• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

JoeInky

Ganondorf vs ganondorf is like the only matchup I find fun, everything else just feels like going through the motions but this, this is actually great.

Kinda late to this WiiU thing.

2 questions.

One when playing with the Pro controller I can't get just the game on my gamepad screen, instead it shows the %s yet when I play with the gamepad the entire game is on it. Is there anyway to make it so the gamepad screen shows the action, while I use a Pro controller?
(I don't always have access to the TV)

Two, sometimes I am playing with the game pad, is there anyway to change the buttons that equal quit when paused? Hitting L+R+A+ + is kind of a nightmare with the thing.

Also my NNID is Leafhopper. I hope to play with Gaf eventually (not sure how well it would work at my parents house.

I just ran into 2 cheaters online in for glory

it was in 4 player match but it was only 3 playing

One player would fight while the other person would stand on the side, they wouldnt fight each other, if I go after the other they one would attack me from behind, we went in sudden death and when I got knocked out the other person just killed themselve to help the other smh

Oh man, teaming up with randoms online is the best. Only when it's like one other person, though. Three on one seems too scummy for me. Actually didn't know that kind of thing happened in For Glory as I spend most of my time in For Fun. Does that effect win/loss ratios? Is that why they're "cheaters"?

Those were some really great matches JoeInky!

Your ganondorf offstage play was so much better than mine. I need to learn some of those moves.

I also really enjoyed the killager matches. Some really funny stuff happened. Might start playing him more.

Fandangox

hey my frnd took these

ZMIM9df.jpg

vsuMsGH.jpg

TPjuFc5.jpg

8T9LS1c.jpg

JoeInky

Ggs superbowser, was starting to get a bit sick of it towards the end though, can't play smash 4 for really long periods of time because it just feels like you(as in me, not you specifically) end up doing the same shit over and over.

Ggs superbowser, was starting to get a bit sick of it towards the end though, can't play smash 4 for really long periods of time because it just feels like you end up doing the same shit over and over.

yeah, i think that was the longest smash session i played of this version. i ran out of characters i could play haha.

Kinda late to this WiiU thing.

2 questions.

One when playing with the Pro controller I can't get just the game on my gamepad screen, instead it shows the %s yet when I play with the gamepad the entire game is on it. Is there anyway to make it so the gamepad screen shows the action, while I use a Pro controller?
(I don't always have access to the TV)

Two, sometimes I am playing with the game pad, is there anyway to change the buttons that equal quit when paused? Hitting L+R+A+ + is kind of a nightmare with the thing.

Also my NNID is Leafhopper. I hope to play with Gaf eventually (not sure how well it would work at my parents house.

1) Just touch the screen on the gamepad, it will switch screen.
2) not possible, sorry.

Sure, but I'm not that good.
No worries! I'll mess with some characters I don't use often. My NNID is my username if you want to add me.

If you need one more for FFA I'm game
That'd be great! Are we already friends? I can make the room soon, if everyone just wants to friend me.

For anyone else, let us know if you want to join. We need one more people to get FFA or 2v2 going!

-Deimos

No worries! I'll mess with some characters I don't use often. My NNID is my username if you want to add me.

For anyone else, let us know if you want to join. We need two more people to get FFA or 2v2 going!
Request sent but I'm only gonna play a couple matches before I take a small break.

Got the game for christmas and while I'm enjoying it, I have some problems with the controls (it is my first smash game). My main issue is that I am not able to position my character precisely because with my "non-sensitive" way of handling the analog stick, he/she/it will immediately start running and then not stop at the place where I want. This is especially annoying when I want to readjust my position just slightly.
Do you guys have any tips for that?

To answer my question just in case anybody else has the same problem: I found that for me it is convenient to make my character walk instead of run by not pushing the stick directly into the direction where I want to go, but to push the stick up first (I have stick jumping disabled) and the move a quick quarter circle to the direction where I want to go. It needs a bit of practice but personally I found it easier to adapt to this than to moving the stick directly but slowly in the desired direction.

Every ranbat player should have his or her first match done by tonight.

If anyone does not complete a match by the grace period, I will remove them promptly for someone else, and they will be banned from participating in the future.

Top Bottom