• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Jesus Christ man I was scared shitless at you coming for me like that on that last stock bwahaha

See, "scared shitless" summarizes how I feel the entire time I'm on Tipster's Metal Blade Ride of Death.

Can I approach? Nope have a projectile to force you to doing another action.

Can I hit you? Sorry too busy shooting you with lemons and/or grabbing you.

Can I please get back on stage? NOPE HERE'S A SWORD/MY ELECTRIC BALLS.

also mega man for a robot you sure get back on stage a lot wtf

Granted I'm sure a lot of it is letting him get away with way too much but damn it still bothers me.

Tipster (and Cyberman for other reasons) made me pick up Fox to simplify my life and keep it stress-free.

FSLink

Banned
See, "scared shitless" summarizes how I feel the entire time I'm on Tipster's Metal Blade Ride of Death.

Can I approach? Nope have a projectile to force you to doing another action.

Can I hit you? Sorry too busy shooting you with lemons and/or grabbing you.

Can I please get back on stage? NOPE HERE'S A SWORD/MY ELECTRIC BALLS.

also mega man for a robot you sure get back on stage a lot wtf

Tipster (and Cyberman for other reasons) made me pick up Fox to simplify my life and keep it stress-free.

Remember when people thought Mega Man was bottom tier? lol

Good games. I see you noticed I am terrible at teching the choke. You also liked your little suicide game... my edge trumping needs some worK.

The down b definitely isn't guaranteed. Besides it being nending to be timed correctly, you can prevent it. Did you try air dodging when you got out of the egg? I thought some other people used that. You can purposely try and stay in the egg to mess up my timing. You might also be able to jump right when you get out. I don't fully know because I don't get egged myself, and I don't use the move A ton.
I am also bad at teching the choke. :p

I didnt try air dodging. I used to main Bowser, and he doesn't get egged often. I was just lost. :(

There aren't many chances to grab Yoshi. I felt like you didn't play very "tricky". Most Yoshi players mess with my head by floating around and teasing when they will approach, but you were more straight forward. I think that made it easier to punish your approaches sometimes.

I need to go into the air more with Dorf. I am too grounded.

I am also bad at teching the choke. :p

I didnt try air dodging. I used to main Bowser, and he doesn't get egged often. I was just lost. :(

There aren't many chances to grab Yoshi. I felt like you didn't play very "tricky". Most Yoshi players mess with my head by floating around and teasing when they will approach, but you were more straight forward. I think that made it easier to punish your approaches sometimes.

I need to go into the air more with Dorf. I am too grounded.

Haha, so more egging next time.

I didn't feel too safe camping because your custom down b could get to me at any moment. If I was prepared for it, it is an easy punish, but a little too late and you're whipping out your super fast and long range tilts. Those things are ridiculous against Yoshi.

How do you suggest these "tricky" moves? The best Yoshi I fought was all fairs and eggs, and combos if they got me. But your moves have a large range and it is hard to keep doing fairs and backing off.

I am also terrible against default Ganondorf. Projectile players, Sonic, and Ganondorf might be my least favourite match ups. I also hate Captain Falcon, but that is because everyone on For Glory uses him.

Do you use any of Sonic's customs? Hammer Spin Dash is dumb and I've heard of Stomp being a decent neutral B.

I think the only downside is that you can't Spinshot or whatever with HSD.
Oh, nope. I haven't really messed with them. I have them all unlocked on my 3DS, though. When playing Flux earlier, he was using HSD. I didn't even know it was that good since I could see so many possibilities with it.

I'm still fine with Sonic without any customs.

Boney

Banned
These matches must be averaging 4:30 minutes each. Daaaaaamn nice game, and nice comeback there at the end, couldn't get the % lead though

FD stages with curved the best stage so far, yeah the blast zones are ridiculous but I get breathing room

FSLink

Banned
Oh, nope. I haven't really messed with them. I have them all unlocked on my 3DS, though. When playing Flux earlier, he was using HSD. I didn't even know it was that good since I could see so many possibilities with it.

I'm still fine with Sonic without any customs.

Yeah, just the threat of being able to safely confirm into usmash with HSD puts him from a solid A+ character to an S character in my eyes. It also helps him in the Rosalina matchup I feel since the arc goes straight over Luma.

I don't think any of his other customs are that good. Auto Spin Dash is nice if you don't like to mash and you can hold down the button but you can't fake Spin Dashing anymore. Burning Spin Dash is nice too but is super unsafe on block.

When does Spring end for Nintendo?

Haha, so more egging next time.

I didn't feel too safe camping because your custom down b could get to me at any moment. If I was prepared for it, it is an easy punish, but a little too late and you're whipping out your super fast and long range tilts. Those things are ridiculous against Yoshi.

How do you suggest these "tricky" moves? The best Yoshi I fought was all fairs and eggs, and combos if they got me. But your moves have a large range and it is hard to keep doing fairs and backing off.

I am also terrible against default Ganondorf. Projectile players, Sonic, and Ganondorf might be my least favourite match ups. I also hate Captain Falcon, but that is because everyone on For Glory uses him.
I am not a Yoshi player, but what has worked against me in the past is stuff like:
1) Jump in.
2) Dont attack.
3) Weave out of my attack range.
4) Bait the ftilt.
5) Counterhit.

Little mind games like that make me question my game plan. Every time you jumped, you either went back and threw eggs, or went forward and tried to hit me with an aerial. So I always knew what I should be doing based on your movement.

Everyone hates Sonic. As bad as his fan base. :p

Boney

Banned
Wait I forgot about the ledge trump thingy, maybe I can recover from that two stock (I'll never recover from that 2 stock)

Sorry messed up :p

When does Spring end for Nintendo?

I am not a Yoshi player, but what has worked against me in the past is stuff like:
1) Jump in.
2) Dont attack.
3) Weave out of my attack range.
4) Bait the ftilt.
5) Counterhit.

Little mind games like that make me question my game plan. Every time you jumped, you either went back and threw eggs, or went forward and tried to hit me with an aerial. So I always knew what I should be doing based on your movement.

Everyone hates Sonic. As bad as his fan base. :p

I see what you mean, but that seems difficult. What am I supposed to counter hit with after your ftilt? You are able to get another one out pretty fast. The only thing of mine that has more range is fsmash, I believe, and I really need a specific distance for that.

I see what you mean, but that seems difficult. What am I supposed to counter hit with after your ftilt? You are able to get another one out pretty fast. The only thing of mine that has more range is fsmash, I believe, and I really need a specific distance for that.
You might be able to weave back in and fair, or land and go for a dash grab/attack.

Ftilt does recover fast, but you can hit the leg while it is out.

Laughlin

Are there any tips to just tilting in general? I've never used it in any smash game before this since I've never played very seriously, so I'm just so accustomed to using smash attacks every time. Just breaking that muscle memory I suppose.

FSLink

Banned
Are there any tips to just tilting in general? I've never used it in any smash game before this since I've never played very seriously, so I'm just so accustomed to using smash attacks every time. Just breaking that muscle memory I suppose.

Turn off tap jump in controls to make it more consistent for utilts.

Other than that, just practice. Just slightly delay your inputs, direction, then A button. If you're pressing them too close together it'll likely register as a smash attack.

Boney

Banned
That was a sick spike. Well, both of them.
Didn't realize I lost my first jump when I left the stage lol, gave up a huge percent lead there.

Also that screw attack I got after both of us recoiling of rush was hilarious
These games are so intense I'm having a blast, but you definately need to get pellets into the mix up

Jesus, 3% lead there at the last second lol

Totally saving that halberd win lol
Oh fuck no I pressed start >.>

Town and city is not a good pick apparently

Alright man, it's late as hell let's do one last game.

Yeah man, crazy intense. Great games. There's nothing more infuriating than feeling like you dodged or shielded one of those charged shots but get smashed in the face with it instead.

You learned the match up really well, and it started taking a lot out of me at the end there, haha.

Anyway, great games man. Thanks for playing!

Boney

Banned
Phew man I'm beat. We played for how many hours? Time really flew by thankfully no school tomorrow so I can sleep a little though.

These matches went pretty crazy, we were pretty even and I guess I could do that when I stopped trying to chase you and started you chasing me, both mega mans aerials have a bit of landing lag so I was able to punish them most of the time on shield and my like a 30% charge beam ate through your metal blades giving me enough time to charge some more if it connected, those damn metal blades really are relentless they're a Great Wall, but you need to start using lemons, if you did, you'd shut down all my options.

Still, fantastic games, had a blast. We were pretty even for the last half of the matches were the game was anybody's. So many time outs as well.

Yeah man, crazy intense. Great games. There's nothing more infuriating than feeling like you dodged or shielded one of those charged shots but get smashed in the face with it instead.

You learned the match up really well, and it started taking a lot out of me at the end there, haha.

Anyway, great games man. Thanks for playing!
Punishing landings with them is such a good punish, sadly I barely could use missiles to mix it up in neutral due to your projectiles, those help a lot in putting the enemy in awkward positions. I still had to go default because I needed that extra recovery and the relentless missiles didn't give me the long range pressure I needed.

Is one of megaman's down b a reflector? Wonder how that would've changed the match up.
Mini-rant: I hate how fast Samus' pummel is. I realize her suit allows for great mobility, but she pounds with ridiculous speed! :mad:
You gotta give her something man. Plus not all hits do damage >.>

Is one of megaman's down b a reflector? Wonder how that would've changed the match up.

Yeah, the Skull Barrier. This is actually the exact match up I was planning on using it, but I got so into it that I forgot all about it. Even after Leaf Shield failed to stop a Charge Shot.

Haha, maybe next time. --;

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Paging bracket 5. Anyone up for a quick game? I'd prefer if you host so I don't screw things up with setting etc.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
We done? I git reeeeeekt

GG! I have lots to learn

Puruzi

Banned
Remember when people thought Mega Man was bottom tier? lol
I shat all over Megaman back in the demo days. Watched this dude Styles play him, then I started playing as him. Boy was I wrong about Megaman being bad. I'm nowhere near as good as Tipster, but I think I'm alright with him. Glad I was wrong about Mega.

Blackmage, why do you never, ever, under any circumstance, use Megaman's regular buster shots?

You gotta give her something man. Plus not all hits do damage >.>
All hits do damage, but same attacks do a fraction of a % in damage. We just don't see the fraction. We see the effect when it comes to a whole number.

I really have big issues with short hop and fast fall, especially with fast characters like Greninja. Are there some special tricks to do it precisely ?

And is someone available for a 1v1 ?

emb

I really have big issues with short hop and fast fall, especially with fast characters like Greninja. Are there some special tricks to do it precisely ?

I don't think there are any special tricks really. It just takes practice!

For short hop, can kinda try sliding your thumb over the edge of the button. You just have to hold the button down for less time. Think of it like trying to touch a hot stove and not get burned.

For fast fall, you need to reach the height of your jump before doing it. It's really annoying if you go too early (I do it all the time -_-). Greninja iirc has a high shorthop, so you may need to wait a tiny bit for him to reach his apex.

Boney

Banned
Blackmage, why do you never, ever, under any circumstance, use Megaman's regular buster shots?

All hits do damage, but same attacks do a fraction of a % in damage. We just don't see the fraction. We see the effect when it comes to a whole number.
I guess it's just a habit he hasn't got down. Whenever he did in our match, he'd accidentally do them close range and ended up eating a tilt to the face, because he didn't jump cancel the third shot.

And yeah it's a fraction of a percent, I know, but it's the same, pummel doesn't hit as hard as one might think, although you can rack up some nice % still.

You gotta very quickly tap the button, kinda like doing short jumps on a Mario game. It's just practice, and it's a lenient window, just tap fast and never hold the button pressed.

Fast falls is different for every character and Greninja Is a tricky one because he jumps very high, but as emb said you can only do it once you're falling

Yeah I know, in training, I can do this most of the time but it's harder during a match, I usually press harder my buttons while i'm concentrated

Top Bottom