• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GG.

Yeah, it's a pain to get around and the down smash, while not safe, is a heavy hit box on both sides of him.

Your Falcon scared the shit out of me that one match though, heh.

How bad was the lag? It was smooth for me almost the entire way through, except during our Lucario v. Bowser match. Had a bit of slow down there. But our first match and our Dedede v. Your characters matches were buttery on my end.

It was the worst whenever I got off stage or got really close to you. Like when I was shulk and did backslash instead up up b...I was like... Waht.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs! Wish I could play people as good as you regularly. I'd break all my bad habits faster.

GGs, Your Pikachu and Shulk were great, and those jumps were really unpredictable, kept thinking you were gonna land but you did something else

The Adder

Banned
It was the worst whenever I got off stage or got really close to you. Like when I was shulk and did backslash instead up up b...I was like... Waht.

Shit. Slow down's one thing, but input lag's the worst. I remember playing this one person in Japan and it felt like I wasn't even controlling my character.

If you want to wipe the record and try again, I'd be down. See if my hosting makes it work better or worse.

Shit. Slow down's one thing, but input lag's the worst. I remember playing this one person in Japan and it felt like I wasn't even controlling my character.

If you want to wipe the record and try again, I'd be down. See if my hosting makes it work better or worse.

Let's see if you hosting makes a difference. If not, then you have it fair and square.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright dude!

Ahh now I'm not sure if I should go custom or not!

We starting right away right?

Speaking of which, does any USB to Ethernet connector work on the Wii u? I think I could find regular ones not Nintendo ones

let test our input first and see how it is then suicide x2 then we will start real match.

Alright dude!

Speaking of which, does any USB to Ethernet connector work on the Wii u? I think I could find regular ones not Nintendo ones
There are a few on Amazon that specifically work with the Wii U. Nintendo stopped making them.

Alright dude!

Certain non-nintendo ones don't work, I learned that the hard way, but I was able to return it and find one that worked (dynex don't remember the mdoel). You will be able to tell right away if it doesn't work.

GGs Cronoc. Tons of fun. Bowser customs suck. :p

I am open to feedback on my play.

I think you still don't use Fortress nearly enough. Tons of situations you could win out with PoS Fortress.

Certain non-nintendo ones don't work, I learned that the hard way, but I was able to return it and find one that worked (dynex don't remember the mdoel). You will be able to tell right away if it doesn't work.
Non-Nintendo ones work. I am using one right now.

Edit: nm, missed the "certain".

Literally can't be, given my living situation. If it turns out I'm lagging others out, I won't be hurt by being ousted.

Edit: Room's up, worthy.
Get an electricitical socket port. Someone linked one earlier. I think Captain uses one.

Non-Nintendo ones work. I am using one right now.

Edit: nm, missed the "certain".

Get an electricitical socket port. Someone linked one earlier. I think Captain uses one.
edit: guess you edited, but should emphasize someone can buy one that won't work at all. So make sure you research it before buying one.

FSLink

Banned
edit: guess you edited, but should emphasize someone can buy one that won't work at all. So make sure you research it before buying one.

There literally is a few on Amazon that say "Works on Wii U" in the reviews, so just do some research.

And I use a Powerline adapter too and it works great, don't have to run a giant ethernet cord from downstairs to my room upstairs (currently renting so I can't just wire ethernet cords all over the place)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Great Games! You really have nice Samus there.

That would explained quite a lot about small input lag and hiccups. I didn't noticed at first until I kept failing with my dodge and quick shield sometime with timing being off. Excellent game tho! You should go with what Daboss recommended. I fought him many time in the past, and it was pretty good.

Here is the records

Bonely (Samus) > IH (Duck Hunt) (I lost two stocks, and he lost one stock)
Bonely (Samus) > IH (Duck Hunt) (I lost two stocks, and he lost none)
IH (Little Mac) > Bonely (Samus) (I lost one stocks, and he lost two stocks)
Bonely (Samus) > IH (Little Mac) (I lost two stocks, and he lost none)
Bonely (Samus) > IH (Little Mac) (I lost two stocks, and he lost one stock)
Bonely (Samus) > IH (Wario) (I lost two stocks, and he lost one stock)

Boney

Banned
Great Games! You really have nice Samus there.

That would explained quite a lot about small input lag and hiccups. I didn't noticed at first until I kept failing with my dodge and quick shield sometime with timing being off.

Excellent game tho!

Here is the records

Bonely (Samus) > IH (Duck Hunt) (I lost two stocks, and he lost one stock) (1-0)
Bonely (Samus) > IH (Duck Hunt) (I lost two stocks, and he lost none)
IH (Little Mac) > Bonely (Samus) (I lost one stocks, and he lost two stocks)
Bonely (Samus) > IH (Wario) (I lost two stocks, and he lost one stock)
Thanks, both for the compliments and the write up! But I think I 2 stocked that second little Mac fight :p

Regardless thanks for the games they were pretty fun! Got pretty tense and each Change of character threw me off!
Your wario is probably your best guy but I'm not used to him at all

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thanks, both for the compliments and the write up! But I think I 2 stocked that second little Mac fight :p

Regardless thanks for the games they were pretty fun! Got pretty tense and each Che of character threw me off!

Oh, my mistake. I apologized for that!

Boney

Banned
Sure, I'm trying to figure out what am I suppose to fill out in my slot.

1-5 (on my side right?)
Yep!

I guess I'm gonna go see if I can get an adaptor on Monday, I've been meaning to and now that the ranbats started I think it's just respectful.

If you want we can do the games again, I don't mind.

Cronox

Banned

First I've got to do my customary complaining. I think the real problem with customs isn't the options they give, but the sometimes wonky priority and effects they have. Unfortunately I doubt Jigglypuff will be able to keep up in the customs meta. Jiggs versus Ganondorf is a battle of agility, but when Ganondorf has the movement options customs give him that's gone too. And no attack Puff has has more priority than Ganondorf's with customs. Pound (side-b) would normally supersede Gdorf's default side-b and clash with the down-b (might have to double-check the latter).

Hitting me 1/4 into battlefield with Ganandorf's up-b? Side-b that carries you through me so far that it's not punishable. Down-b canceling? I'm most salty about his dair though, goddamnit it sucks. It's so easy too, it's not even "hype" to get hit by it cause the attack is so huge, hitting from his waist down. And poor Bowser (and anyone with a mostly horizontal recovery) really doesn't have much to answer it.

Yeah I'm actually more interested in dash slam, or whatever that side b custom is called, as far as Bowser customs go. I'll have to spend some time with it, since I just unlocked it the other day (I erroneously said I'd unlocked everything for Bowser a bit back, turns out I was wrong). The fire projectile did better than I expected, if you didn't have your down-b custom I would have gotten more use out of it. I can see it being useful in certain matchups (Sonic, specifically). Dash slash looks cool and feels good to use but I dislike that it doesn't take me anywhere if I still have backwards momentum - that really sours it for me. Plus all of your attacks have more priority.

As for 'Dorf, I think you know him a lot better than I do. I think in the Bowser matchup you've got most things figured out. I was able to punish your rolls sometimes, I guess. There were some questionable neutral b's on your part, but you already know that. I imagine that you'd have a whole other set of problems against the high tier characters, but you'll have to figure out those yourself.

Some really weird moments in those matches. Pretty sure we had an air clash at some point. Weird momentum-related things too. I think the physics in this game could use a recheck by Treehouse or whoever, especially as customs can really be unpredictable.

Sure, I'm trying to figure out what am I suppose to fill out in my slot.

1-5 (on my side right?)

Edited: I just put it down as 1 win - 5 losses. I hope that it's acceptable.
I believe the rules state what to do.

Regardless, just list the winner as 1, and the loser as 0, in the respective slots. The score is irrelevant.

There we go. Felt so much better. Dang were there some dang close and intense matches...

If you don't think that was fair let me now. I will give you the W.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I believe the rules state what to do.

Regardless, just list the winner as 1, and the loser as 0, in the respective slots. The score is irrelevant.

Sorry, I did checked the rule set but for some reason, I actually overlooked that part. I should have read carefully.

Yep!

I guess I'm gonna go see if I can get an adaptor on Monday, I've been meaning to and now that the ranbats started I think it's just respectful.

If you want we can do the games again, I don't mind.

Naw, I already accepted my loss but we will have rematch someday in the future! :D

I thought I was decent with Yoshi, but some guy dominated me in a ditto in For Glory. He always seemed to have an egg out, and he was always fairing. It was almost impossible to approach, and with the lag, I kept getting hit with his fairs. He also knew some combos that I didn't know, like jab cancel down b. He did some other crazy combos that wracked up the percent.

Is there no filter on names? Some other guy had the name "ASSBUTT". People also like to switch to Lucina when I play Marth. Like, they are mad I won or they want to show me how to properly play.

First I've got to do my customary complaining. I think the real problem with customs isn't the options they give, but the sometimes wonky priority and effects they have. Unfortunately I doubt Jigglypuff will be able to keep up in the customs meta. Jiggs versus Ganondorf is a battle of agility, but when Ganondorf has the movement options customs give him that's gone too. And no attack Puff has has more priority than Ganondorf's. Pound (side-b) would normally supersede Gdorf's side-b and clash with the down-b (might have to double-check the latter).

Hitting me 1/4 into battlefield with Ganandorf's up-b? Side-b that carries you through me so far that it's not punishable. Down-b canceling? I'm most salty about his dair though, goddamnit it sucks. It's so easy too, it's not even "hype" to get hit by it cause the attack is so huge, hitting from his waist down. And poor Bowser (and anyone with a mostly horizontal recovery) really doesn't have much to answer it.

Yeah I'm actually more interested in dash slam, or whatever that side b custom is called, as far as Bowser customs go. I'll have to spend some time with it, since I just unlocked it the other day (I erroneously said I'd unlocked everything for Bowser a bit back, turns out I was wrong). The fire projectile did better than I expected, if you didn't have your down-b custom I would have gotten more use out of it. I can see it being useful in certain matchups (Sonic, specifically). Dash slash looks cool and feels good to use but I dislike that it doesn't take me anywhere if I still have backwards momentum - that really sours it for me. Plus all of your attacks have more priority.

As for 'Dorf, I think you know him a lot better than I do. I think in the Bowser matchup you've got most things figured out. I was able to punish your rolls sometimes, I guess. There were some questionable neutral b's on your part, but you already know that. I imagine that you'd have a whole other set of problems against the high tier characters, but you'll have to figure out those yourself.

Some really weird moments in those matches. Pretty sure we had an air clash at some point. Weird momentum-related things too. I think the physics in this game could use a recheck by Treehouse or whoever, especially as customs can really be unpredictable.
Damn man, I have never seen you so salty.

Jigglypuff has NEVER been about having more priority than your opponent. Otherwise Jiggs would be irrelevant in the Melee meta thanks to all the Marth players. Jiggs uses her mobility to bait attacks, move in, and then punish. You are misunderstanding the character. A few times you did this, but you were also often happy to charge in and get booted.

Dorf's side B has a lot of windup. It only works as a punishment move reliably. Every time you went to land with Jiggs, I hit you with it because landing is not safe. You should have baited the side B by pretending to land, floating away, and then hitting me during the move's massive recovery.

I totally agree that the up B hits were hilariously unexpected. That said, there is a dark cloud around his fists that tells you where the hitbox is, and Dorf isn't the only character that can hit from below the stage.

Dorf down B makes him into a viable character. It destroys zoning so he can get in. The default down B can KO at reasonable %, though, and the custom can't. It is the same tradeoff Bowser gets from Dash Klaw. Mobility and flexibility for giving up a situational kill move.

Man, if you think Dorf's Dair is bonkers, play Direct_Quote's Lucina. I actually changed Dorf's moveset just to counter it. I was getting spiked all day long. Yeah, it sucks to get spiked, but that is Dorf. He is the ultimate early killer. Bowser sucks off the ledge, it is part of his balance. Now, if you want, you could use Bowser's recovery customs to be safe from spikes. But I doubt you want to do that, because Fortress is so good. Then again, you don't like Fortressing much, so maybe you would like it.

Dash Slam is mega ass. So is Bowser's fireball. Sonic can counter it easy with homing dash attack. You got hit out of Dash Slash because your spacing was poor. Plus you were spamming it, so it became predictable. I understand spamming a new move to figure it out, but don't blame the move for that.

This is day 3 of learning Dorf, so I am still learning a lot. I read a lot of guides and watched videos last night. I actually think Bowser still wins the matchup, even with Dorf customs. Shield punishing is really good. I think you just get too offensive for your own good. Also, Dair is great, but if it can be punished by a move that will kill you, I recommend against it. You lost a few stocks that way.

I must say, your post, and all its salt, makes me feel pretty good. :p

I can't edit the spread...
An editing link should have been emailed to you.

Top Bottom