• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

FluxWaveZ

I severely underestimate the range of customs, lol.

Ha, in my recent set with Puruzi, there was a moment she was playing Ganondorf and used his standard B. I just sat in front of him like an idiot, thinking I would proceed to then go in and punish, but I was knocked off screen and killed the next moment, only to then realize it was his custom punch with that sword extension. I thought that was so useless, too...

FSLink

Banned
Yeah I have to work much harder for these Swordfighter kills lol....augh.

If only that dair spike isn't character specific and if he did more damage.

Puruzi

Banned
Ha, in my recent set with Puruzi, there was a moment she was playing Ganondorf and used his standard B. I just sat in front of him like an idiot, thinking I would proceed to then go in and punish, but I was knocked off screen and killed the next moment, only to then realize it was his custom punch with that sword extension. I thought that was so useless, too...
Hehe, love the suprise range that move has :>

das bullshit mayne

I love how Swordfighter throws all sorts of shit at me, and then I dsmash and cape for a stock.

Also damn that dorf didn't survive.

Good games so far Drop! I've got time for one more, a friend of mine is asking to play! :)

Edit: good stuff! I felt like you seemed most comfortable with Robin and Mario, and it showed. You were making some really solid combos, especially at the end with Robin! Thanks for playing!

Drop

Don't worry about it, you're doing fine!

Oh man, I wasn't doing fine at all xD

Anyway, even though I played terrible and you are still clearly the best player, allow me to say I was having some pretty terrible issues with input lag, all my commands were executed much later than normal, I know it sounds like a terrible excuse, but I started to clearly notice afret we both switched characters, during the matches against megaman it didn't really matter cause I was always getting overwhelmed.
I couldn't really react to anything.
The issue is probably partially due to the crappy gc controller adapter that I have to plug in the wii remote.
I'm absolutely not saying the results would have changed, I just wouldn't have been crushed this bad xD

I had fun anyway, and sorry for the rant but I'll admit I always get a bit salty when there's anything preventing me from playing 100%

Oh man, I wasn't doing fine at all xD

Anyway, even though I played terrible and you are still clearly the best player, allow me to say I was having some pretty terrible issues with input lag, all my commands were executed much later than normal, I know it sounds like a terrible excuse, but I started to clearly notice afret we both switched characters, during the matches against megaman it didn't really matter cause I was always getting overwhelmed.
I couldn't really react to anything.
The issue is probably partially due to the crappy gc controller adapter that I have to plug in the wii remote.
I'm absolutely not saying the results would have changed, I just wouldn't have been crushed this bad xD

I had fun anyway, and sorry for the rant but I'll admit I always get a bit salty when there's anything preventing me from playing 100%
Are you wired?

Because I can spot dodge Tipster's projectiles pretty well when playing him.

Drop

No offense taken, I hear you man. There was a bit of lag too, so that was probably only making your other issues worse.

I feel bad about that post now, I didn't even say gg, thanks a lot for the games and for understanding.
The content of that post was really pointless and immature from me, complaining is no use, and everyone experience input lag online, I just have to accept it and get used to it.

I'll make up for it the next time we play :)

Are you wired?

Because I can spot dodge Tipster's projectiles pretty well when playing him.

I'm not wired, my gc controller connects to the wii remote, which is wireless.
But as I said, being more honest I'm probably just not used to the normal delay from online play.

I feel bad about that post now, I didn't even say gg, thanks a lot for the games and for understanding.
The content of that post was really pointless and immature from me, complaining is no use, and everyone experience input lag online, I just have to accept it and get used to it.

I'll make up for it the next time we play :)

I'm not wired, my gc controller connects to the wii remote, which is wireless.
But as I said, being more honest I'm probably just not used to the normal delay from online play.
Is your Wii U wired to your router?

The Wireless GC controller adds lag, but an unwired Wii U will cause even more. Plus, your TV causes lag.

Drop

Is your Wii U wired to your router?

The Wireless GC controller adds lag, but an unwired Wii U will cause even more. Plus, your TV causes lag.

Oh that's what you meant, my wiiU is not wired either, so I guess I have a bunch of lag sources adding up, not much I can do about any of it right now other than adapt.

Masked Man

I said wow
Japanese Tier List by Rain and Nietono, two pro Brawl/Smash 4 players.

Pretty interesting.

My FG matches are pretty much only with Japanese players, and this list makes a lot of sense in that context, especially because I see the Top 10 (and Mario) more than any other characters.

also lol Black Pit/Dark Pit as "Brad Pit"

That's the running gag in the JP version of Kid Icarus: Uprising. In Japan, Dark Pit's name is "Black Pit" (Burakku Pitto)--affectionately abbreviated to "Burapi" in-game, which is also the nickname most commonly used by Japanese people to refer to Brad Pitt (Buraddo Pitto -> Burapi). So throughout the game, Pit and Palutena refer to him as "Burapi," and he is perpetually irked by it.

I need to take a break, so GG.

Sheik is so blatantly a strong character but it's still scary to play against Bowser, Ganondork, and Dedede as her. Not at all a problem with Falco or sometimes Greninja.

Falco and Link are way too low on that tier list. But yet again, as with every character dropped into bottom tier, nobody plays them. And Shulk in the same tier as Game and Watch, below Little Mac. No idea what that's about.

Alright, one more Namikaze. Great games.

Edit: Great stuff, Nami. Your Yoshi is a beast, especially the last few games there! Anyway, thanks for the games. Best of luck in the ranbats!

Fun games, Tipster. Your Mega Man is still the best. Others abuse the pellets while you abuse your special projectiles. That first win on mine was ridiculous; were you surprised? XD. I've managed to figure out how to stop some of your tactics, and your habits. But easier said than done. Does Mega Man not have any good customs? Surely there must be something better than leaf shield. 2 wins this time for me, new record. Hope to play again.

Fun games, Tipster. Your Mega Man is still the best. Others abuse the pellets while you abuse your special projectiles. That first win on mine was ridiculous; were you surprised? XD. I've managed to figure out how to stop some of your tactics, and your habits. But easier said than done. Does Mega Man not have any good customs? Surely there must be something better than leaf shield. 2 wins this time for me, new record. Hope to play again.

Skull Barrier is my favorite Mega Man custom. Leaf Shield is almost worthless and having a reflector in Mega Man's already-great arsenal is enormously empowering.

It gives Mega Man so many more options and makes it so much harder for my friends to beat me (when I already win the majority of our matches) that it singlehandedly caused them to not ever want to play with customs anymore. Wimps. :p

I don't like any of his other customs as much as his defaults, but I did watch an insane Hyper Bomb tech video a few days ago. It's a lot more useful than I originally thought! Danger Wrap seems great too, though very situational and not as pressure-friendly as Metal Blades.

Definitely fun games. Always crazy intense when you get in my face with Yoshi, especially the few times you had me pinned on the edge. It's like a non-stop onslaught of shoes, haha.

And thanks for the compliment.

To be honest, most of the games are bleeding together in my mind, so I can't really remember how you got me on the first one. Was it the double down b? That caught me off guard a bunch. And you dunked me a couple of times as well, so that could be it too, haha. You'll have to remind me!

I like Mega's customs, but as you say, since I use Metal Blade and Crash as opposed to his buster, I like the regular set best. Leaf shield is kind of situational, I thought about using Skull Barrier to reflect the eggs, but Yoshi's too fast and the trajectories to erratic to make it worth while. I thought it best to just dodge.

But yeah, super fun. We'll definitely play again!

Soulflarz

Banned
Flux just beat me and has probably has no clue why i just stood on the other half of the field blocking the entire fight >.> (in random for glory)

Definitely fun games. Always crazy intense when you get in my face with Yoshi, especially the few times you had me pinned on the edge. It's like a non-stop onslaught of shoes, haha.

And thanks for the compliment.

To be honest, most of the games are bleeding together in my mind, so I can't really remember how you got me on the first one. Was it the double down b? That caught me off guard a bunch. And you dunked me a couple of times as well, so that could be it too, haha. You'll have to remind me!

I like Mega's customs, but as you say, since I use Metal Blade and Crash as opposed to his buster, I like the regular set best. Leaf shield is kind of situational, I thought about using Skull Barrier to reflect the eggs, but Yoshi's too fast and the trajectories to erratic to make it worth while. I thought it best to just dodge.

But yeah, super fun. We'll definitely play again!

The first win was you jumping into my down b and it got you in the air. Some of those matches has lots of down bs :)

I understand. I also prefer regular Yoshi. The bomb eggs can get past things like Luma, but they are slow, short ranged, harder to control, and don't give me as much recovery. The heavy down b is great if I can get a read as it kills extremely early. But it is also really slow.

Do you have any advice for me against your projectiles? I have the same problems against Samus. I either stay and spam eggs, which doesn't work against you, or I go it an get hit. I started catching your blade towards the end, but then if I hold it, all I can do is use eggs, essentially.

Soulflarz

Banned
*intentionally throws games without attacking at all*
*flux hits ready up immediately after both games*
CONFIRMED FOR STAT PADDING >.>

Top Bottom