• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Nabster92

I am thouroughly embarrassed. Don't know what Ness can do vs that. GGs

GG's. I'm actually kinda warming up to this customs business with Rosa...Though there's still a lot left to learn with all the other matchups as well. Need to start using that luma warp a lot more. Dat shit cray.

GGs Twilt. I enjoyed our matches, but wish you would have used Pikachu and Shulk. Saving them for our ranbat matches, I wager. :p

Feedback is welcome.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Twilt. I enjoyed our matches, but wish you would have used Pikachu and Shulk. Saving them for our ranbat matches, I wager. :p

Feedback is welcome.

GGs! Haha yeah, a little bit, though I was planning to bring out Link after. I was mostly practicing to see if there's any other characters I'd like to join the ranks of my Shulk/Pika/Link trinity. I don't think Robin will ever click for me; I'm too offensive with her! I like Greninja, but he's a bit too slippery, Ike's fun, but I'm not sure custom set I should stick with, and I need to get better with moving around with ZSS.

As for feedback, I thought you played really well for a day 5 custom Ganondorf. That Up Smash has some deceiving end lag and I kept getting hit by those FSmashes more than I should have lol. That Ganondorf's Down B custom is interesting, though I felt that it was getting easier for me to see it coming, block it and then punish it as the set progressed. Those times you got me with the Side B choke, I felt you could have gotten more out of it, like for example, a lot of Ganondorf's I've played like reading where I'm going to roll, and chase me down with another Side B or FSmash me.

SoldnerKei

wow, that last stock I thought I would be able to survive xD

damn, cannot let Lucario rack more than 120%, dude knows how to hurt people

edit: forgot to add! damn my manners, Great Games boney, Lucario is pretty scary at high % I always kinda forget that xD
good stuff with the customs too!

Boney

Banned
wow, that last stock I thought I would be able to survive xD

damn, cannot let Lucario rack more than 120%, dude knows how to hurt people
Yeah aura can get pretty crazy, damage knock back and range gets better. But he's still pretty light so it's pretty much a glass cannon more so than little Mac.

Fun games, enjoyed them a lot and went very smooth. You can use a lot of characters pretty good.
I'm happy with lucario seeing I picked him up today, he has a lot of cool stuff and his aerials have little landing lag, especially nair.
I was running the default one. Haven't really messed around with his customs but I've fought against the slow spheres and they're pretty great but seeing I main samus I really like having the fast projectile

Also I'm torn on link's customs, the no wind boomerang seems slower and has less range and damage so I think I might stick with the wind one, and the bombs short fuse kinda kills his projectile game in favor of a very obvious but wonderful setups. They're great against characters with bad recoveries though

DooD1234

Has anyone noticed that the CPUs on the 3DS version are ~100x better than the CPUs in the Wii U version?
They feel the same to me. In fact the 3DS CPU seem dumber for the fact that they air dodge anything and everything as soon as you jump at them in the air baiting for an air dodge and punishing after words. This works even when you play as Mac even though he can't do anything threatening in the air besides a rare few exceptions.

SoldnerKei

Fun games, enjoyed them a lot and went very smooth.
I'm happy with lucario seeing I picked him up today, he has a lot of cool stuff and his aerials have little landing lag, especially nair.
I was running the default one. Haven't really messed around with his customs but I've fought against the slow spheres and they're pretty great but seeing I main samus I really like having the fast projectile

good improvement for a day-one character xD
gotta play more against him with Link, thou I guess I should focus on him altogether now that the ranbat is on, some more ZSS too

edit: regarding Links customs, I really like his Melee boomerang a lot, mostly because it hits back, in a sense feels like having a puppet projectile lol

with bombs I am still wondering which one to use, meteor lead to some good options, but regular bombs aren't so bad, as you can soft throw them to have the same effect as meteor bombs, also they actually help your recovery(remember one of those matches we had a couple of weeks ago? hoho) so I am kinda torn between both of them, I guess I should have a set for each, just depending on the match up

GGs! Haha yeah, a little bit, though I was planning to bring out Link after. I was mostly practicing to see if there's any other characters I'd like to join the ranks of my Shulk/Pika/Link trinity. I don't think Robin will ever click for me; I'm too offensive with her! I like Greninja, but he's a bit too slippery, Ike's fun, but I'm not sure custom set I should stick with, and I need to get better with moving around with ZSS.

As for feedback, I thought you played really well for a day 5 custom Ganondorf. That Up Smash has some deceiving end lag and I kept getting hit by those FSmashes more than I should have lol. That Ganondorf's Down B custom is interesting, though I felt that it was getting easier for me to see it coming, block it and then punish it as the set progressed. Those times you got me with the Side B choke, I felt you could have gotten more out of it, like for example, a lot of Ganondorf's I've played like reading where I'm going to roll, and chase me down with another Side B or FSmash me.
Greninja was the hardest to deal with of those characters.

I think you have the right Ile customs, but projectile Aether > diagonal Aether, IMO. The stun counter is vile.

Up Smash has almost no recovery. It is good to throw out as a bait, though sometimes you beat my bait. -_-

Fsmash pulls his hitbox back, so it is a great counterpoke. Some Dorf players claim it is also upper body invincible. It beats a lot of aerials.

The custom down B beats projectiles on reaction, which is the primary reason I have it. It shuts down ZSS' ranged game, Link's ranged game, and a lot of others.

This is my first day using his standard side B. Otherwise I have been using custom 3. I am not great at follow-ups with it. I know some good setups, I just haven't practiced them yet. Using utilt as a ledge guard was new for me today. Shout outs to the utilt and Warlock Punch kills. ;)

Could I have avoided your ZSS and Greninja throw combos?

Has anyone noticed that the CPUs on the 3DS version are ~100x better than the CPUs in the Wii U version?
Total opposite.

TWILT

Banned
Re. Link's customs: Melee Boomerang is a must IMO. More damaging and can act as a very useful combo breaker. Gale Boomerang's wind properties are just too situational and sometimes they can accidentally help your opponent.

That said, I think I should try 1211 as his main set. Meteor Bombs are nice, but they don't have the same utility as the regular bombs, which you can use to follow it up with almost anything.
Greninja was the hardest to deal with of those characters.

I think you have the right Ile customs, but projectile Aether > diagonal Aether, IMO. The stun counter is vile.

Up Smash has almost no recovery. It is good to throw out as a bait, though sometimes you beat my bait. -_-

Fsmash pulls his hitbox back, so it is a great counterpoke. Some Dorf players claim it is also upper body invincible. It beats a lot of aerials.

The custom down B beats projectiles on reaction, which is the primary reason I have it. It shuts down ZSS' ranged game, Link's ranged game, and a lot of others.

This is my first day using his standard side B. Otherwise I have been using custom 3. I am not great at follow-ups with it. I know some good setups, I just haven't practiced them yet. Using utilt as a ledge guard was new for me today. Shout outs to the utilt and Warlock Punch kills. ;)

Could I have avoided your ZSS and Greninja throw combos?

Total opposite.
Noted.

When I was trying to hit you out of that Warlock Punch, but was like an inch away (think I might have failed anyway because of the armor...). I just laughed haha.

I haven't practiced ZSS enough to say (though Dthrow > FAir IS a true combo from testing). For Greninja, at very low percents, UThrow > UAir isn't too reliable; have had a lot of people easily air dodge, though I can bait them with an up smash if I see them go for it. It IS a true combo at midish~ percents (40-70%) though lighter characters can DI out of it from my experience.

Re. Link's customs: Melee Boomerang is a must IMO. More damaging and can act as a very useful combo breaker. Gale Boomerang's wind properties are just too situational and sometimes they can accidentally help your opponent.

That said, I think I should try 1211 as his main set. Meteor Bombs are nice, but they don't have the same utility as the regular bombs, which you can use to follow it up with almost anything.

Noted.

When I was trying to hit you out of that Warlock Punch, but was like an inch away (think I might have failed anyway because of the armor...). I just laughed haha.

I haven't practiced ZSS enough to say (though Dthrow > FAir IS a true combo from testing). For Greninja, at very low percents, UThrow > UAir isn't too reliable; have had a lot of people easily air dodge, though I can bait them with an up smash if I see them go for it. It IS a true combo at midish~ percents (40-70%) though lighter characters can DI out of it from my experience.
Thanks!

Yeah let's record stuff with a potato mic and test it with aerials that are already pretty lag-less, lol

Pretty much garbage until they show something actually substantial.
On reddit, one of the guys said it works with Mario's fair, which has lots of landing lag. If anyone wants to test it...

Well I finished the thing I needed to finish so if anyone wants to get a few games in before bed I'm game,nnid :direct_quote (only took 10 hours...)

Yeah let's record stuff with a potato mic and test it with aerials that are already pretty lag-less, lol

Pretty much garbage until they show something actually substantial.
Should consult Rage Quit on this matter b/c he knows a lot about potato cams.

Top Bottom