• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Oh i thought you meant up air.

I'm up for some games if anyone is interested as well

Also this guy has the nerve of accusing me of spamming moves using samus when he uses hoo hah diddy and sonic (and Shiek)

Da fuq

FluxWaveZ

It's generally obnoxious as hell when someone complains about how another plays, especially if what they're doing is working for them. It's alright to express frustration, but belittling the other player by either complaining about their character or how they play with that character is pretty weak.

I've been trying out Anther's Ladder. It's pretty fun, wish I had signed up for it sooner. For Glory should have had a ranking system, that kind of stuff really makes me want to play more and improve.

It's generally obnoxious as hell when someone complains about how another plays, especially if what they're doing is working for them. It's alright to express frustration, but belittling the other player by either complaining about their character or how they play with that character is pretty weak.

I've been trying out Anther's Ladder. It's pretty fun, wish I had signed up for it sooner. For Glory should have had a ranking system, that kind of stuff really makes me want to play more and improve.

join channel "neogaf"

Puruzi

Banned
Ah Alright, let me know, good luck!
I lost. It was really close though. Up to play you now if you want. want customs on or off?
Actually, probably done with smash for the night. Gotta devote some more time into Danganronpa and Muramasa DLC.

I lost. It was really close though. Up to play you now if you want. want customs on or off?
Actually, probably done with smash for the night. Gotta devote some more time into Danganronpa and Muramasa DLC.

Hell yes you do.

Just lost to a Sheik player, fuck it feels like she has more options than any other character in the game. ><;;;

Boney

Banned
Don't worry about it. Bummed that you lost though he must've been pretty good!
Hell yes you do.

Just lost to a Sheik player, fuck it feels like she has more options than any other character in the game. ><;;;
Yeah it's super annoying to be a punching bag that gets tossed everywhere. At the very least she has trouble koing so you can abuse the rage if you get a good read un like diddy

I'm having a lot of fun, Paulenta's bair beat my bair lol. Also I thought I was spaced correctly lol.
Her bair has a guard point.

I'm stubborn. Gotta learn the worst matchups, because you have to deal with them eventually
Ah, you dont care for counterpicking?

I wonder if either of Ness' PK Thunder customs help. Lasting PK Thunder seems to be able to make tight turns, which could make it harder for Rosalina to vaccuum.

GGs Nabster. I think I figured out a pretty good strat vs Rosa's neutral air. The problem is if Ness gets off the stage, or in the air at all, it's nearly guaranteed game over. I think it may even be a worse matchup than Brawl Marth vs Ness, but part of the fun is figuring out a strategy that works for lopsided situations. I remember many a MK being surprised at my Ness in Brawl, lol.

Her bair has a guard point.

Ah, you dont care for counterpicking?

I wonder if either of Ness' PK Thunder customs help. Lasting PK Thunder seems to be able to make tight turns, which could make it harder for Rosalina to vaccuum.

Not particularly. I play the characters I like, for better or worse.

GGs, Pepper. Really fun games, time flew by. I barely get to play against Shiek players surprisingly, so it was good practice for me. I still feel like I suck with Sonic against her.

I feel like if you were to read more of my air-dodges, you would get those kills faster. :p

A guard point! Hail the goddess.
GGs Cyberman, you play a lot of characters really well. I never fought a WFT before on your level before. I didn't WFT had great recovery options. Your D. Pit was good but I felt your side b attacks became predictable but that didn't stop me from being hit by them. Your Falco is nuts, I didn't even know of his throw into laser options. I have nearly 0 exp against Paultena so her smash attacks caught me off guard. And finally damn your Sonic. His forward Smash is good, I need to use more needles against Sonic.

Nabster92

GGs Nabster. I think I figured out a pretty good strat vs Rosa's neutral air. The problem is if Ness gets off the stage, or in the air at all, it's nearly guaranteed game over.

GG's Shamrock. Yea you were doing much better than last time against it. I just needed to stop running into your up-b's and stupidly reacting with down b as if it was a counter when it was already coming.

As far as Hamburger is concerned, I feel like your regular Mii is harder to play against than the Hamburger. It definitely feels a lot weaker and takes away from the threat.

FSLink

Banned
GGs Nabster. I think I figured out a pretty good strat vs Rosa's neutral air. The problem is if Ness gets off the stage, or in the air at all, it's nearly guaranteed game over. I think it may even be a worse matchup than Brawl Marth vs Ness, but part of the fun is figuring out a strategy that works for lopsided situations. I remember many a MK being surprised at my Ness in Brawl, lol.

Not particularly. I play the characters I like, for better or worse.

Just remember that if Rosalina misspaces her downB, the fact that projectiles warp around her could possibly make it hit you, allowing you to PK Thunder again. Always watch out for it.

Don't be afraid to PK Thunder 2 straight into Luma just to get rid of it, it's worth the damage Rosalina will do to you. I usually use uair and nair to separate the two, but it's still pretty rough. Use the fact that Rosalina is so light to your advantage, any misplaced aerial = bthrow. Don't be afraid to PK Fire or PK Thunder occasionally to have her absorb it, she has some cooldown after it allowing you to go in.

Can't really reflect anything in this matchup either since only bad Rosalina players charge up Luma at full screen lol (always hilarious to reflect it back against bad For Glory players though)

Just remember that if Rosalina misspaces her downB, the fact that projectiles warp around her could possibly make it hit you, allowing you to PK Thunder again. Always watch out for it.

Don't be afraid to PK Thunder 2 straight into Luma just to get rid of it, it's worth the damage Rosalina will do to you. I usually use uair and nair to separate the two, but it's still pretty rough. Use the fact that Rosalina is so light to your advantage, any misplaced aerial = bthrow. Don't be afraid to PK Fire or PK Thunder occasionally to have her absorb it, she has some cooldown after it allowing you to go in.

Oh I know about the projectile hitting you back, but Nabster is a very good player. He knows that too. He will stick around and keep absorbing.

I wouldn't PK2 into Luma unless it's seperated. Good Rosa players will knock you up or off the stage and rack up a ton of damage, or worse, gimp. The only time I see that viable is early percents. The cooldown is a lot quicker than Ness's cooldown for PK Thunder and Fire.

GG's Shamrock. Yea you were doing much better than last time against it. I just needed to stop running into your up-b's and stupidly reacting with down b as if it was a counter when it was already coming.

As far as Hamburger is concerned, I feel like your regular Mii is harder to play against than the Hamburger. It definitely feels a lot weaker and takes away from the threat.

Yea, my regular mii had better luck. I think the matchup will dictate what weight to use, although that might not be a choice anyway. I am guessing tourney rules will just designate middle weight as the default and only option.

I don't think about my opponent's aerial dodges too often. 95% of the time I will go for a fair and then maybe try for a bair. I also need to work with Sheik's neutral a. It's a good move to beat spot dodging but I put it out at a range where my opponent can fall out of the combo and whiff punish me. I wish Sheik had a three hit neutral a combo option like Captain Falcon, she could use the little sword she has for the third hit finisher.

FSLink

Banned
Oh I know about the projectile hitting you back, but Nabster is a very good player. He knows that too. He will stick around and keep absorbing.

I wouldn't PK2 into Luma unless it's seperated. Good Rosa players will knock you up or off the stage and rack up a ton of damage, or worse, gimp. The only time I see that viable is early percents. The cooldown is a lot quicker than Ness's cooldown for PK Thunder and Fire.

Yea, my regular mii had better luck. I think the matchup will dictate what weight to use, although that might not be a choice anyway. I am guessing tourney rules will just designate middle weight as the default and only option.

Yeah, I mean at early percents, but sometimes you gotta throw it out there. There's like 2 fantastic Rosalina players here in Hawaii so I get a lot of experience against them. I usually have to go Diddy.

I do think Mii Brawler works tons better against Rosalina, any character with rushdown does.

fastest, cheesiest way to unlock all customs?
Well you can leave Smash tour on idle and it will play itself. Do 15 turns large map, only have to intervene if it's home run contest or break targets. Other than that crazy orders or 9.0 single player. But if you have an amiibo supposedly you could level that up and let it play for you in modes. I know someone else did that here and had their amiibo farm customs by having them play single player modes over and over again...

Btw anyone still up for a game? nnid: direct_quote :\

I don't think about my opponent's aerial dodges too often. 95% of the time I will go for a fair and then maybe try for a bair. I also need to work with Sheik's neutral a. It's a good move to beat spot dodging but I put it out at a range where my opponent can fall out of the combo and whiff punish me. I wish Sheik had a three hit neutral a combo option like Captain Falcon, she could use the little sword she has for the third hit finisher.
Yeah, I would try to incorporate bair along with using more needles. Nair has a lot of lag if you use it towards apporaching and opponent, letting them punish you. But, it's good tool to get out of combos since it comes out really fast.

You improved a lot since the last time I played you! If Sheik had something like that, she would be amazing with combos, haha.

Yeah, I would try to incorporate bair along with using more needles. Nair has a lot of lag if you use it towards apporaching and opponent, letting them punish you. But, it's good tool to get out of combos since it comes out really fast.

You improved a lot since the last time I played you! If Sheik had something like that, she would be amazing with combos, haha.

I remember playing you in the ranbats pretty early and having my Zelda get destroyed. That set motivated me to pick up Sheik as my main. Thanks for the compliment, it's a lot coming from a player I had fought before. The matches were a lot of fun.

Well you can leave Smash tour on idle and it will play itself. Do 15 turns large map, only have to intervene if it's home run contest or break targets. Other than that crazy orders or 9.0 single player. But if you have an amiibo supposedly you could level that up and let it play for you in modes. I know someone else did that here and had their amiibo farm customs by having them play single player modes over and over again...

Btw anyone still up for a game? nnid: direct_quote :\

Still up? I need to take my mind off some negativity, and you're fun.

EDIT: If possible, customs on. I love seeing options.

Top Bottom