• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

DooD1234

Alright. GG I let you do your ranbat with Nabster. Really mean Yoshi.

I just want to say fuck yoshi and his safe as hell aerials. That was bullshit how you can spike with fair followed by up smash lol.

Play you again sometimes.

Anyone else want to fight me or a FFA I can join?

Alright just post again whenever you're ready.

Alright I am ready. You wanna make the room?

Alright. GG I let you do your ranbat with Nabster. Really mean Yoshi.

I just want to say fuck yoshi and his safe as hell aerials. That was bullshit how you can spike with fair followed by up smash lol.

Play you again sometimes.

Anyone else want to fight me or a FFA I can join?

Haha, they would be even better if I could space them properly. You gotta tech the fair, and it seems to be automatic sometimes.

DaBoss

Shulk's b-air hitbox will never make sense. He already has good reach, why would the part where the sword doesn't touch have an active hitbox.

EDIT: When was Pikachu's side smash that hard to punish?

I can do ranbats if you want, or friendlies as well.
I haven't been able to get the Ethernet adaptor yet, so dunno, ranbats could be later

NNID boney64

Oh, if you're planning on getting it sometime soon, then yeah, we can wait on ranbats and just do friendlies. Although I'm on a wireless connection, so I don't know how much that'll help. I've also been experiencing some pretty laggy matches on For Glory tonight, so my internet might be acting up. NNID is phantomflapjack

Boney

Banned
Oh, if you're planning on getting it sometime soon, then yeah, we can wait on ranbats and just do friendlies. Although I'm on a wireless connection, so I don't know how much that'll help. I've also been experiencing some pretty laggy matches on For Glory tonight, so my internet might be acting up. NNID is phantomflapjack
Yeah I wanna get one soon so let's do friendlies now!

I'll add you and set up the room

Edit: damn it's pretty laggy :/
Let's do a few more and see if it sorts itself out. I'm South America here so it's gonna strain the connection

I have no idea why I chose Link for the last match. That was dumb as fuck. Good games, though. I haven't really fought many Rosalinas, and definitely not one as good as you.

Anyone up for 1v1?

Nabster92

I have no idea why I chose Link for the last match. That was dumb as fuck. Good games, though. I haven't really fought many Rosalinas, and definitely not one as good as you.

Anyone up for 1v1?

Haha, I actually tend to have trouble with some Link's normally. Though that may be due to not having the custom laser to shut down his projectiles before they start. Rosalina is definitely a character you need some experience with to play against effectively. You did well for not having much of the matchup experience yet. GG's.

Neki

I'll try to save a replay of the next time I play with Tipster if you want to see more of that matchup. I tend to use n-air to approach more than gravitational pull against him. If a metal blade is coming followed by a crash bomb, you n-air to grab the metal blade and hit the crash bomb with the tail end of rosa's n-air to cancel it out. Then you can use the metal blade to put more pressure on him at a closer range. Still works similarly if they're coming in the opposite order, but you just n-air the crash bomb with luma and hit the metal blade with the end. You don't have the metal blade in hand in that case, but you still get in closer.

I would only use gravitational pull at a safe distance to force him to approach or to just get yourself in a better position at a far distance or something. Also remember it lasts for a decent amount of time, so it can pull both crash bomb and metal blade in one pull.

As a side note, I think I play a much more aggressive than normal Rosalina, so I'm not sure if my advice would fit well with your play style, but it should be a useful thing to know in the matchup regardless.

Anyways, anyone wanna do bracket 1 ranbats?
Thanks for the tips. I need to get better at approaching with neutral a, it always feels awkward to get in with.

Nabster92

Thanks for the tips. I need to get better at approaching with neutral a, it always feels awkward to get in with.

Yea definitely get a lot more accustomed with her n-air. The Luma hit comes out right away to punish things quickly ahead of you, the tail end of Rosalina's hitbox lasts a lot longer than people expect so you can fall into people with it and back off as you hit the shield to touch it but stay out of grab range. You'll start to realize that people drop their shield and try to punish the end of n-air thinking it's done and get hit by it a stupid amount of times.

You can also use the Luma first hit to pressure their shield and then continue to move over them and bait them to drop their shield while the second hit of Luma comes out and hits them from behind. That second hit also hits them in the direction you're already moving at that point, so if it does hit you can follow it up with an up-smash at lower percents or a f-air or something at higher percents.

Haha, I actually tend to have trouble with some Link's normally. Though that may be due to not having the custom laser to shut down his projectiles before they start. Rosalina is definitely a character you need some experience with to play against effectively. You did well for not having much of the matchup experience yet. GG's.

You up for some matches? Or we can actually do our Ranbats set too

What's the cheapest I can get a Wii U for to play this game? Would love to play some GAFfers

What's your region? I know here in the USA you can go to most stores and they'll have them in stock for $300, usually with some games bundled in like Super Mario 3D World and such.

Just got another TV set up, but how do I check for input lag? I don't notice anything obvious. :O

Well those games didn't seem to be going well for me, ggs Dood. I suppose it's for the better because I shouldn't be taking a break at all from my studies >_<

Top Bottom