• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

TWILT

Banned
Would anyone like to play some 1v1s with customs on? Just finally finished unlocking all of them; making custom sets for every character in the game AND then transferring them all to the Wii U version is not fun lol.

Boney

Banned
The theory vehind my Little Mac:

You can't possibly know what he's doibg, because I sure as hell don't
Sounds like a bad gameplan dude >.>

Haven't touched Mac myself but you gotta super armor and trade with everything and be the most annoying character

Thanks for playing Flux! Great stuff all around.

Custom Rosie is even more scary than normals, and fuck at that 40% kill on Delphino.

Playing against Sonic feels about the same to me with customs or no, but you work him like magic. It's a tough match, especially since you're able to change up how you play with him so effortlessly.

All in all, I really enjoyed our matches. Wish I could play more, but I've got to run to a concert in a bit.

FluxWaveZ

Last one for me Flux! Fantastic games though!

Yeah, those were some great games. Your Mega Man is straight up unapproachable if I'm the least bit reckless, which I tend to be quite a bit.

I learned from out matches, though, to stop fighting on auto-pilot. I'm extremely predictable, and I rely on the same tactics over and over again. It's during the last match where I decided to turn that off, and actually play reactively instead of going all-out random like I usually do. I think I'll be able to improve by changing how I play like this.

Also, is there a particular reason you didn't use any Mega Man customs? Do you have a preference for his default move set?

and fuck at that 40% kill on Delphino.

Ha, one of the highlights.

Also, is there a particular reason you didn't use any Mega Man customs? Do you have a preference for his default move set?

That's pretty much it. I like all of Mega's customs as a fan of the series, but from a straight up play style perspective I like the default set. Particularly against the characters you were playing.

Against some projectile heavy characters I plan on switching out leaf shield for skull barrier, but aside from that I like him default.

DaBoss

Would anyone like to play some 1v1s with customs on? Just finally finished unlocking all of them; making custom sets for every character in the game AND then transferring them all to the Wii U version is not fun lol.
I can, though not for long. And will have to use Off-TV Play which is 100x worse than the 3DS version lol.

NNID: DaOnlyBoss

Boney

Banned
Out after thus dude. I play 2 characters semi-competently and one well and you seem to have a good handle on them.
Was thinking the same. Pretty tired I need a break. Your ddd is ok, you gotta stop doing those up b's though, I'm getting hit because I suck but it's a bad idea. Other than that you showed some good moments doing down tilts to pressure and some good special awareness with the jab combo. For some reason that always stumps me whenever I play a ddd I always eat 70% of my damage from that for being careless.

Still, keep it up dude!

FluxWaveZ

That's pretty much it. I like all of Mega's customs as a fan of the series, but from a straight up play style perspective I like the default set. Particularly against the characters you were playing.

Against some projectile heavy characters I plan on switching out leaf shield for skull barrier, but aside from that I like him default.

Alright, cool. I'm going to need to read up on what the consensus is for Sonic's customs since, like you said, the ones I were using didn't feel that different compared to his standard specials. I do have a slight preference for his side B with the huge leap + bury.

The Adder

Banned
Was thinking the same. Pretty tired I need a break. Your ddd is ok, you gotta stop doing those up b's though, I'm getting hit because I suck but it's a bad idea. Other than that you showed some good moments doing down tilts to pressure and some good special awareness with the jab combo. For some reason that always stumps me whenever I play a ddd I always eat 70% of my damage from that for being careless.

Still, keep it up dude!

Thanks.

I know Dedede's up b is unwise most of the time I use them, but you'd be surprised the number of people who forget the splash damage from the stars. it's not necessarily because you suck, heh.

I notice you have a habit of spot-dodging the first jab. That may be why you're eating them so much as I don't think there's any way for that to work out for you unless the Dedede you're playing doesn't commit to the jab combo.

Other than that, I've got no advice. You are the better player. For now.

Nabster92

Maybe I'm not using her correctly, but I've always struggled in the match up. I suppose I could try camping him out but it's hard to gravity every single metal blade + crash bomb, and it leaves you open to a metal blade + run up grab by the Megaman. Though I'm sure the Megaman I've playing against is just much better than me, so I need to find a way to close the skill gap. :p

I'll try to save a replay of the next time I play with Tipster if you want to see more of that matchup. I tend to use n-air to approach more than gravitational pull against him. If a metal blade is coming followed by a crash bomb, you n-air to grab the metal blade and hit the crash bomb with the tail end of rosa's n-air to cancel it out. Then you can use the metal blade to put more pressure on him at a closer range. Still works similarly if they're coming in the opposite order, but you just n-air the crash bomb with luma and hit the metal blade with the end. You don't have the metal blade in hand in that case, but you still get in closer.

I would only use gravitational pull at a safe distance to force him to approach or to just get yourself in a better position at a far distance or something. Also remember it lasts for a decent amount of time, so it can pull both crash bomb and metal blade in one pull.

As a side note, I think I play a much more aggressive than normal Rosalina, so I'm not sure if my advice would fit well with your play style, but it should be a useful thing to know in the matchup regardless.

Anyways, anyone wanna do bracket 1 ranbats?

Boney

Banned
Thanks.

I know Dedede's up b is unwise most of the time I use them, but you'd be surprised the number of people who forget the splash damage from the stars. it's not necessarily because you suck, heh.

I notice you have a habit of spot-dodging the first jab. That may be why you're eating them so much as I don't think there's any way for that to work out for you unless the Dedede you're playing doesn't commit to the jab combo.

Other than that, I've got no advice. You are the better player. For now.
Hehehe bring it!

Top Bottom