• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Puruzi

Banned
Server back on maint it seems. GGs Namikaze, you had a really good Yoshi, and your Marth and Lucario weren't too shabby either

Server back on maint it seems. GGs Namikaze, you had a really good Yoshi, and your Marth and Lucario weren't too shabby either

I don't know why everyone keeps saying my Yoshi is good when they easily beat him... how does everyone get so many shield grabs? I never do them, but am always receiving them. I guess it is because of the defensive nature of the game. I should probably stall and not do so many nairs so that people don't constantly grab me. Everyone also gets running grabs on me.

Good games, though. You were good with everyone you used.

FluxWaveZ

Got back on. I wonder if it's done or if it'll keep oscillating between maintenance and not.

Willing to play 1v1 customs with anyone who wants.

What is the fastest way to get customs for a specific character in the Wii U version? Trophy Rush is giving me random stuff, and anywhere between 3-5 custom parts.

Puruzi

Banned
If you have a gamecube turbo controller, set special to A, start target blast, and afk.
I can't do that because I don't have an adapter and am stuck with the gamepad, but that's apparently the quickest way to get them.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying my Yoshi is good when they easily beat him... how does everyone get so many shield grabs? I never do them, but am always receiving them. I guess it is because of the defensive nature of the game. I should probably stall and not do so many nairs so that people don't constantly grab me. Everyone also gets running grabs on me.

It's probably the same as how people say they like my Zelda even though it gets destroyed easily.

In general, you're probably a very good Yoshi as most people who play the char would probably end up being destroyed but you put up a fight.

Yoshi isn't exactly the most common of chars out there so someone who is good with him stands out.

Boney

Banned

One thing you need to do is not go all in with the aerials, Yoshi has enough air mobility to hit with fair and retreat and landing safely away from grab range.

I suppose nair is best used as a cross up when performed on a shield

Cronox

Banned
What is the fastest way to get customs for a specific character in the Wii U version? Trophy Rush is giving me random stuff, and anywhere between 3-5 custom parts.

I've been really impressed in the last couple days with the method detailed here, specifically when combined with taking a character out for a 1 stock smash beforehand to set priority for that character's customs. I went from 1 custom unlocked on Jigglypuff to all of them in a few hours of leaving my Wii U doing it's job, and a couple on Ganondorf to all but one unlocked in a couple hours last night. You will need a controller with turbo buttons though.

Too bad all of Jigglypuff's are complete trash :( They might as well have not made any for him/her/whatever.

No: the target smash in event mode. Pick the character you want customs for, keep resetting level until green icon appears. Hit it with bomb. Repeat

That's what I meant, but I guess I was talking about the turbo method. I am doing this and have gotten like 1 new custom move, and a bunch of equipment.

It's probably the same as how people say they like my Zelda even though it gets destroyed easily.

In general, you're probably a very good Yoshi as most people who play the char would probably end up being destroyed but you put up a fight.

Yoshi isn't exactly the most common of chars out there so someone who is good with him stands out.

I guess. But my moral is down today because some guy I beat that was playing Pac Man switched to Yoshi and beat me. Maybe it was his real main, but if not, that is a big downer to me. I did somehow win my bracket last ranbats, but now people like Direct Quote have gotten a lot better, and would probably beat me if we used the same brackets.

One thing you need to do is not go all in with the aerials, Yoshi has enough air mobility to hit with fair and retreat and landing safely away from grab range.

I suppose nair is best used as a cross up when performed on a shield

I know I am supposed to do that. A really good Yoshi on For Glory did that plus always having eggs out and I lost 2/3 times. I try to do that stuff, but it is hard without the c stick, and I am not used to using the c stick. I am also not used to trumping or pivot or shield grabs. Good thing I don't plan to go pro.

I've been really impressed in the last couple days with the method detailed here, specifically when combined with taking a character out for a 1 stock smash beforehand to set priority for that character's customs. I went from 1 custom unlocked on Jigglypuff to all of them in a few hours of leaving my Wii U doing it's job, and a couple on Ganondorf to all but one unlocked in a couple hours last night. You will need a controller with turbo buttons though.

Too bad all of Jigglypuff's are complete trash :( They might as well have not made any for him/her/whatever.

No turbo here :(

Boney

Banned
You should take that habit out of coming down with the up b on stage, it'll get you punished every time.

I say that and get hit by it a million times lol, one which was a good idea, when I came to pursue off stage

You should take that habit out of coming down with the up b on stage, it'll get you punished every time.

Wasn't recovering, was trying to get from one side of the stage to the other but the cape actually reverses the squall the other direction since it's not the regular teleport.

Top Bottom