• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Masked Man

I said wow
What's with Japanese players quitting immediately after one round in For Glory?

Even on my JPN account they seem to do this. Do 90% of them just care about win ratio or something?

Yeah, that's been my experience. For that 90%, if they win, they take it and run; if they lose, they run so they don't have to take another hit to their win ratio.

FSLink

Banned
Hey good games last night man. If ever you want to use customs against me feel free to switch it up any time.

Look forward to more later. Are you on a wired connection? It was really smooth.
Looking forward to it. Yeah I'm on a wired connection. Not bad at all for Hawaii to LA play.

Re: Wario's customs, my brother mains him and he uses default everything, the sideways upB sometimes, and he changes the bike depending on the matchup.

Boney

Banned
We lost connection :( bummer you were doing pretty good in that game, nice bucket both getting it filled and breaking the shield.

Huh it's giving me an unable to join the room
Try joining mine

leroidys

Yeah, they're terrible to unlock, one of the worst grinds I've done and I don't even have a third of them

Oh lucario you're so cheesy

GGs. Lucario is one of my worst match ups for G&W. GW already has trouble KOing, so you're just racking up damage on Lucario, whose rage attacks can KO you at like 50%. Don't have an explanation for getting rekt by everyone else though hah.

Boney

Banned
GGs. Lucario is one of my worst match ups for G&W. GW already has trouble KOing, so you're just racking up damage on Lucario, whose rage attacks can KO you at like 50%. Don't have an explanation for getting rekt by everyone else though hah.
Woops! Nice game you took there

TWILT

Banned
GGs Cyberman. Hope you didn't mind me sticking with Link the majority of the time in the beginning; I wanted to try some Link edgeguarding tech I learned, but I kept screwing it up as you can see from my SDs. :p Fun games; great Sonic/Falco as usual.

GGs Cyberman. Hope you didn't mind me sticking with Link the majority of the time in beginning; I wanted to try some Link edgeguarding tech I learned, but I kept screwing it up as you can see from my SDs. :p Fun games; great Sonic/Falco as usual.
GGs. You're really making me afraid of playing other top Links/Pikachus. Your tech skill with both of them is really insane. It's so hard punishing Pikachu's QACs, haha. I also didn't know Pikachu recovers so fast from F-smash.

I may ask to play you again later this week because facing against you can really help me in those matchups since I need to play against them more.

"You fought 2000 battles!"

wtf Tipster why do you make me spend hours on Smash

Good games, man. My Marios are in good shape if they can stand up to your Mega Man, and I gotta remember not to walk into your usmashes so much. ><;;; What'd you think of my Doc? :D

Good games Cap! Been awhile since we last played, but it was fun as usual! Shame you didn't bring out the spacies (well, except for the last one), but your Doc and Mario were pretty intense. Customs help out a ton with them, huh? It forced me to approach the fights entirely differently from how I normally would (or would like to, haha).

Anyway, thanks for playing!

Edit: I thought both your Doc and your Mario were great! I'd say your Mario is probably a little stronger, since he's got speed on his side, but your Doc wasn't an easy fight by any means. Plus that hitbox on the down b lasts forever. I don't think I punished it even once.

TWILT

Banned
GGs. You're really making me afraid of playing other top Links/Pikachus. Your tech skill with both of them is really insane. It's so hard punishing Pikachu's QACs, haha. I also didn't know Pikachu recovers so fast from F-smash.

I may ask to play you again later this week because facing against you can really help me in those matchups since I need to play against them more.

No problem; so long as you give me more Falco and Sonic practice in exchange :p.

colinp

Banned
I'm brand new to smash. Could someone explain what magic makes you float off the side and then come back to the ledge? I feel like people are able to go soooo far and even so low and then magically make it back to the ledge. Even and especially vs the CPU... What am I doing wrong that prevents me from doing that, too?

Good games Cap! Been awhile since we last played, but it was fun as usual! Shame you didn't bring out the spacies (well, except for the last one), but your Doc and Mario were pretty intense. Customs help out a ton with them, huh? It forced me to approach the fights entirely differently from how I normally would (or would like to, haha).

Anyway, thanks for playing!

Edit: I thought both your Doc and your Mario were great! I'd say your Mario is probably a little stronger, since he's got speed on his side, but your Doc wasn't an easy fight by any means. Plus that hitbox on the down b lasts forever. I don't think I punished it even once.

Thanks for the comments, I definitely noticed you took your time more than usual in the plumber fights. I would've switched to spacies on request, you know? But at the moment I'm still working on what I can do with Fox and Falco's my trump card. ;)

I noticed you switched to Skull Barrier at one point in our fights before switching back, how come? I would think it had infinitely more utility than Leaf Shield. Also, playing Ike again really reminded me of how important spacing is, if I got just a bit too close then your Mega/Robin would have run a weapon of some kind through me!

Also gotta remember to switch to Aether 2, considering Aether 1 is weak to:

-Counters
-Metal Blade
-fastfalling
-being an inch away from the ledge
-windboxes
-reflecting moves
-Fire breath attacks from Bowser and Charizard
-Falco's Reflector
-smash attacks with super armor

Please fill the list up as I drown myself in sorrow and despair.

EDIT:
Any good beginner characters?
Mario, Link, Kirby, and Bowser should introduce you to the various kinds of characters while being easy enough to manage. Well, I don't know about Bowser but it's hard to think of a beginner heavyweight.
I'm brand new to smash. Could someone explain what magic makes you float off the side and then come back to the ledge? I feel like people are able to go soooo far and even so low and then magically make it back to the ledge. Even and especially vs the CPU... What am I doing wrong that prevents me from doing that, too?

They move toward the stage and use a recovery move to grab the ledge and/or get back on stage. Since gravity isn't very high in this game, it's not too difficult to do. Just hit training mode and try to reach the ledge using Up + B in various ways.

Boney

Banned
Alright man, fun games, I'm gonna have to call it a night, I stayed up way too late yesterday and I'm beat.

Nice game watch, you're pretty good with the bucket! But I think you should tone down on the down air, and only use it when the opponent is airborne fishing for your way down or some other reads, because it's a bad gamble on grounded opponents. Don't have much experience with g&w but back air front air and neutral air should be your best approaching tools.

Also, do you know about pivoting? Not sure how much it helps g&w but it can help on approaches and retreats.

Keep at it, you won some nice matches!

Nabster92

It depends on the character, but recoveries in this game are generally better than previous games. When you jump off the stage from the ground you still have a double jump and your up b to use to come back to the stage. You just need to experiment with your character and figure out the limits that you can push yourself offstage and still make it back. Some characters also have side b moves that help them recover as well. What character are do you use that you feel you can't recover as well with?

Top Bottom