• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Nabster92

Your move Shamrock :D

IvXX7Ej.png

How does it tabulate results?

If you're talking about how it creates a rating, it's based on how you do in battle against your opponent. There's a chat on the website used to communicate with them, and users submit results by themselves. If a user claims a dispute, feedback can be left by both players to explain the situation, and a mod will decide who gets a win, or if a match should be cancelled.

The rating is created after you complete at least 3 matches, no matter the outcome.

EDIT: If you guys wanna find me on Smashladder, here I am. :)

Boney

Banned
I stayed up way too late playing against this really good guy in for glory. Packed a mean Marth, but I had the upper hand there, but then he started using Shiek and oh boy, I understand why she's top tier now, the amount of string and safe options you get are insane. I did win a lot of matches but I just had to commit to hard reads most times to get it.

Cronox

Banned
Btw if anyone wants to do a 1v1, or ffa, nnid:direct_quote

Yeah, we probably played about 10 matches too many, I was getting a little frustrated. I don't know about on your side, but Robin really demands patience from me. When I was willing to wait I won more, but it demands an effort that I can't sustain for too many matches.

If things ease up at work then I might be able to join the ranbats. Till then I'll just be around. Too busy to find time to play alot as of late =/

Does anyone else get into these weird moods were you feel like you can't win a game if your life depended on it? All my mains and alts sucked. played horrible today both online and offline with my friends.

My Peach sucked.
My Greninja sucked.
My Captain Falcon sucked.
My Pikachu sucked.
My Falco was mediocre.

The only character I even played half decent with was my Marth. I felt like some buster online. I'm incredibly inconsistent. I can go from 3-stocking my friends in under a minute or a 15 player win streak online to getting wrecked and humiliated 2 days later. -.-

You have to literally go back to it after every battle to tell it your results, do stage strikes/counterpicks etc. It's very regulated in that sense.

Added you, see your friend requests.

If you're talking about how it creates a rating, it's based on how you do in battle against your opponent. There's a chat on the website used to communicate with them, and users submit results by themselves. If a user claims a dispute, feedback can be left by both players to explain the situation, and a mod will decide who gets a win, or if a match should be cancelled.

The rating is created after you complete at least 3 matches, no matter the outcome.

EDIT: If you guys wanna find me on Smashladder, here I am. :)
Sounds like a lot of effort. o_O

Nabster92

Sounds like a lot of effort. o_O

The dispute case seems a lot more rare than it was on the allisbrawl ladder at least. I haven't had one happen yet. And things are a lot more streamlined as well. Much less hassle than futzing around chatting with the other person about bans and counter picks and what not. You can pretty much not need to say anything to your opponent in the private chat aside from hi and gg because the UI handles everything else.

emb

Does anyone else get into these weird moods were you feel like you can't win a game if your life depended on it? All my mains and alts sucked. played horrible today both online and offline with my friends.

My Peach sucked.
My Greninja sucked.
My Captain Falcon sucked.
My Pikachu sucked.
My Falco was mediocre.

The only character I even played half decent with was my Marth. I felt like some buster online. I'm incredibly inconsistent. I can go from 3-stocking my friends in under a minute or a 15 player win streak online to getting wrecked and humiliated 2 days later. -.-
Yeah, it happens. I feel like I just get in a rut sometimes and have no idea how to play the game at all.

Usually it's because either:
-I'm not thinking very consciously about the game, and I'm just falling into mediocre autopilot/bad habits
-My opponent is playing on point (or in the case of online, I get a string of especially good players). In this case I get flustered and focus more on how bad I am and how I'm not playing well and how I'm mad and forget that I should be focusing on the match.

Boney

Banned
It's on the right hand side after clicking the matchmaking tab on the left. By the way, join channel "neogaf" on there
On the phone so still a little confused. I found the ranked or friendlies options but after I get in queue,what should I be doing?

Also I can't find where to add channels :p

Nabster92

On the phone so still a little confused. I found the ranked or friendlies options but after I get in queue,what should I be doing?

Also I can't find where to add channels :p

You put yourself in queue to notify people you're looking for a match and then someone challenges you and you accept or decline it. You can also click on other people's names listed in the queue and hit play there to challenge them as well.

There's a little + button next to the tab for the main chat room where you can type a name for a chat room to join. Just put neogaf there.

Boney

Banned
Anyone up for some games?

How to I deal with Zero Suit Samus' bullshit aerial kicks? Air dodging apparently doesn't work.
Don't try challenging them, they have good priority and they're very quick, just try to land as fast as possible and dodge. Be careful not to get yourself in a bad setup though. You're gonna get hit a lot by them, and they rack up damage fast but I don't think they hit too hard.
You put yourself in queue to notify people you're looking for a match and then someone challenges you and you accept or decline it. You can also click on other people's names listed in the queue and hit play there to challenge them as well.

There's a little + button next to the tab for the main chat room where you can type a name for a chat room to join. Just put neogaf there.
Ahh perfect, thanks for the help!

I should play Wii Fit Trainer more

But it still a nightmare to play against a short character :/
It's a pretty fun character to use, I tried fooling around with her for a bit but sadly I just can't get over her weird hitboxes and I'm not using a few of her moves like I should like up smash.

RomanceDawn

The rules on Smash Ladder confuse me.

3 stock 8 minutes. I understand counter picks, strikes and all that. But how many games do you play with a single person for a full set? Best 2 of 3?

Don't try challenging them, they have good priority and they're very quick, just try to land as fast as possible and dodge. Be careful not to get yourself in a bad setup though. You're gonna get hit a lot by them, and they rack up damage fast but I don't think they hit too hard.

Thanks for the tips! I'll be on later tonight if you're still interested in playing.

Top Bottom