• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs, Your Falco and Fox were super good, like insanely so. Do you main them?
GGs. Nope, but Falco is my secondary. I'm still wondering if I should focus on them more since they seem to fit my aggressive playstyle more than Sonic.

Also every time I play you, you get better with every character. All of your tech skill/reads are really good to. :p

Puruzi

Banned
GGs. Nope, but Falco is my secondary. I'm still wondering if I should focus on them more since they seem to fit my aggressive playstyle more than Sonic.

Also every time I play you, you get better with every character. All of your tech skill/reads are really good to. :p

Thanks, and I think you should go for those 2, the movement mastery you had on them was amazing

Cronox

Banned
Anyone want to play? Looking to experiment with customs and will probably be playing terribly. Wreck me bad enough and I'll probably switch to my main though. NNID: Cronoc

Seemed crisp on my end. I won 5-2. I didn't count that SD you did when I picked Omega PaluTemple because I thought something was wrong.
You must be joking. Are you telling me you couldn't tell the game was randomly skipping and freezing during those? That was infuriating. Then again, you thought your connection was fine in Marvel, too.

You must be joking. Are you telling me you couldn't tell the game was randomly skipping and freezing during those? That was infuriating. Then again, you thought your connection was fine in Marvel, too.

"Fine" in Marvel is far, FAR different than this game, lol. I noticed a handful of freezes near the end of the set, but it felt like offline play in the first bunch of games.

Cronox

Banned
Man Ike's Wind Eruption wrecks Little Mac lmao

Yeah a few matchups in there were pretty rough. Little Mac just gets destroyed by wind boxes when trying to recover... I don't hold much hope for him in the customs meta, even with his improved up b. Also, Link's bombs trade with a fully charged Samus slow neutral b, wtf. Link's bombs have priority or trade with every projectile Samus has, oof. And she just has such shitty normals. I really want to like Samus, but she's just not for me.

Not sure whose Ike is the better, your windbox Ike or my super armor side b Ike. I think the diagonal recovery is overrated though, I'm going to take that off I think. Too inconsistent when you're under the stage.

Really enjoyed custom Lucario, I may have to look into trying that out more. A slow projectile with gravity hole properties and a ranged command grab are pretty cool to have, even if the grab isn't as much of a kill move anymore.

I really outdid myself with the SDs as Bowser in our last few matches. Geez. Though one of them was semi-intentional, I just wanted to keep hitting you and went for the dair even though I knew I would die.

GGs.

Edit: if anyone else is looking to play, I'm still game.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah a few matchups in there were pretty rough. Little Mac just gets destroyed by wind boxes when trying to recover... I don't hold much hope for him in the customs meta, even with his improved up b. Also, Link's bombs trade with a fully charged Samus slow neutral b, wtf. Link's bombs have priority or trade with every projectile Samus has, oof. And she just has such shitty normals. I really want to like Samus, but she's just not for me.

Not sure whose Ike is the better, your windbox Ike or my super armor side b Ike. I think the diagonal recovery is overrated though, I'm going to take that off I think. Too inconsistent when you're under the stage.

Really enjoyed custom Lucario, I may have to look into trying that out more. A slow projectile with gravity hole properties and a ranged command grab are pretty cool to have, even if the grab isn't as much of a kill move anymore.

I really outdid myself with the SDs as Bowser in our last few matches. Geez. Though one of them was semi-intentional, I just wanted to keep hitting you and went for the dair even though I knew I would die.

GGs.

Edit: if anyone else is looking to play, I'm still game.

GGs. Yeah the diagonal upB is better with the Wind Eruption though, I went off stage, neutral B'd twice, and was still able to recover. You just can't stall as much I suppose.

Samus vs. Link is an embarrassing matchup for Samus. Literally all he has to do is stand still to completely negate her best options.

Falco doesn't need a faster run speed, he never had that. He needs the ability to pressure again, but he's managing with what he's got.

I already knew it deep down in my heart. But that slow dash attack hurts too much.

Samus vs. Link is an embarrassing matchup for Samus. Literally all he has to do is stand still to completely negate her best options.

I already knew it deep down in my heart. But that slow dash attack hurts too much.
Also doesn't feel like a fun matchup for Robin either, because he/she has to approach Link through projectiles with one of the slowest dashes in the game (and slower projectiles than Samus).

Phew. I'm done, lol. GGs guys. A ton of those went down to the wire

GGs Shamrock. I don't know if you could tell given the chaotic nature of the fights, but I kept in mind your advice from last time and it seems I can stand just a bit more against you now. :)

Maybe I should main Fox.

EDIT: I'm done for the night guys. GGs, it was great fun smashing with y'all and I hope we can have more fun like this again sometime! Tipster, I'm not a pro but I hope I did you some good as a teammate!

Good stuff guys. My head is killing me from all of that focusing.

We need to do this more often!

Edit: You did great buddy, you pulled a ton of those out all on your own. Couldn't have asked for a better teammate!

Top Bottom