• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

FSLink

Banned
So is everyone doing the evo rule thing now with 2 stocks? Interesting(or I should say what comes with for glory mode)..
3 stocks is too long imo. I was all for 3 stocks but I think 2 stocks has better pacing and the saved time adds up for tourneys. Yeah Brawl was slower and had 3 stocks but honestly that game should have been 2 stock as well.

Does nobody want to comment on my proposed rules for a doubles tournament last page? ;__;

Well, anyway, anybody up for a game or two?

I want to get a 2v2 going with some of yall. Would anyone be interested?

Are you suggesting a 2v2 with four GAF players, or do you already have a mate?

Regardless, I'm in if anyone else is.

TWILT

Banned
...Yeah, maybe I SHOULD have tried Shulk out in at least one of those matches (unless you were holding back lol). Ah well, there's always next time. :p

GGs as usual Tipster. Beast Mega Man, hope you go far in the ranbats!

Does nobody want to comment on my proposed rules for a doubles tournament last page? ;__;

Well, anyway, anybody up for a game or two?

Are you suggesting a 2v2 with four GAF players, or do you already have a mate?

Regardless, I'm in if anyone else is.

Nope, just me. So we need 2 more

Good stuff TWILT! You sure got your pick of the stages then, haha. :p

Yessir I would

Make that 1 more!

...Yeah, maybe I SHOULD have tried Shulk out in at least one of those matches (unless you were holding back lol). Ah well, there's always next time. :p

GGs as usual Tipster. Beast Mega Man, hope you go far in the ranbats!

Thanks man, same to you! Your Pika is super intense and on a small stage like Battlefield I couldn't get away from that up b.

I'm probably just lucky it was picking my large flat stages. In a different format it would've been different for sure

Nabster92

If we were to do a doubles tournament, how about these rules:

Single-Elimination
Best of 3
3 Stock, 8 Minutes
Custom Moves on
Stagelist:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination (and all Omega stages)
-Smashville
-Town and City
-Lylat Cruise
-Duck Hunt
-Delfino Plaza
-Wuhu Island
-Skyloft
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Pokemon Stadium 2
Stages are decided on the game's whim; players simply pick the stage they want and hope for the best (We could discuss this one)
Winning team must retain their characters for the next game; they are allowed to switch movesets if they wish. Losing team is allowed to change characters and movesets for the next game.
There's probably going to be lag, meaning you'll want to take your and your partner's internet connection into account. I think matches should be played out unless lag or input delay is severe enough to significantly affect gameplay, in which case we could probably figure something out. '~'

...I admit I thought organizing a doubles GAF tournament would be fun, but I don't know where to start. How do I get people registered, keep track of stuff, and all that? >.<;;;

I can help out with setting things up and running things as well. Challonge has an option to make a sign up page for the tournament through the site itself, or we can just make a google form to collect the list of entrants and put them in manually.

I can help out with setting things up and running things as well. Challonge has an option to make a sign up page for the tournament through the site itself, or we can just make a google form to collect the list of entrants and put them in manually.

Oh duh, I forgot about Challonge! I'll have to set up a bracket thing soon for that. :)

Oh, and join our 2v2 pls.

TWILT

Banned
Don't forget about Big Battlefield for 2v2s. Stage is kinda designed for it lol.

If only the game allowed 8 players online for 4v4s or something...though obviously, I can't imagine the lag issues that might happen occur lol.

Top Bottom