• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Still looking for one more person for the ranbats.

Karst: Here's a link to our fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osEsVAkzK-Y&feature=youtu.be

The actual phone video is higher quality, but I didn't see any youtube options for quality, so it came out like this. Hopefully it'll serve your purpose!

Let me know if anythings wrong with it.

Does anyone want to play a few 1v1s?
Damn, I look so boss during the first 30 seconds of that match.

The video froze toward the end, but this is still great. Thank you.

Masked Man

I said wow
Damn, I look so boss during the first 30 seconds of that match.

The video froze toward the end, but this is still great. Thank you.

Wow, Ganondorf has so much extra mobility with that custom Down B. :O Are you using the Up B that doesn't grab but only punches the opponent?

Also, dat double KO! You two are awesome. :D

Wow, Ganondorf has so much extra mobility with that custom Down B. :O Are you using the Up B that doesn't grab but only punches the opponent?

Also, dat double KO! You two are awesome. :D
Yeah, that up B is preferable because it kills at ~80%, has the same recovery distance, AND, it has super armor from frames 5-14. It makes Ganondorf really hard to gimp, which is important because his recovery is so linear.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, that up B is preferable because it kills at ~80%, has the same recovery distance, AND, it has super armor from frames 5-14. It makes Ganondorf really hard to gimp, which is important because his recovery is so linear.

It actually goes slightly higher. :p

DooD1234

Karst: Here's a link to our fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osEsVAkzK-Y&feature=youtu.be

The actual phone video is higher quality, but I didn't see any youtube options for quality, so it came out like this. Hopefully it'll serve your purpose!

Woo wow, that was a close match and you two must have been tensed throughout the last stock. Also kind of lame the last few seconds kind of crapped out though.

Looking at some customs, I can't help but feel why certain moves are not the default. Like there is no reason not to use Mario strong fludd over regular fludd or the gust cape over the regular cape.

FSLink

Banned
Woo wow, that was a close match and you two must have been tensed throughout the last stock. Also kind of lame the last few seconds kind of crapped out though.

Looking at some customs, I can't help but feel why certain moves are not the default. Like there is no reason not to use Mario strong fludd over regular fludd or the gust cape over the regular cape.

It's kind of the nature of having different equippable special moves, some will be straight up grades, some will be useless, some will be just sidegrades.

C'mon guys, nobody for 1v1s? :(

It's kind of the nature of having different equippable special moves, some will be straight up grades, some will be useless, some will be just sidegrades.

C'mon guys, nobody for 1v1s? :(
I'm playing with Neki at the moment but if youre still looking when we are done I'd be happy to play

GGs. Your Robin is really good! I was trying to get some Rosa practice but I clearly have a ways to go.
Thanks, I'm assuming you main Falco and Villager (whom you were both good with, especially falco)? I don't really have a clue on how to fight Falco with Robin. I'd like to see you vs Captain Rage Quit over who has the best Falco. Whoever wins I lose...

I've got one more in me FSLink! Great games!

Edit: Thanks for playing! Those were some pretty intense games. You were pretty incredible with a ton of characters, so I have no idea who you actually main.

I was really impressed with your Diddy, DK, and Duck Hunt.

Man, what a difference one move makes on DK. That Up B was wrecking me.

Anyway, great stuff man. Your bracket in the Ranbats better watch out!

FSLink

Banned
I've got one more in me FSLink! Great games!

GGs. I needed the Mega Man matchup practice. (NinjaLink is coming here apparently to our next tourney so I want to be ready)

Thanks. I consider Diddy and Ness my mains at the moment, but Ness vs Mega Man is pretty bad matchup wise IMO. I brought him out briefly and he got wrecked lol. I might have to start messing around with Lucas's PK Thunder to get through Mega Man's better projectiles or something, since against a good Mega Man it's tough to land any grabs or setup any PK Fire traps with him. I've also been putting tons of work into Duck Hunt lately since he's so much fun.

I actually don't use DK at all, I just kinda mimicked what our top DK player here does, lol. Maybe I'll keep him as another pocket character...

Kirby vs Mega Man is an interesting matchup once Kirby gets Metal Blade...might practice that a bit more. The Mega Man mirror was pretty fun too. :D

Ok, I seriously feel like I'm being trolled now. At least a third of the matches (that were free-for-alls in For Fun Smash mode) against Japanese people now have involved them not hitting each other and having all three of them team up against me. Is it that easy to team up with your friends? And it hasn't been an isolated incident, either. At least they still suck despite their bizarre form of griefing. Surely this can't just be happening to me. It gets kind of boring, though.

DaBoss

Ok, I seriously feel like I'm being trolled now. At least a third of the matches (that were free-for-alls in For Fun Smash mode) against Japanese people now have involved them not hitting each other and having all three of them team up against me. Is it that easy to team up with your friends? And it hasn't been an isolated incident, either. At least they still suck despite their bizarre form of griefing. Surely this can't just be happening to me. It gets kind of boring, though.
It's taunt parties all over again.

Boney

Banned

Great match. Pretty hard to get that ko for Ganon when you can move around so fast. I really need to get down the timing to tech down ganon's side b though it's a must or he'll eat you right up.

Bummer, I guess that's the risk of for fun.

emb

I'm about to buy this game, should I also buy an Amiibo?

Do they add anything significant gameplay-wise?
Nothing important. They're basically a CPU player that you can name. They level up and somewhat learn from playing. By max level they have stat boosts, even if you don't feed them equipment. It's fun to watch them grow. They get pretty tough.

You won't be missing out if you skip it though.

Thanks, I'm assuming you main Falco and Villager (whom you were both good with, especially falco)? I don't really have a clue on how to fight Falco with Robin. I'd like to see you vs Captain Rage Quit over who has the best Falco. Whoever wins I lose...
The only mirror matches I've ever enjoyed doing were Doc dittos in Melee, so if I ever fight beef I'll be counterpicking Falco with my Fox, just saying. :p

Oh oh, if customs are on then I'm definitely going Mario.

I just don't like playing mirror matches, you know?

Boney

Banned
Kirby with a charge shot is such a dangerous proposition lol

It's pretty insane how much beating Kirby can get and still maintain the transformation.
Plus he's so floaty I can't combo properly with fair and uair sigh, pretty scary match up!
Plus that tiny hit box >.> my down air all whiff lol
Fucking delphino lol

jorgejjvr

Haven't been here on forever, or have not played since awhile. Someone at my new job had the game and wanted to play me, said he was good, I got on last night after weeks with no practice, figured I would be a little rusty, but I still destroyed the guy xD Its a great feeling when you know you still got it :p

Anyways, just been too busy with two jobs and I've been pretty much only playing MH4

Eagerly awaiting the mewtwo dlc, miiverse stage, and online tourneys though!

Oh and my CD from club Nintendo seems like it shipped!

Boney

Banned
Haven't been here on forever, or have not played since awhile. Someone at my new job had the game and wanted to play me, said he was good, I got on last night after weeks with no practice, figured I would be a little rusty, but I still destroyed the guy xD Its a great feeling when you know you still got it :p

Anyways, just been too busy with two jobs and I've been pretty much only playing MH4

Eagerly awaiting the mewtwo dlc, miiverse stage, and online tourneys though!

Oh and my CD from club Nintendo seems like it shipped!
I've missed you and your stupid Mac brah

DaBoss

I play this way exclusively :(
Damn, that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, is it cause the TV is being used or is a TV currently inaccessible?

I usually can't play using the TV during the evening on weekdays cause the TV is usually being used by someone else.

Kirby with a charge shot is such a dangerous proposition lol

It's pretty insane how much beating Kirby can get and still maintain the transformation.
Plus he's so floaty I can't combo properly with fair and uair sigh, pretty scary match up!
Plus that tiny hit box >.> my down air all whiff lol
Fucking delphino lol

Lol, GGs man! And yeah... whether Kirby loses the power or not is totally arbitrary. So dumb.

Boney

Banned
Lol, GGs man! And yeah... whether Kirby loses the power or not is totally arbitrary. So dumb.
Yeah great games had a lot of fun, nobody here uses Kirby so his customs kept catching me off guard, both the jumping inhale and the shoryuken up b are pretty damn good. Good stuff, need to wise up against your roll ins, either I did the down smashes too fast or I kept walling in front of me.

It's pretty scary against character who have good neutral b's especially samus who lives buy her charge beam. It's even better on Kirby because it'll raze the ground and hit you on the ledge. Still, had lots of fun. Pretty even as well

Puruzi

Banned
Damn, that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, is it cause the TV is being used or is a TV currently inaccessible?

I usually can't play using the TV during the evening on weekdays cause the TV is usually being used by someone else.

I play that way because I want to, makes it easier to play and do other things at the same time, like using my computer. I have a TV to use, but I end up looking at the gamepad anyway, so I just skip using it.

I don't think it's too bad at all tbh, but different strokes I suppose.

Top Bottom