• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

You have to channel your inner Melee player and use both Fox and Falco.
lol

I don't like playing Melee Fox at all, he's super demanding and combo fodder if you fuck up. I prefer Falco, even if he's super gimpable that's old territory to this Doc main. :p I'm trying to learn Falco for a Melee tournament coming up that I plan on entering, I could use a sub for the dreaded Marth matchup.
Good stuff guys. My head is killing me from all of that focusing.

We need to do this more often!

Edit: You did great buddy, you pulled a ton of those out all on your own. Couldn't have asked for a better teammate!

It's my shoulders that are killing me, I need a bean bag chair or something. ;__;

Thanks, but I honestly felt like it was your tendency to stretch that first stock as long as possible that gave me a chance to share stock into a win. Still, I'm proud of my performance no matter what, and honestly you still surprise me with that Mega Man every so often.

Oh snap, just found out the second ranbats season started. Haven't played in a while due to MH4U, is the deadline for the first round this sunday? I don't have access to my WiiU untill sunday evening (GMT+1), so is anyone from my bracket available around then?

That feeling where a misplay becomes an awesome kill in an unconventional way.

I'll probably never try to use farores wind off stage to kill somebody while they're also offstage but damn, getting the full elevator when both players are trying to recover is a nice.

Majukun

The intensive training event on hard is what hell probably is like... You are against 15 other Mac that you have to defeat in 40 sec, you die in one hit and your opponents have counters, lightning fast attacks and super armor.. It's impossible

Oh snap, just found out the second ranbats season started. Haven't played in a while due to MH4U, is the deadline for the first round this sunday? I don't have access to my WiiU untill sunday evening (GMT+1), so is anyone from my bracket available around then?
I may be available.

The intensive training event on hard is what hell probably is like... You are against 15 other Mac that you have to defeat in 40 sec, you die in one hit and your opponents have counters, lightning fast attacks and super armor.. It's impossible
Ftilt.

They just counter or tank with the super armor
I'm just telling you how I beat it and got the gold. :)

Usmash only when you are dashing to make sure you kill.
Fsmash if you can charge it (for armor).
Ftilt most of the time.

Or maybe I mostly used Fsmash...

Anyway, it is a little luck-based, but most of the harder events are.

Majukun

I'm just telling you how I beat it and got the gold. :)

Usmash only when you are dashing to make sure you kill.
Fsmash if you can charge it (for armor).
Ftilt most of the time.

Or maybe I mostly used Fsmash...

Anyway, it is a little luck-based, but most of the harder events are.
all I know is that with 15 of those guys one is sure to counter and it's game over... Did you do it on hard?

Boney

Banned
Samus vs. Link is an embarrassing matchup for Samus. Literally all he has to do is stand still to completely negate her best options.

I already knew it deep down in my heart. But that slow dash attack hurts too much.
I don't think the link match up is that hard honestly. I mean a good link will be super careful and only walk forwards but that takes away all of his projectile game leaving him with only his slow ass normals. You can abuse zair to outrange and that can combo into dash attack or grab for some nice damage. If link is gonna be bomb heavy you just gotta adapt, it'll negate the CS sure but having the bomb out gives link two choices, either throw the bomb which is super telegraphed and avoidable or mix it up with his other specials which are all super punishable by a charge shot, boomerangs and arrows are worthless in the match up, especially boomerangs, so that leaves link without any of his mix ups and wallings.
It basically becomes a match where both players need to adapt a lot, and a freaking link just walking slowly with the intent of murdering you can be a little scary but it's manageable. Honestly I think toon link is a much harder match up

all I know is that with 15 of those guys one is sure to counter and it's game over... Did you do it on hard?
Yes.

It took me many tries, and this was the penultimate challenge I completed. Actually, the problem, once I got a pattern down, wasn't the counters, but just KOing everyone on time. I am generally a conservative player.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
While I did not grow up with a GameCube, I am interested in playing Smash with a GC controller. Only problem is, of course, the scarcity of the adapter.

Get the new mayflash one, it's a flawless clone in my experience

Boney

Banned
We most generally play with the Ranbat rule set here which is pretty similar to the standard tourney rule set, which sets the stage choices and stuff.

Also don't forget that ZSS down b also helps for recovery! Only use the up b at the last possible moment because it drains all the forward momentum. And you're not even using your second jump most of the times, that's also pretty bad
Also you need shield and air dodge a lot more, that the first thing holding you back
Not sure - no one brought it up.

I think it's less bad than some others we have right now. :p
But I mean as a community wide thing In Tournies and stuff. Seems like a good counterpick but idk.

Yeah!

e: misunderstood what you said. Yeah. I have no clue how to play against your link. He's too ranged and then beats the shit out of me. I just play my Link aggressive AF.

I think people underestimate the gale boomerang. It screws up your opponent's spacing.

How to beat my Link with Link is to get up close and hit me with those up smashes or short-hop dairs.

Boney

Banned
Anybody else wanna play?

Falco: "Had enough already?"

Yes. Yes I have.

GG
Sorry, was I being too unforgiving? Sorry if it was too frustrating but not going all out is more of a disrespect.

You just need to get a few hang of basic movement stuff. Most of your deaths were because you used the up be really early and not even using your second jump. Second you need to start using there shield button, air dodges work great and shielding a move puts you in a huge advantage, you gotta work on those two things primarily. From then on you can start incorporating other approach options because down air with zamus is way to predictable and punishable.

Still, fun games

I think people underestimate the gale boomerang. It screws up your opponent's spacing.

How to beat my Link with Link is to get up close and hit me with those up smashes or short-hop dairs.

Thing was that I could never get close to you because we were playing on a flat map so you would always hurt me and then bumrush me. You play him better then I ever could :D

The Flash

Banned
Sorry, was I being too unforgiving? Sorry if it was too frustrating but not going all out is more of a disrespect.

You just need to get a few hang of basic movement stuff. Most of your deaths were because you used the up be really early and not even using your second jump. Second you need to start using there shield button, air dodges work great and shielding a move puts you in a huge advantage, you gotta work on those two things primarily. From then on you can start incorporating other approach options because down air with zamus is way to predictable and punishable.

Still, fun games

No, it was fun it's just like you said I'm very rough around the edges. The only Smash that I've consistently played was the original when I was kid and I'm just not good at fighting games in general. I'm actually planning on recording a fighting game series to kind of chronicle my terribleness and hopeful rise to some degree of competence so any suggestions, comments, criticisms, and witticisms are more than welcome.

Boney

Banned
None of Falco's combos or setups work on Samus. That's pretty troublesome.

That Pit pivot grab was like, 1/8th of the entire length of Smashville. Borrowing the power of Melee Marth.
Yeah that pivot grab was insane lol , even in the animation he grows a mutant arm the size of dk's lol.
Samus escapes a lot of stuff because of her floatiness but still is pretty heavy allowing. Her to survive a lot.
Falco is still a pretty hard counter pick for samus both the blaster and the reflector give me a really hard time and his aerials have a lot of priority over samus.

Very nice games though, you wrecked my zard and pit, I had no way of approaching with pit which is worrysome seeing samus struggles as well

Top Bottom