• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Reading up on Yoshi on Smashboards is not fun :( So much stuff that I don't do, or am doing wrong. Or there are techniques mentioned but without explanation on how to do them.

I have been meaning to learn Duck Hunt. How are his customs?
I remember seeing gfycat on Reddit where someone used a zigzag can to KO someone off the top, and I fought a Duck Hunt on here who used giant Gunmen to camp because they took multiple hits to down.
Reading up on Yoshi on Smashboards is not fun :( So much stuff that I don't do, or am doing wrong. Or there are techniques mentioned but without explanation on how to do them.
It's sobering, right? When you start learning how much you don't know, doors to improvement begin to open. :)

I remember seeing gfycat on Reddit where someone used a zigzag can to KO someone off the top, and I fought a Duck Hunt on here who used giant Gunmen to camp because they took multiple hits to down.

It's sobering, right? When you start learning how much you don't know, doors to improvement begin to open. :)
how's diddy treating you?

SoldnerKei

You bodied me in a couple of our matches... Rest were even but you managed to get the last hit all the time ;_;

somehow I wasn't able to get into GAF after we played, and yeah, some games where pretty even! great games Wake, keep it up that Yoshi!

I played some guy who did nothing but float around as Dedede and throw Gordos, so I went Dedede too and we played Dedede tennis. But then he changes his name to "Stay Free" after he wins. And that's legitimately saddening. That there's someone out there who plays a game about giant penguins hitting spiked balls with angry faces at each other with giant mallets and turns it into an excuse to try to belittle other people. Reminds me of the worst parts of the Street Fighter scene.

FSLink

Banned
Robin is pretty terrible if you take into factor only omega stages.

RE: Duck Hunt customs

All gunmen have their uses. I like the Mega Gunman for the amount of HP and the delay it has on the shot. Very useful being a shield while I'm setting up my other projectiles. Quick Draw Aces has some really cool combo applications for how fast it is.
https://giant.gfycat.com/GrossHighAustraliansilkyterrier.webm

Zig Zag can is also interesting. At low percents, you can grab opponents near it, and then combo them into the can for huge amounts of percents. At higher percents, you can up throw them into it and combo them to death, or it sends the opponent towards you so you can kill them with uair.

Woohoo, I am in Grand Finals for Smash at Mile High Massacre. Only 16 people signed up, but I still feel good. :p Apparently it is going to be streamed.

I got a kill from breaking a shield on a Sonic at the edge of the stage, and he fell slowly to his death. His life percent at that moment: 11%. Hype.

Haha. I just destroyed a shitty Captain Falcon (There are a lot of these due to how many people use him...) that kept spamming Falcon Kick. They changed their name to SHIELDMUCH because I would always shield and punish their kick. If they didn't want me to shield, then they shouldn't have spammed such an easily punishable move.

Anyone up for 1v1 casual?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have been meaning to learn Duck Hunt. How are his customs?

Well, someone already beat me to it. He is pretty much spot on. I can't really find myself to change clay disc move to other custom since it's already pretty good move.

Robin is pretty terrible if you take into factor only omega stages.

RE: Duck Hunt customs

All gunmen have their uses. I like the Mega Gunman for the amount of HP and the delay it has on the shot. Very useful being a shield while I'm setting up my other projectiles. Quick Draw Aces has some really cool combo applications for how fast it is.
https://giant.gfycat.com/GrossHighAustraliansilkyterrier.webm

Zig Zag can is also interesting. At low percents, you can grab opponents near it, and then combo them into the can for huge amounts of percents. At higher percents, you can up throw them into it and combo them to death, or it sends the opponent towards you so you can kill them with uair.

Haha. I just destroyed a shitty Captain Falcon (There are a lot of these due to how many people use him...) that kept spamming Falcon Kick. They changed their name to SHIELDMUCH because I would always shield and punish their kick. If they didn't want me to shield, then they shouldn't have spammed such an easily punishable move.

Anyone up for 1v1 casual?

I'll play ya, customs on?

Everything else works fine, so I don't know what configuring the firewall properly would entail at this point.
Well probably is the problem, I remember having trouble with friends not seeing games I hosted (pvp) for other games because of firewall problems. But as long as other people host I guess it isn't that big of a deal..

Anyway I'm up for some games now if anyone wants (with customs)...nnid:direct_quote

Lucina at the bottom of E rank? I dunno...Marth and Lucina are worst off this time but I think the absolute bottom is too much. Looking at Shulk's ranking makes me think the Japanese are looking down on sword characters in general.

Oh well. I don't care. I'll use Lucina no matter what.

Lucina at the bottom of E rank? I dunno...Marth and Lucina are worst off this time but I think the absolute bottom is too much. Looking at Shulk's ranking makes me think the Japanese are looking down on sword characters in general.

Oh well. I don't care. I'll use Lucina no matter what.
I think if they just improved her recovery on moves she'd be at least low mid-tier.

Great games Flux!

I've been playing a ton of Mega lately, so it was a nice change of pace playing and playing against a bunch of characters I don't usually see! Plus lots of different customs there!

You're pretty damn good with a whole host of characters! Thanks for playing!

GGs, Tipster. Even with customs, I'm only really good with a handful of characters. I really enjoy playing custom WFT.
I don't know man, you seemed pretty solid with the majority of the characters you picked!

Top Bottom