• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Every ranbat player should have his or her first match done by tonight.

If anyone does not complete a match by the grace period, I will remove them promptly for someone else, and they will be banned from participating in the future.

My first set was done last week so I'm all set.

Berordn

Gamecube controller is the go-to way to play this?

Pretty much every control scheme (except maybe the 3DS) has its merits and benefits, but I imagine a lot of people here (myself included) default to the Gamecube controller on history and muscle memory.

Moze

Banned
Pretty much every control scheme (except maybe the 3DS) has its merits and benefits, but I imagine a lot of people here (myself included) default to the Gamecube controller on history and muscle memory.
I heard something about the shoulder buttons where people harvested L+R buttons from old controllers to improve on the Smash edition. Any knowledge of this?

MrDaravon

Holy shit, I didn't realize that Replay mode allows you to specifically watch videos of a character in any specific gamemode. As a total Smash scrub who is still trying to learn basics (and haven't really had much time to play over the holiday week) I threw on some Peach For Glory 1v1 matches and it was actually useful. I'm not sure that this is of much use once you actually know what you are doing with a character (at least since you can't chose specific matchups), but this is actually pretty rad.

atr0cious

So I learned today that Megaman's tornado uair can actually kill.
I've spent my last couple days playing with him when I found this out. Turns out playing with him is like the best MegaMan game of all time. It feels so good just plinking and dinking then catching them in the air and sending them to the moon.

Cronox

Banned
Good to fight anyone in my bracket tonight besides Cyber since we already matched.

beta_fuse
BigFwoosh
blade25
Bracket
Captain Rage Quit 69
CommanderPepper
daripad
egruntz

If I jump off the stage and randomly don't recover it's cause I turned off tap jump and am still adjusting to only jumping from the right trigger.

Good to fight anyone in my bracket tonight besides Cyber since we already matched.

beta_fuse
BigFwoosh
blade25
Bracket
Captain Rage Quit 69
CommanderPepper
daripad
egruntz

If I jump off the stage and randomly don't recover it's cause I turned off tap jump and am still adjusting to only jumping from the right trigger.

Came back just in time for this! Let's go!

Top Bottom