doing it as an OoS and for combo follow ups. But hey practice makes perfect.

You have a good Yoshi, you definately can space well with him and I are a lot of fair spikes lol.

What did you think of the fast missiles? The slow ones are pretty great but idk

My habits with Yoshi don't really well with Mario. Yoshi uses a lot of fairs, while Mario uses bairs, but I tend to use fair with Mario. It is extremely satisfying getting a smack down, though. My meteor bomb from Link against your Ganondorf was pretty funny, even though you were probably already dead.

I definitely did not get used to the fast missiles. They seem pretty good. They could probably be used for mind games by using a set with/without fast missiles for a few games, and then switching out mid-set.

Hey, anyone want to play? I haven't played anyone since I unlocked all of my customs. I haven't actually practiced with them but I did set up the ones from AmazingAmpharos's list.
But normal matches are fine too!

FluxWaveZ

Hey, anyone want to play? I haven't played anyone since I unlocked all of my customs. I haven't actually practiced with them but I did set up the ones from AmazingAmpharos's list.
But normal matches are fine too!

I'd like to play with customs. I don't know if we have each other added; my NNID is FluxWaveZ.

Boney

Banned
Boney, IMO fast missiles > slow. The slow ones are really easy to avoid, and they make your Super Missiles suck.

Ah, that all makes sense. We will play again sometime.
You really think so? I still need to experiment a lot more but it seems the slow ones are a lot more useful for rushdowns and mixups while still having their defensive uses. While the regular and the last ones are used to space away from opponents.

The slow ones are favourited by the community by a huge margin

I'm game for a FFA or 1v1 in a little bit if anyone is interested, nnid: direct_quote
You still up? :)

FluxWaveZ

Unfortunately, I'm not. :( I'm wireless, but it's not usually like this at all...

Yeah, it's not like this for me usually, either. At least it's intermittent, though it gets pretty bad. It'd probably be alright if we were both playing with a LAN adapter.

If it gets too bad, I'll have to bail.

God, why do you want all these shitty stages?

Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Skyworld

All pure shit. Shit shit shit. You spend half the match doing nothing because of stage transitions, get hit by hazards, or you just get fucked by Lylat tilting slightly.

Skyworld? Or Skyloft?

You know, if you think there's a viable reason that a stage is unfair, you can always leave it out of season 2 *cough Halberd cough*.

You really think so? I still need to experiment a lot more but it seems the slow ones are a lot more useful for rushdowns and mixups while still having their defensive uses. While the regular and the last ones are used to space away from opponents.

The slow ones are favourited by the community by a huge margin

You still up? :)
Just my two cents!

Skyworld? Or Skyloft?

You know, if you think there's a viable reason that a stage is unfair, you can always leave it out of season 2 *cough Halberd cough*.
Skyloft, my bad.

And I left it to a vote, so I will abide by that vote.

Good games!

And yeah, I'm honestly a bit frustrated. The last modem we got from Rogers was fine, but then it started to disconnect us every hour. Now this one is much laggier so I'm at a loss of what to do. I want to go wired but my room is way too far from the one where the modem is.

Oh my lord Melee charge shot is the worst.

At least give it redoncolous knock back or something lol
So many many customs just make me say "why?" I would love an overhaul of their traits. Bowser has ONE good custom. ONE. The rest are just horribly designed.

So many many customs just make me say "why?" I would love an overhaul of their traits. Bowser has ONE good custom. ONE. The rest are just horribly designed.
Well it feels for a lot of customs they were just put in to fill out the roster.. I think they should have given out more ones with different elemental properties/stun. Instead of giving Lucina all ones that are slight variants of her moves. More like Ike's customs.

Well it feels for a lot of customs they were just put in to fill out the roster.. I think they should have given out more ones with different elemental properties/stun. Instead of giving Lucina all ones that are slight variants of her moves. More like Ike's customs.

Ike's customs give out a lot of variety. His neutral B can be an attack that hurts a lot if you don't sweetspot a ledge, or it could have a windbox big enough to push you away and prevent you from reaching the ledge. His side B can send you flying forward away, flying upward, or just deal a lot of damage. His up B can be a combo move, have great horizontal movement, or the ability to push your opponent away. His down B can be a decent counter, a paralyzing counter that can give you a free grab at low percents or a free smash attack at high percents, or a vicious counter with a lot of room for punishment if you mistime it.

Ike really has it made with his customs, a shame the same can't be said for some other characters it seems. :(

anyone wanna play some 1 vs 1? NNID is my username

Wanna play?

TWILT

Banned
Just played against a Diddy player that knew what he was doing on For Glory. Fighting him really is kinda insufferable lol especially since I don't think anyone on GAF uses him. Was losing pretty badly with Link before switching to my Pikachu and adapting the fight. Had to play very patiently with Thunder Jolts and Quick Attack pressure, but managed to adapt and win 3 games in a row. It was good DI practice out of hoo hah too. So glad I picked up Pikachu...

Anyway, would anyone like to play some 1v1s with custom moves on? I wanna practice more/play on stages other than FD. :p

Just played against a Diddy player that knew what he was doing on For Glory. Fighting him really is kinda insufferable lol especially since I don't think anyone on GAF uses him. Was losing pretty badly with Link before switching to my Pikachu and adapting the fight. Had to play very patiently with Thunder Jolts and Quick Attack pressure, but managed to adapt and win 3 games in a row. It was good DI practice out of hoo hah too. So glad I picked up Pikachu...

Anyway, would anyone like to play some 1v1s with custom moves on? I wanna practice more/play on stages other than FD. :p

Still looking to play?

I had a similar problem with my pad. It was like perpetually stuck going slightly up left. So the slightest touch would make it flip out through menus and such. I could kinda get around it to get it to a usable state at least by holding A, B, +, - while slightly holding the joystick up so it centers there. If your stick is going in one direction like mine was you could try doing that for now. Eventually I just got tired of having to do that dance for like 5-10 minutes every time I started the wii u up so I sent it in and got it replaced. If yours is still under warranty I highly suggest doing that while it is. Otherwise you'd have to pay like 100 something to fix it like I did.

Yeah I guess you are right, I'm going to call Nintendo as the A,B,+ and - doesn't work, thanks for the tip though,I appreciate the reply.

Ike's customs give out a lot of variety. His neutral B can be an attack that hurts a lot if you don't sweetspot a ledge, or it could have a windbox big enough to push you away and prevent you from reaching the ledge. His side B can send you flying forward away, flying upward, or just deal a lot of damage. His up B can be a combo move, have great horizontal movement, or the ability to push your opponent away. His down B can be a decent counter, a paralyzing counter that can give you a free grab at low percents or a free smash attack at high percents, or a vicious counter with a lot of room for punishment if you mistime it.

Ike really has it made with his customs, a shame the same can't be said for some other characters it seems. :(

Wanna play?
I can vouch for all this, haha.

Boney

Banned
Ok ggs Boney my side is getting kind of laggy b/c someone else is using the internet. Great Samus as always.
Yep fun stuff, you still got ways to go with robin, you gotta chain the arc fire with aerials and you should be spacing out in short distances.

Still my Charizard got wrecked :(

Yep fun stuff, you still got ways to go with robin, you gotta chain the arc fire with aerials and you should be spacing out in short distances.

Still my Charizard got wrecked :(
Yah I just picked up Robin and thinking I want to main him/her. Despite being slower than Palutena, I do like Robin's kill options. It's too bad going for throws is so ingrained in my head from playing Palutena so I try to go for those a lot. I need to unlock the rest of her customs :(

Top Bottom