• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

The first win was you jumping into my down b and it got you in the air. Some of those matches has lots of down bs :)

I understand. I also prefer regular Yoshi. The bomb eggs can get past things like Luma, but they are slow, short ranged, harder to control, and don't give me as much recovery. The heavy down b is great if I can get a read as it kills extremely early. But it is also really slow.

Do you have any advice for me against your projectiles? I have the same problems against Samus. I either stay and spam eggs, which doesn't work against you, or I go it an get hit. I started catching your blade towards the end, but then if I hold it, all I can do is use eggs, essentially.

Oh right! Only one of those, yeah it caught me at the height of it. I wasn't happy haha.

Since I don't really play Yoshi it's hard for me to say what your options are. I will say that against some characters, holding on to my Metal Blade is a real pain for me, but with others I rather prefer it. Yoshi is the later, since it stops the wicked fast jabs and high priority, low lag air attacks, which I think are his strengths.

I imagine playing the egg game is a solid option since they do out prioritize my projectiles, can curve around them, and can move you out of the path of mine.

That said your opting to be patient and short hop, and spot dodge them seemed pretty effective. I was having a tough time keeping you out and making oportunities in the later games.

I don't go there but maybe smash boards has some matchup info?

FluxWaveZ

Do people here usually go with the C-stick for smash attacks, or do many people use it for tilts? I'm used to going with smash attacks, but I'm going to think about whether or not assigning the C-stick to tilts would actually be better for me.

Done, but I don't get the point of the current event section.

It's for measurement purposes. I'm hoping that the current event section will provide insight on how communities can affect the travel of certain information, and even tastes. For example: maybe users on reddit are more likely to know about who won tournaments, but are unaware of who wasn't included in the Gematsu leak.

FSLink

Banned
Do people here usually go with the C-stick for smash attacks, or do many people use it for tilts? I'm used to going with smash attacks, but I'm going to think about whether or not assigning the C-stick to tilts would actually be better for me.
I use Smash but if I actually mained someone who would get more use out of perfect pivoting I'd consider it.

Oh right! Only one of those, yeah it caught me at the height of it. I wasn't happy haha.

Since I don't really play Yoshi it's hard for me to say what your options are. I will say that against some characters, holding on to my Metal Blade is a real pain for me, but with others I rather prefer it. Yoshi is the later, since it stops the wicked fast jabs and high priority, low lag air attacks, which I think are his strengths.

I imagine playing the egg game is a solid option since they do out prioritize my projectiles, can curve around them, and can move you out of the path of mine.

That said your opting to be patient and short hop, and spot dodge them seemed pretty effective. I was having a tough time keeping you out and making oportunities in the later games.

I don't go there but maybe smash boards has some matchup info?

Yeah, those aerials and jabs are good, most of the time. I couldn't really get you with my uair, which I am used to doing. You grabbed me right out of my 2 jabs. Maybe I should practice canceling after 1. A Yoshi I fought would use 1 and then down B.

I am pretty bad with my eggs. 1 will go towards you and the next will be straight up xD I gotta work on those inputs.

A lot of the time I thought the short hops and dodging wasn't working. It seemed like you were moving in on me, and eventually got a grab. But I guess I just have to somehow dodge your grabs more. And I have to shield grab...

I don't go to Smash boards, but I should. I guess I will check out the Yoshi section once my computer is fixed. I didn't look for long last time.

Thanks for the advice and games.

It's for measurement purposes. I'm hoping that the current event section will provide insight on how communities can affect the travel of certain information, and even tastes. For example: maybe users on reddit are more likely to know about who won tournaments, but are unaware of who wasn't included in the Gematsu leak.
This does not work, because a lot of people post on various forums.

FluxWaveZ

I use Smash but if I actually mained someone who would get more use out of perfect pivoting I'd consider it.

I might make it on a per character basis. I'll use tilts for WFT and Villager, and Smashes for characters like Sonic and Rosalina. I guess the more a character relies on tilts, the more I'll lean towards using the C-stick for them.

And bracket 1 is going to be a blood bath. The other brackets might be now, too, given how people of similar skill levels are gathered within the same ones.

FSLink

Banned
I'm planning to get a wired adaptor soon and seeing your Hawaii and we had a bit of issues last time we played I'd rather make sure connection is as fine as can be
Sounds good to me man. It wasn't too bad for most of them, but yeah I had a hard time adjusting at first. Let me know.

Boney

Banned
Sounds good to me man. It wasn't too bad for most of them, but yeah I had a hard time adjusting at first. Let me know.
Hopefully I'll be getting one this week. Also truthfully I'm a bit tired cause I hanged out today and I'm not in my best form :p

Boney

Banned
Yeah, almost had me. I was sweating haha
Fufufu we were going on time out aahh, you managed to just hit me with a idk what i was firing a charge shot when I had that momentum in the second stock.

Damn I hope you're not rusty still!

Those full hops dodges into aerials are killing me, I get so impatient

Fufufu we were going on time out aahh, you managed to just hit me with a idk what i was firing a charge shot when I had that momentum in the second stock.

Damn I hope you're not rusty still!

It was a lucky up smash for sure! And no I'm feeling back to form after the amount I've played the last few days!

Boney

Banned
Phew sorry about the sudden death, kinda accepted it as a loss cause you were in the percent lead, i think. Was gonna kill myself and went ehhh let's just play it.

Five minutes of pure stress is hell with you lol.

GGs Namikaze. If you make me into an egg with Yoshi, what should I do to escape the down B kill? I imagine that isn't a sure thing. Also, that down B custom that lets out stars is ridonkulus. That move is already way too safe!

Anyone need a self esteem boost?

NNID: Space-Oceans
Add Karsticles and we will play at a later date.

FSLink

Banned

Eh, against mediocre ones, you could just hold jab to punish spin dash spam or punish awful dair placements at least, lol.

GGs! Really impressed with you play, especially the Diddy. It just sucks that we're on the opposite sites of the US. :p

Thanks, you're really good too. Wasn't too laggy for me at least, hopefully wasn't too bad for you either. I wasn't sure how to approach the Sonic matchup with Diddy Kong since he can nullify the bananas pretty easy. Ness did better and at least he has the bthrow to ensure a kill....

That one match where I PK Thunder 2'd you to the other side of the screen and somehow did PK Thunder 1 -> bat smash was ridiculous....was a complete accident. I MEAN JUST AS PLANNED.
GGs Namikaze. If you make me into an egg with Yoshi, what should I do to escape the down B kill?
How do you usually escape eggs? IIRC, most efficient way is spinning control stick.

Boney

Banned
Haha, it was a good one too!
You losing that first stock was so silly lol. But damn those air dodges, I know what I should be doing but I still get myself danced around. You're pretty good man, I haven't been so pressured and no charge shot time ever, and most of my game is based on that so kudos!

Eh, against mediocre ones, you could just hold jab to punish spin dash spam or punish awful dair placements at least, lol.

Thanks, you're really good too. Wasn't too laggy for me at least, hopefully wasn't too bad for you either. I wasn't sure how to approach the Sonic matchup with Diddy Kong since he can nullify the bananas pretty easy. Ness did better and at least he has the bthrow to ensure a kill....

How do you usually escape eggs? IIRC, most efficient way is spinning control stick.
Idk how to escape eggs, that is why I asked. :p

GGs Namikaze. If you make me into an egg with Yoshi, what should I do to escape the down B kill? I imagine that isn't a sure thing. Also, that down B custom that lets out stars is ridonkulus. That move is already way too safe!

Add Karsticles and we will play at a later date.

Good games. I see you noticed I am terrible at teching the choke. You also liked your little suicide game... my edge trumping needs some worK.

The down b definitely isn't guaranteed. Besides it being nending to be timed correctly, you can prevent it. Did you try air dodging when you got out of the egg? I thought some other people used that. You can purposely try and stay in the egg to mess up my timing. You might also be able to jump right when you get out. I don't fully know because I don't get egged myself, and I don't use the move A ton.

You losing that first stock was so silly lol. But damn those air dodges, I know what I should be doing but I still get myself danced around. You're pretty good man, I haven't been so pressured and no charge shot time ever, and most of my game is based on that so kudos!

That's good to hear since that's my goal, haha. Your having a charge shot forces me to shift my play, and it makes it tough haha.

You had a great win last game though, nice job!

That one match where I PK Thunder 2'd you to the other side of the screen and somehow did PK Thunder 1 -> bat smash was ridiculous....was a complete accident. I MEAN AS PLANNED.
That's probably the only thing I like about the matchup, along that my dash can grab bananas as well. I still hate the matchup, though. ( ̄ー ̄)

I had to save the replay after you caught me with all of that, I was still surprised myself, haha.

FSLink

Banned
That's probably the only thing I like about the matchup, along that my dash can grab bananas as well. I still hate the matchup, though. ( ̄ー ̄)

I had to save the replay after you caught me with all of that, I was still surprised myself, haha.

Do you use any of Sonic's customs? Hammer Spin Dash is dumb and I've heard of Stomp being a decent neutral B.

I think the only downside is that you can't Spinshot or whatever with HSD.

Top Bottom