• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs Puruzi. It was neat seeing all of those customs.

As an aside, you probably noticed I rarely chose Battlefield. I think Smash 4's Battlefield's edges are wonky. Not telling anyone not to choose it, but explaining why I rarely choose Battlefield. Things like this happened way too many times lol: https://vine.co/v/O0hXBDw77UY

the fuck was that Melee Battlefield bullshit I just saw

Does this only affect Battlefield, or its Omega form/Big Battlefield too? Right side only, or left side too?

Puruzi

Banned
GGs Puruzi. It was neat seeing all of those customs.

As an aside, you probably noticed I rarely chose Battlefield. I think Smash 4's Battlefield's edges are wonky. Not telling anyone not to choose it, but explaining why I rarely choose Battlefield. Things like this happened way too many times lol: https://vine.co/v/O0hXBDw77UY

Yea lol. I forgot my sister wasn't gonna come home the time she usually does, so I was able to use the TV for a lot longer lol.

What is that lmao

Custom Samus is rad as fuck, Boney made the right choice in mains

DaBoss

That is a cool Samus video.
Does this only affect Battlefield, or its Omega form/Big Battlefield too? Right side only, or left side too?
Not sure about Big Battlefield, but Battlefield and it's Omega form have this issue. I imagine Big Battlefield would be the same. I want to say it is both sides, but I only recall weird stuff happening on the right side.

They missed out by not giving her some beam variant for her charge beam. Like ice or wave or spazer... Could have give her a speed run boots custom or way to shine spark some how. So many missed opportunities..

Actually, Samus gameplay as a whole is a missed opportunity IMO. She feels totally different from a Metroid game unlike Megaman for example.

Boney

Banned
God damn at those duck hunt customs. He's a ducking wall! Especially in that duck hunt stage

What is that lmao

God damn at those duck hunt customs. He's a ducking wall! Especially in that duck hunt stage

Custom Samus is rad as fuck, Boney made the right choice in mains

Custom Samus is so cool.
Saw this earlier, that ledge trump trick is great but some of the other things are ehh. Still torn on the screw attack but I'd rather have the charge shot's speed.

You allow me to use many lemons
Just not used to the match up at all. Haven't payed much megaman's.

FSLink

Banned
11025131_10153117153123827_2760395502303212033_n.jpg

This Hawaii tournament this month should be hype. We have a really good DK here as well, so I'm hoping it'll be a DK Grand Finals for ultimate salt.

Boney

Banned
Another time out lol. You had a pretty big % lead though. Pk fire's canceling charge shots is so bs lol.

And I ate a full charged fsmash to the face lol

Duck hunt match up is pretty unfavorable for samus, everything absorbs the charge shot
And god damn those big gunmen are so good, the timing keeps throwing me off

Wish you'd stay with one character for a bit more can't figure out the stuff because you keep alternating lol, but great games so far, it's so easy to get impatient and start racking damage

Still experimenting with custom Wario but I like all his bike and waft customs. Bite default is by far the best, idk about up b but I like default best so far.

Rose waft makes life against Sheik and Pikachu a hell of a lot easier honestly. That huge range and damage is so appreciated against those matchups. :x Quick Waft is awesome for edge guarding or emergency recoveries (if you're using ground bike/widescrew) since it maxes at 30 and kills early enough off stage. Speed Bike is sooo good for punishing and follow ups (since Wario jumps so far lol) but the low health means you can't just throw it out to beat stuff.

I ran out of custom sets
If you want, we could call it a day.
Still experimenting with custom Wario but I like all his bike and waft customs. Bite default is by far the best, idk about up b but I like default best so far.

Rose waft makes life against Sheik and Pikachu a hell of a lot easier honestly. That huge range and damage is so appreciated against those matchups. :x Quick Waft is awesome for edge guarding or emergency recoveries (if you're using ground bike/widescrew) since it maxes at 30 and kills early enough off stage. Speed Bike is sooo good for punishing and follow ups (since Wario jumps so far lol) but the low health means you can't just throw it out to beat stuff.

I guess I better get to experimenting, he's a lot of fun in that quirky way only Wario is.

What do you recommend are good sets? I'm currently using the ones from the Custom Moveset Project.

Boney

Banned
Also 6 minutes is pretty short if we're gonna do 3 stocks and we both use camper characters lol

Damn that comeback I made on smashville was pretty insane heh

If you want, we could call it a day.

I guess I better get to experimenting, he's a lot of fun in that quirky way only Wario is.

What do you recommend are good sets? I'm currently using the ones from the Custom Moveset Project.
Yeah the sets in that thread aren't exactly well thought out since that was before the EVO announcement and before we started actually experimenting with customs on the character more. The Wario skype group has been seriously going back and forth with his customs tho because they're pretty much based on preferences LOL.

I honestly like default bite, speedy bike, default corkscrew and rose waft for most of the top tiers. (Pikachu, Sheik, Diddy, ZSS, etc) Everything else is really just preference imo, which kinda makes it difficult to come up with appropriate sets for the project to cater to everyone.

That was my last, had fun with these custom moves, I rarely use them so I don't know of to play well with them

And lol Wario, I need to see him at the EVO :p

GGs Blackquill, I had fun learning more customs with you! Who's your main? :O That last match was me being way too risky for style points, so pardon me!

@Spinosaurus: I see what you mean, considering the Falco boards only recently came to the conclusion that our side-B customs are garbage and I need to ask them about the blasters again. >.>;;;; I'll keep your suggestion in mind, and see what I come up with.

GGs Blackquill, I had fun learning more customs with you! Who's your main? :O That last match was me being way too risky for style points, so pardon me!

That's not a problem, I didn't play too well at the end :v

I play most of the time Ike and I also play Jigglypuff, Falcon, Marth / Lucina, Greninja and Shulk a lot. But I plan to find another character to play since Ike has too many flaws :/ And you ?

Well, Skyloft screwed me. :/

That's not a problem, I didn't play too well at the end :v

I play most of the time Ike and I also play Jigglypuff, Falcon, Marth / Lucina, Greninja and Shulk a lot. But I plan to find another character to play since Ike has too many flaws :/ And you ?

No worries on how you play, just gotta keep at it!

I have a Falco above all else, and I've been experimenting with Fox, MK, Mario and Doc. :)

Boney

Banned
Last game Boney
Alright man cool games. You're a pretty good zoner, but sadly that's all you have. You need to learn to get close and personal when you need to to rack up damage and learn how to escape from strings when I'm on to you.
Duck hunt was my biggest problem by far, both those custom moves are great and I couldn't get in, I guess I needed som short hop air dodges to get closer but between the gunmen, the barrel and the clay pigeon it was pretty hard for me. I think with a few more games I might've gotten around it, but you kept cycling the characters it was hard for me to adapt to duck hunt after I figured out Megaman. You got some very nice reflected bats with ness, I died like at 40% on one lol was nuts.

Still as I said, you got something really good there with your zoning through projectiles, but you need to work on the other fundamentals of the game, I'd recommend picking some non projectile characters for a bit so you could get a hang off some strategies, and not little Mac because he also teaches bad habits and doesn't let you learn recovery.

Still had fun, I even got a little pissed off at times lol but I'd laugh it off whenever a silly thing happened.

Top Bottom