• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

PM'd some of my bracket mates to set up a time, hope they get back to me soon. '~'

I kinda like Fox's Burst Blaster, reminds me of his 64 blaster and doesn't stay out too long.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs Boney, I think I'm best with custom Kirby, but I'm not sure. Who gave you the most trouble?

Alright last game because I'm playing terribly, just super tired

Sorry for the lame matches, my heart just wasn't in it

It's fine, I didn't think the matches were too bad. I'm feeling pretty tired too tbh, but I felt like playing smash anyway

Yes indeed you can throw out more with less worry of punishment, but that doesn't mean you won't be punished at all. Although certain characters have better toolsets than others, they're useless if you're not using them effectively right?

I can't exactly go picking Palutena and expect to beat you in dittos because I don't know how to use her tools effectively, unlike you. Vice versa with Falco.
Less options means more predictable so if someone at least knows the matchup they have less things to worry about , etc.

Boney

Banned
PM'd some of my bracket mates to set up a time, hope they get back to me soon. '~'

I kinda like Fox's Burst Blaster, reminds me of his 64 blaster and doesn't stay out too long.
The flinching is good but the little range it has makes me prefer the regular one.

GGs Boney, I think I'm best with custom Kirby, but I'm not sure. Who gave you the most trouble?
Hard to say really, both because I couldn't get used to the match up and because I wasn't playing to win.
Palutena probably was the one I felt most helpless, but my arms were falling off at that point. Kirby also was trouble but I've had worse Kirby's, you played him good though. Donkey kong was also a good match up.

Puruzi

Banned

sduEFTh.png

I hope he gets nerfed right after you master him. :p

If it means I get Falco buffs then I'm right with you on that.

EDIT: My Falco wishlist

Laser lag cancel + ability to shorten Phantasm + can't easily escape jab + way less startup on dair (I'll trade the spike for this if it means we can pillar again) + have first hit of usmash draw opponent into second hit + restore pulling effect on fair

Do it Sakurai, restore Falco to mid-high tier.

Boney

Banned
If it means I get Falco buffs then I'm right with you on that.
Buffs for everyone
Except Yoshi, fuck yoshi
We're never getting projectile canceling back in this game, and even though samus would benefit a shit ton, it's for the better, it'd make projectiles waaaaay too strong and that's not fun.

Still I hope samus gets buffs in down smash and up smash. Make the second jab come out faster or give more hitstun to jab 1. And buff power missiles considerably, making them ko at 160%

Fuck that. Buffs to only Yoshi!

"Because Yoshi lacked a recovery move before, we decided to replace his egg toss with a new recovery, which functions like Aether in that if you don't hit the ledge on the way down, u ded.

Also it can't be B-reversed, because we thought Bowser felt pretty lonely in that regard.

Also also we nerfed Greninja again to encourage aMSa to switch because he's too good with Greninja."

How about Sakuria puts everyone in their canonical tiers. So Palutena is goddess tier, Kirby is god tier, and Samus is actually fast and nimble like in her games (and has all her beams)...

Beats

Personally, the changes I really want are giving moves more blockstun, small adjustments to spotdodging/airdodging/rolling, and not being able to tech spikes before any character specific stuff. :x

Boney

Banned
So nobody wants to play? Smash GAF get off the mon hun

Personally, the changes I really want are giving moves more blockstun, small adjustments to spotdodging/airdodging/rolling, and not being able to tech spikes before any character specific stuff. :x
Yeah I think everybody agrees to this. I hate that spikes are techable when on the ground

+100000 votes.

Also, every character should be able to B-reverse their recovery move. *cough*

I wish this would happen, but I don't think Sakuruai will want to make changes that mean retesting everything. And it seems like it's taking forever for them just to get Metwo DLC out (unless they are planning a lot of changes with that patch hence the long delay). One can only hope..

How about Sakuria puts everyone in their canonical tiers. So Palutena is goddess tier, Kirby is god tier, and Samus is actually fast and nimble like in her games (and has all her beams)...

Then Shulk would dominate everyone, followed by Palutena, Ganondorf and Ness.

The Monado is serious shit, Palutena's a goddess, Ganondorf only gets done in by a Master Sword to the face, and Ness gets a fuckhuge powerup part way through his game that basically lets him solo everything up to Giygas if he wanted to. I don't even know what PK Rockin' is supposed to be because I stopped paying attention lmaoooooo

Oh shit, throw Rosalina in that tier too because she's also basically a space goddess.

I would think the tier below that is Kirby, Pit/Dark Pit, Bowser, Mr. Game and Watch (he turns into a fuckhuge octopus and can apparently manipulate dimensions as he's a 2D being in a 3D world) and Mewtwo if we're including him. Probably the Mario Bros. and the princesses too. I don't know if we can include Samus at this level or the one immediately below it, to be honest.

Next is Link/Toon Link, ZSS, Captain Falcon, the other Pokemon, Wario, and the Kongs.

I don't feel like organizing everyone else.

At the lowest would probably be Olimar's weak ass self and maybe Wii Fit Trainer, because even though she's basically a nonhuman yoga instructor she can apparently harness the power of the sun.

Ugh ugh, sorry guys I've been pretty sick that last couple of days and have been working on top of it.

I was hoping to wait until I felt better to get at the ranbats, but time's gettin' short. So if anyone wants to get at me now, feel free. I also got back to Beef via PM.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to play a few games, I'd be willing.

Boney

Banned
Ugh ugh, sorry guys I've been pretty sick that last couple of days and have been working on top of it.

I was hoping to wait until I felt better to get at the ranbats, but time's gettin' short. So if anyone wants to get at me now, feel free. I also got back to Beef via PM.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to play a few games, I'd be willing.
I can play

FSLink

Banned
EDIT: um um Smash Bros relevant topic: I'm going to pick Diddy on For Glory for a week and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Play to win. I get a lot of hate for going top tier sometimes, but I just tend to go with characters with a lot of options since they're interesting to me that way (yeah, there's more to Diddy than just dthrow/uthrow -> aerial guys, though admittedly not too much lol)

Let me know if you want any Diddy tips. Smashcorner just released a nice Diddy Kong tech video too:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...se-meteor-smash-escape-and-other-cool-tricks/

Sure, let's do it. I'll have a room up in a minute.

Edit: also we need. 2 v 2 tourny GAF!

2v2 tourney sounds fun, if we let people decide for themselves who they want to partner up with.

Of course, we will have to put up a "THERE'S GOING TO BE LAG SO NO JOHNS" sign all over it, but I'm game. :)

...who would want me as a partner though? :|

EDIT: Shamrock and I have played doubles once before, so if anything I think I deserve to compliment his Ness with my Fox. :T

FSLink

Banned
I'd be down for a 2v2 tourney. TWILT, want to team up? Or Shamrock for the DOUBLE-NESS

Also I have much more fun using Little Mac/Duck Hunt in 2v2s. :3

Boney

Banned
You should save that 0 to 70 strings you pulled off!
Ok apex screw attack you're stupid bye bye
Ouch you're kicking my ass

TWILT

Banned
Tipster, if you're up for it when you're done, we can do our ranbat matches after.
I'd be down for a 2v2 tourney. TWILT, want to team up? Or Shamrock for the DOUBLE-NESS

Also I have much more fun using Little Mac/Duck Hunt in 2v2s. :3
Sure. I don't have much experience doing 2v2s; often times I'm wary I might hit my own partner by mistake. :p

Boney

Banned
Sounds good.

Sure TWILT let me get two more in with Boney and then we can roll
God damn your full hops air dodges into aerials, you can shift your momentum too much lol
Today is definately not my day for smash, maybe I'll play something else

Welp, good games man, I couldn't get a single one could I? I'll play mario kart or something, I'm playing so bad today

If we were to do a doubles tournament, how about these rules:

Single-Elimination
Best of 3
3 Stock, 8 Minutes
Custom Moves on
Stagelist:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination (and all Omega stages)
-Smashville
-Town and City
-Lylat Cruise
-Duck Hunt
-Delfino Plaza
-Wuhu Island
-Skyloft
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Pokemon Stadium 2
Stages are decided on the game's whim; players simply pick the stage they want and hope for the best (We could discuss this one)
Winning team must retain their characters for the next game; they are allowed to switch movesets if they wish. Losing team is allowed to change characters and movesets for the next game.
There's probably going to be lag, meaning you'll want to take your and your partner's internet connection into account. I think matches should be played out unless lag or input delay is severe enough to significantly affect gameplay, in which case we could probably figure something out. '~'

...I admit I thought organizing a doubles GAF tournament would be fun, but I don't know where to start. How do I get people registered, keep track of stuff, and all that? >.<;;;

God damn your full hops air dodges into aerials, you can shift your momentum too much lol
Today is definately not my day for smash, maybe I'll play something else

Welp, good games man, I couldn't get a single one could I? I'll play mario kart or something, I'm playing so bad today

Good games Boney! A lot of them were still really close! Skull barrier helps out a ton in the match up but fuck it doesn't reflect once thrown? Hard lesson to learn.
Thanks for playing!

TWILT, are you ready? Let's do this!

TWILT

Banned
Good games Boney! A lot of them were still really close! Skull barrier helps out a ton in the match up but fuck it doesn't reflect once thrown? Hard lesson to learn.
Thanks for playing!

TWILT, are you ready? Let's do this!

Cool! Mind if we do a lag test match really quick? Y'know, just to make sure inputs are working and stuff.

TWILT

Banned
Tipster defeats me 5-2. GGs! I wish the game would pick my stages some more. -_-
Haha you really earned it, especially that first stock!

Good games though! Super hard fought all the way through!

Do you consider Pika your main now?

Nah, he's still my sub for now. I just wasn't comfortable bringing out Shulk for the fight. Maybe I should have given it a shot though...

Would you like to some casuals?

Top Bottom