• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Xun

I got the game at Christmas and finally got around to playing it yesterday.

I never got into Brawl, but this seems to already be a lot better.

Also am I wrong in thinking Toon Link is superior to Link?

BlackJace

Ok, so after looking at that link, he is an overall better character than in Brawl. I guess I have to adjust more with his weight. Wizard's Foot dealing less damage on the ground still hurts.

Crayolan

Any tips for the Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff All-Star challenges?

Duck Hunt I did so long ago I forgot how, I just remember focusing more on smashes (though unfortunately his suck) than zoning. I made it work somehow.

Jigglypuff just spam side smash on easy, don't use rest because it wastes too much time, unless you wind up in a position to rest 3 at once.

This pikachu diddy fight is pretty good.

http://www.twitch.tv/gameslines

Seems I was late to the party.

Any tips for the Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff All-Star challenges?

Duck Hunt usually requires some skill in using Duck Hunt which is annoying considering his smash attacks aren't as straight-forward as the others. I recommend either going the physical route with tilts and smash attacks only, or racking up damage with his spacing tools and then tilting/smashing when they are high enough. Duck Hunt's tilts are surprisingly effective.

For Jiggs, you can do that on easy mode, hunt down and kill/smash every opponent until they die. No time to waste!

Vena

Huh, is that an upset? I'm not aware of the tier outlook at all right now, but that feels like it should be an upset, because Diddy terrifies me.
Maybe I should main something other than heavies.

We all just hate Diddy so seeing him get stomped by ZSS and then beaten by a Wario in Losers Finals, was enjoyable.

Thanks for bearing with my Sheik; I've only been playing her for a few days now. Let me know if you want me to switch characters.

EDIT: Well, I guess I will since you changed.:p

Vena

I don't know how to feel about Diddy at this point.

I feel mostly "meh" as I never see him actually win any of these tournies anymore. He makes it far to decently far but then gets stomped by others. I've seen ZSS, Falcon, Luigi, Ness, Sheik, Sonic, and Rosalina&Luma more nowadays in the top spots with other characters showing up out of nowhere.

Is the 8GB an issue? Since games are not to be installed like on ps4/x1, can i buy the 8gb model without running into space issues in the foreseeable future?

Nope, UK.

Does the UK have an equivalent to: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

Consider refurbs directly from Nintendo if you have that option of there. The 8gb model is just small if you plan on downloading anything other than indie games.

Boney

Banned
Thanks for bearing with my Sheik; I've only been playing her for a few days now. Let me know if you want me to switch characters.

EDIT: Well, I guess I will since you changed.:p
Oh no problem, I'm enjoying it immensely! Super fun fights, you just can't get a good ko

Is the 8GB an issue? Since games are not to be installed like on ps4/x1, can i buy the 8gb model without running into space issues in the foreseeable future?

Nope, UK.

After downloading all the firmware updates, I think you'll be left with like 3 GB if I'm not mistaken.

I feel mostly "meh" as I never see him actually win any of these tournies anymore. He makes it far to decently far but then gets stomped by others. I've seen ZSS, Falcon, Luigi, Ness, Sonic, and Rosalina&Luma more nowadays in the top spots with other characters showing up out of nowhere.

It is pretty spectacular with how balanced most of the characters are, and it seems people are getting better at countering Diddy, or getting used to new mains as time goes on.

Just wish WFT and Mii Swordfighter could get a buff though.

Vena

It is pretty spectacular with how balanced most of the characters are, and it seems people are getting better at countering Diddy, or getting used to new mains as time goes on.

Just wish WFT and Mii Swordfighter could get a buff though.

WFT is hard to buff because of Heavy Breathing's buff and PraiseSalute the Sun's compounding effects on the character's ability to kill.

There's a LOT of characters we're seeing in the top spots, which is rather surprising when you come from Brawl and Melee. Fuck even PM has broken-tier shit like Pit.

jmizzal

I just ran into 2 cheaters online in for glory

it was in 4 player match but it was only 3 playing

One player would fight while the other person would stand on the side, they wouldnt fight each other, if I go after the other they one would attack me from behind, we went in sudden death and when I got knocked out the other person just killed themselve to help the other smh

Brqan

I just ran into 2 cheaters online in for glory

it was in 4 player match but it was only 3 playing

One player would fight while the other person would stand on the side, they wouldnt fight each other, if I go after the other they one would attack me from behind, we went in sudden death and when I got knocked out the other person just killed themselve to help the other smh
That sounds like some brawl online kind of shit.

Top Bottom