• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

TWILT

Banned
And I don't get off until 7-8PM EST usually lol. Gotten a bit of bad luck, since I had wake up super early 3 days in a row, so I couldn't stay up especially late. Should be available later tonight though if anyone wants to do our ranbats match (if not, this weekend will do).

Dez_

This video reminds me that I really liked Melee having the option to switch between English and Japanese. Nothing too major, but having Fox and Mewtwo speak a few more lines and Japanese was pretty cool.

I really like watching aMSa's Greninja. The way he does spacing with those jumping forward airs are really impressive. Been trying to get better with him myself, but I really struggle with the basics.

Puruzi

Banned
The only 2 top tiers I see played on gaf consistently are Nabster's Rosa and TWIlT's Pika.

Daboss has a legit Shiek though, ask him to play you

Wait I'm buggin, forgot about Flux and Cyberman's great Sonics.

The only 2 top tiers I see played on gaf consistently are Nabster's Rosa and TWIlT's Pika.

Daboss has a legit Shiek though, ask him to play you

Wait I'm buggin, forgot about Flux and Cyberman's great Sonics.
If we're including Pikachu, then what the fuck is Shamrock's Ness? :p Also, I'm vouching for Poltergust's Yoshi/Luigi even though they're high tiers.

I don't know if I played Daboss before, but I want to now. :)

Puruzi

Banned
If we're including Pikachu, then what the fuck is Shamrock's Ness? :p Also, I'm vouching for Poltergust's Yoshi/Luigi even though they're high tiers.

I don't know if I played Daboss before, but I want to now. :)
Is Ness top tier now? Had no idea. Shamrock's Ness is hellish. I thought that Pikachu was in S now, so I included him.

Anyone wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui.

I think Ness having tiny range and difficult recovery keeps him out of S tier, unless he somehow became even stronger than he is. And people say Pikachu is top tier even though nobody plays him at tournaments. He probably is, though.

Is Ness top tier now? Had no idea. Shamrock's Ness is hellish. I thought that Pikachu was in S now, so I included him.

Anyone wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui.

He seems to be unanimously in the top 15, and some have him around top 10. His main problem is some of the other high tiers, matchup wise absolutely destroy him.

FSLink

Banned
I think Ness having tiny range and difficult recovery keeps him out of S tier, unless he somehow became even stronger than he is. And people say Pikachu is top tier even though nobody plays him at tournaments. He probably is, though.

I feel like Ness is top 10, but I don't think he's top 7 or top 5 because of his recovery, and his ground game is not great. His back throw makes his okay ground game much more intimidating. Basically any character like Sonic, Diddy, Sheik have much better ground games than him and he's forced to approach from the air. He also has a pretty awful matchup against Rosalina.

Pikachu has the best off stage game, and with customs on he gets a more reliable kill move, and on stages with platforms he has crazy mobility. I definitely feel he's top 3-5 material.

I feel like Ness is top 10, but I don't think he's top 7 or top 5 because of his recovery, and his ground game is not great. His back throw makes his okay ground game much more intimidating. Basically any character like Sonic, Diddy, Sheik have much better ground games than him and he's forced to approach from the air. He also has a pretty awful matchup against Rosalina.

Pikachu has the best off stage game, and with customs on he gets a more reliable kill move, and on stages with platforms he has crazy mobility. I definitely feel he's top 3-5 material.

I'd agree with this assessment. A lot of other high tier characters are speedy with their attacks, so if ness gets caught high, his floaty nature can make it easy for him to be juggled

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, I sub Pikachu here and Pikachu's easily top 5 IMO. His only disadvantages are "reliable" KO moves (his custom Side B helps with this somewhat) and being light (which can actually work to his advantage in some situations to avoid combos).

jnWake

Pikachu is such a pain in the ass. He's quick, can hit hard, has low landing lag, is small... I hate playing against it haha.

Masked Man

I said wow
Calling out my Bracket 3 peeps to hit me up for ranbats! I'll be ready to play after 6 pm CST today!

JCX
SoldnerKei
JNwake
SalvaPot
Masked Man

Let me know, yeah?

Yay! I'll be free Saturday morning-ish (your Friday night) and probably Sunday late-night (your Sunday morning), if either of those work for you!

I won't be available today but maybe tomorrow and definitely on the weekend.

(see above--hope we can play!)

Pikachu is such a pain in the ass. He's quick, can hit hard, has low landing lag, is small... I hate playing against it haha.

Yeah, he's really tricky for Palutena to deal with because he's small and agile enough to avoid most attacks, and light and fast enough to escape her multi-hit jab. I had a really close match last night with a solid Pikachu, but a lone Usmash sent me flying to my death. :(

Yay! I'll be free Saturday morning-ish (your Friday night) and probably Sunday late-night (your Sunday morning), if either of those work for you!

(see above--hope we can play!)

Yeah, he's really tricky for Palutena to deal with because he's small and agile enough to avoid most attacks, and light and fast enough to escape her multi-hit jab. I had a really close match last night with a solid Pikachu, but a lone Usmash sent me flying to my death. :(
Thanks, let's schedule something for Sunday, yeah? :)

Hehe, seeing people here talk about top 5 whoevers reminds me that I don't really know much about how the high tier stacks with each other. '~' Apologies for sounding uninformed, everyone!

Buh? For some reason I keep getting a connection error. Huh...

Well, I guess that's it...

Good games! Your Robin is amazing! I think the last time we played, you were just using Palutena right? Your grab game is still frightening. My poor Lucina feels absolutely useless in that matchup..

Buh? For some reason I keep getting a connection error. Huh...

Well, I guess that's it...

Good games! Your Robin is amazing! I think the last time we played, you were just using Palutena right? Your grab game is still frightening. My poor Lucina feels absolutely useless in that matchup..
Yah ggs. Thanks. Yah your Lucina seems pretty on point, but have you thought of being more aggressive off stage with her? I know that Robin matchup is a pain probably (and most of her matchups in general lol), but I've been trying to spike more people when I play as Lucina. Can kind of be fun..

edit: and yes I played Palutena, but trying to switch to Robin. Do you play anyone else besids Toon link and Lucina? And my grab game is probably decent because I played Palutena and you mostly go for throw punishes with her lol.

Yah ggs. Thanks. Yah your Lucina seems pretty on point, but have you thought of being more aggressive off stage with her? I know that Robin matchup is a pain probably (and most of her matchups in general lol), but I've been trying to spike more people when I play as Lucina. Can kind of be fun..

edit: and yes I played Palutena, but trying to switch to Robin. Do you play anyone else besids Toon link and Lucina? And my grab game is probably decent because I played Palutena and you mostly go for throw punishes with her lol.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that! I really do feel like today was the first time I just felt like I couldn't do anything at all against a projectile user. I was getting read like a book. XD

I would like to have a better off stage game with Lucina but I'm an absolute coward when it comes to going for spikes. I think I have a problem where I push the control stick down too much and then I just end up SDing. I think you're right though, it would help me get more kills. :/

Toon Link and Lucina are the only characters in the roster that I feel like I can use/like, haha. I want to give Mii Swordsman another shot, but it always goes pretty poorly.

Top Bottom