• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

FSLink

Banned
You really shouldn't try to spike often with Lucina though, just stay on the stage and react if they do something dumb. Put them in a bad position with her disjointed attacks, and set them up for a spike.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that! I really do feel like today was the first time I just felt like I couldn't do anything at all against a projectile user. I was getting read like a book. XD

I would like to have a better off stage game with Lucina but I'm an absolute coward when it comes to going for spikes. I think I have a problem where I push the control stick down too much and then I just end up SDing. I think you're right though, it would help me get more kills. :/

Toon Link and Lucina are the only characters in the roster that I feel like I can use/like, haha. I want to give Mii Swordsman another shot, but it always goes pretty poorly.
Yah I have like 2 characters I play mostly as well, with like a dozen secondaries. I feel I should branch out more just so I get matchup experience/understand what is punishable as other characters..

Anyone else down for some games? nnid: direct_quote.

TWILT

Banned
Yah I have like 2 characters I play mostly as well, with like a dozen secondaries. I feel I should branch out more just so I get matchup experience/understand what is punishable as other characters..

Anyone else down for some games? nnid: direct_quote.

I'll play ya. Customs on?

TWILT

Banned
GGs DQ. Sorry for leaving so early, but I'm getting some really odd stuttering sometimes on my end.

If I may offer some advice for your Robin, don't go for the Wind version of his jab combo. It's really unreliable, easily escapable and it just uses your Elwind uses incase you need to recover. Just go for the Fire version of it.

GGs DQ. Sorry for leaving so early, but I'm getting some really odd stuttering sometimes on my end.

If I may offer some advice for your Robin, don't go for the Wind version of his jab combo. It's really unreliable, easily escapable and it just uses your Elwind uses incase you need to recover. Just go for the Fire version of it.
Ggs. Yah I'm just too used to mashing one jab with Palutena lol..

Anyone in bracket 5 down for ranbats? If not, FFAs or 1v1 is good for me. I've got like, an hour to play

Or maybe not. I don't seem to be able to connect to the Nintendo Network. Oh well!

So anyone else up for some games nnid:direct_quote... I swear like the past 3 days everyone was free when I was miles deep in homework, and now everyone is busy >.>

Played in a small tournament today with customs. Used 2322 Palutena beat a Pac-Man player, lost to a Donkey Kong, then lost to a Rosalina. Rosalina match was pretty close, ended up SDing with Super Speed on one of my stocks. But I was destroyed by the Donkey Kong, I've seen what the Airbender can do but it is another thing to experience it. Got 2 stocked in the first match and only did like 30 percent. Second match I adjusted a bit better and actually managed to take a stock. But yeah, customs are great, can't wait to get better with custom Palutena, feels like taking off the weighted training gear after playing her default for so long.

Masked Man

I said wow
Played in a small tournament today with customs. Used 2322 Palutena beat a Pac-Man player, lost to a Donkey Kong, then lost to a Rosalina. Rosalina match was pretty close, ended up SDing with Super Speed on one of my stocks. But I was destroyed by the Donkey Kong, I've seen what the Airbender can do but it is another thing to experience it. Got 2 stocked in the first match and only did like 30 percent. Second match I adjusted a bit better and actually managed to take a stock. But yeah, customs are great, can't wait to get better with custom Palutena, feels like taking off the weighted training gear after playing her default for so long.

I've been running Warp for sheer versatility in terms of recovery, but I almost feel like Palutena doesn't need it with Super Speed and Lightweight. Part of me wants to switch to Rocket Jump for the OoS option and the gimp potential, but how is Jump Glide working for you?

I've been running Warp for sheer versatility in terms of recovery, but I almost feel like Palutena doesn't need it with Super Speed and Lightweight. Part of me wants to switch to Rocket Jump for the OoS option and the gimp potential, but how is Jump Glide working for you?
Yah but dat vertical jump glide range though... I've seen Karsticles use jump glide a lot though for offensive manuevers.. I haven't really tried it though, and I feel for trying to have an off stage game jump glide might hinder that or something. I dunno...

Masked Man

I said wow
Yah but dat vertical jump glide range though... I've seen Karsticles use jump glide a lot though for offensive manuevers.. I haven't really tried it though, and I feel for trying to have an off stage game jump glide might hinder that or something. I dunno...

Yeah, my biggest issue is that you lose a lot of vertical range, since recovering low is definitely advisable in her case. Plus, it doesn't help that she drops like a rock once you attack. I feel like Lightweight in particular gives you all the aerial mobility you need off-stage, and jumping out of Super Speed into an aerial of your choice provides the same set of offensive options as Jump Glide.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, my biggest issue is that you lose a lot of vertical range, since recovering low is definitely advisable in her case. Plus, it doesn't help that she drops like a rock once you attack. I feel like Lightweight in particular gives you all the aerial mobility you need off-stage, and jumping out of Super Speed into an aerial of your choice provides the same set of offensive options as Jump Glide.

I agree. You also get some Warp ledge trump options if you stick with Warp.

How do you choose? o_O

Boney

Banned
How do you choose? o_O
3 Slow taps or just holding a will get the fire version, which hits a lot more consistently and has good horizontal knock back that can kill at later percents. Mashing like a jab combo will get the wind version, which is horrible even though it has insane vertical knock back

3 Slow taps or just holding a will get the fire version, which hits a lot more consistently and has good horizontal knock back that can kill at later percents. Mashing like a jab combo will get the wind version, which is horrible even though it has insane vertical knock back
Well, one benefit of the wind version is that it's safer than the fire version, IMO. The fire version can get punished if the entire thing is shielded, while the wind version can keep the little cyclone going until the opponent backs off.

Boney

Banned
Well, one benefit of the wind version is that it's safer than the fire version, IMO. The fire version can get punished if the entire thing is shielded, while the wind version can keep the little cyclone going until the opponent backs off.
Right, but if you get shielded it's a better idea to just get jab 2 which is safe instead of risking either one.

A question for amiibos owners. I make mine (Ike and Megaman) eat some equipements but I thought the boost were activate with customs on. Can I undo them ?

I really like Jump Glide because it lets me go super deep for kills on side off-stage kills since even if I use both my jumps I'll make it back regardless. I also think its better for regaining stage control after being knocked off-stage because of the added precision, and the fact that it has no landing lag if you touch the ground when its still active is a big plus too. I know that vertical recovery is a bit weak with it, but I didn't have any problem with it, but I'm already dreading a low percent spike I won't be able to recover from. But overall definitely prefer it to warp. Haven't tried experimenting with Rocket Jump yet, so I'll probably play around with that next.

I sent PMs to Anonymous Tipster and Out_Of_Ammo, but nothing so far. Hopefully I can play one of them by Sunday, since today and Sunday are my only days off before the period ends. =|

Karsticles how in the fuck do you play Bowser

I tried him for shits and giggles on FG and got literally stomped on by a Falcon. :(
It's best to just upload a video so I can give you feedback. Three big tips:
1) Stay grounded 99% of the time.
2) Footsies with jab and ftilt.
3) Fortress fortress fortress.

I sent PMs to Anonymous Tipster and Out_Of_Ammo, but nothing so far. Hopefully I can play one of them by Sunday, since today and Sunday are my only days off before the period ends. =|
I might be able to play you tonight.

Made them from this image I found. I can make a togami one for you after I finish playing Boney
I'd appreciate it, could go great with my Mario. Anyway to repay you?

"In the name of my family."
Never, but I have thought about playing sheik to see if it's the character holding me back or just my badness...
Remember DQ, Sm4sh is 60% reflexes, 39% mental game, and 1% character tech. Or something like that, anyway. :O

I'd appreciate it, could go great with my Mario. Anyway to repay you?

"In the name of my family."

Remember DQ, Sm4sh is 60% reflexes, 39% mental game, and 1% character tech. Or something like that, anyway. :O
I'd agree that most fighting games the skill of the player and reflexes are a main factor, but if you can play a character that has better normals that are safer, you can throw certain normals out all day and get punished less.

I'd agree that most fighting games the skill of the player and reflexes are a main factor, but if you can play a character that has better normals that are safer, you can throw certain normals out all day and get punished less.

Yes indeed you can throw out more with less worry of punishment, but that doesn't mean you won't be punished at all. Although certain characters have better toolsets than others, they're useless if you're not using them effectively right?

I can't exactly go picking Palutena and expect to beat you in dittos because I don't know how to use her tools effectively, unlike you. Vice versa with Falco.

Boney

Banned
Alright last game because I'm playing terribly, just super tired

Sorry for the lame matches, my heart just wasn't in it

Top Bottom