• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Cronox I'm not sure if you're afk or not. What's up? '~'

GGs Cronox my man, this ranbat goes to me. I've procured 5 wins. Respect to your Bowser, I hope you go far with him.

For the record, the matches went accordingly:

Ike(me) vs. Bowser(Cronox) @Castle Siege; 1-0
Ike(me) vs. Bowser(Cronox) @Halberd; 2-0
Ike(me) vs. Bowser(Cronox) @Final Destination; 3-0
Falco(me) vs. Ike(Cronox) @Wuhu Island; 3-1
Falco(me) vs. Ike(Cronox) @Battlefield; 4-1
Falco(me) vs. Jigglypuff(Cronox) @Town and City; 5-1 victory for Captain Rage Quit 69

If there's something wrong here, Cronox, feel free to dispute.

Tansut

In Bracket 5 I still have to play:

Timeaisis
TWILT
Voliko
BumblebeeCody

If any of you are free tomorrow, I can play any time of the day until around 6:00PM EST.

TWILT

Banned
In Bracket 5 I still have to play:

Timeaisis
TWILT
Voliko
BumblebeeCody

If any of you are free tomorrow, I can play any time of the day until around 6:00PM EST.

Great, I can't play until AFTER 6PM EST tomorrow because of work lol.

Let me know when you're available after that time I suppose.

Tesseract

Banned
i think i'm slowly shaking off the scrublets

spot dodging more, short hopping, fast falling, pivoting

gaining a familiarity with the cast

Especially since you haven't added to the discussion.

Anyone up for some 1v1s? Or even mayhaps a 2v2 if we can get some others.
I wish I could join, but I feel pretty damn tired. ;__; I'd love to play doubles with you some other time though.
At this point in for glory im just browsing GAF while holding left. It accomplishes the same thing
D:

Is there something you want to talk about?

Clefargle

I need to play someone in ranbat bracket 2. Falawful and I played only one game out of 5. He said he had to run, I'm gonna PM him and try to arrange it again because he hasn't followed up with me since. My NID is Triforceofwisdom and I'll be on tonight.

Nothing about this game makes any sense to me and I have no idea where to even start

If it's your first smash, I would recommend just messing around in the training mode to get a hang of the controls. I would watch some youtube videos of people playing to get a feel of how the matches go. I know there are a few channels that do tutorials for beginners.

Nothing about this game makes any sense to me and I have no idea where to even start

Um, start from the how to play video. It sounds condescending but I really mean it, the how to play videos give an excellent perspective on the gameplay in my opinion. :)

Then, look up vids on the internet, ask SmashGAF stuffs, or just play around with easy CPUs to get the hang of movement and fighting. If there's anything I've learned from teaching new people how to smash, it's that you must NEVER jump into hard stuff right away. Hell, don't even jump into shit like rolling and air dodges and that kind of shit until you understand moving and attacking. Just do that first. :3

Oh, check out Super Smash Academy AFTER you get down how to move and hit people and KO. Just saying, you know?

GGs Cronox my man, this ranbat goes to me. I've procured 5 wins. Respect to your Bowser, I hope you go far with him.

Falco(me) vs. Jigglypuff(Cronox) @Town and City; 5-1 victory for Captain Rage Quit 69

No need to be so official. Everyone is pretty honest.

There needs to be some kind of matchup thread because this thread is useless for discussing the game

Why does it feel like this game has no logic to it

Once I start exclusively using the c stick in matches I start competing

At this point in for glory im just browsing GAF while holding left. It accomplishes the same thing

Looks like you are just doing a ton of bitching. Do you want the thread all to yourself so you can spam your whining?

Cronox

Banned
There needs to be some kind of matchup thread because this thread is useless for discussing the game

It's true that every once in a while a longer post comes along that quickly gets swept away. For example, I'm not sure whether I want to make a post here about having recently finished the Smash Bros documentary or make a new thread so people can actually talk about it. And people who are asking about the gamecube controller vs other controllers are missing discussion that's been had earlier, including (to toot my own horn a moment) my post on the Hori battle pad recently.

It's true that every once in a while a longer post comes along that quickly gets swept away. For example, I'm not sure whether I want to make a post here about having recently finished the Smash Bros documentary or make a new thread so people can actually talk about it. And people who are asking about the gamecube controller vs other controllers are missing discussion that's been had earlier, including (to toot my own horn a moment) my post on the Hori battle pad recently.
If a new documentary finished, it should get its own thread and get posted in here.

Man ness' up b is pretty powerful.
Attack it to destroy it.

I'm just so frustrated because I have probably won one in 50 matches by now and it feels like its always the same. People hang back and do their most powerful attacks and dodge around and it seems like it never ever makes sense to attack from the air. I'll get to some tutorials or something I'm must super salty about this game right now.

Shitty record.. Lol

deNmXid.jpg

Cronox

Banned

Nah nothing to dispute, I don't really remember the scores anymore anyway. But these details compel me to excuse my poor performance - the first two battles I pretty much didn't bother with because for some reason I didn't think those two stages were in our tournament. The Halberd stage having the cannon that targets fighters made me sure that it couldn't be a tournament allowed stage, so I went and re-read the rules while we were in the middle of the match, which is why I was just dodging around. My mistake though, they're in.

As an aside, while Nintendo got the netcode alright, the online is still so impersonal compared to competitor's platforms - no way to communicate, say anything - that z mic button exists but doesn't seem to do anything but lower the music, I've never gotten any indication the person on the other side can hear me. It's kind of a sad experience to want to do something, anything similar to the kind of communication you might have playing locally, and all you have are 4 taunts.

Crayolan

Why does it feel like this game has no logic to it
Once I start exclusively using the c stick in matches I start competing

People would be more willing to help if all your posts didn't have a mean spirited or sarcastic tone.

If you honestly want help, start by watching the how to play video, which teaches the basics of tilts, smashes and recovery. You can see it by leaving the game on the title screen for long enough, but it might also be in the movies section of the vault.

After that, mess around in the 1 player modes for a while and get a feel for some characters and the basic mechanics. Find a character that feels right to you.

When you're just starting out, I'd recommend also staying out of for glory cause you'll probably just get battered and learn nothing.

People would be more willing to help if all your posts didn't have a mean spirited or sarcastic tone.

If you honestly want help, start by watching the how to play video, which teaches the basics of tilts, smashes and recovery. You can see it by leaving the game on the title screen for long enough, but it might also be in the movies section of the vault.

After that, mess around in the 1 player modes for a while and get a feel for some characters and the basic mechanics. Find a character that feels right to you.

When you're just starting out, I'd recommend also staying out of for glory cause you'll probably just get battered and learn nothing.

This dude smashed me from 0% in like 3hits with bowser tonight. I think that's when I lost it.

Nah nothing to dispute, I don't really remember the scores anymore anyway. But these details compel me to excuse my poor performance - the first two battles I pretty much didn't bother with because for some reason I didn't think those two stages were in our tournament. The Halberd stage having the cannon that targets fighters made me sure that it couldn't be a tournament allowed stage, so I went and re-read the rules while we were in the middle of the match, which is why I was just dodging around. My mistake though, they're in.

As an aside, while Nintendo got the netcode alright, the online is still so impersonal compared to competitor's platforms - no way to communicate, say anything - that z mic button exists but doesn't seem to do anything but lower the music, I've never gotten any indication the person on the other side can hear me. It's kind of a sad experience to want to do something, anything similar to the kind of communication you might have playing locally, and all you have are 4 taunts.

Oooooohhhhh.

Um, well the more you know! Eheh, I guess lack of communication really hurt huh? Um, I think there actually is an indicator -- if you're transmitting voice, that mic icon in the corner will have a speech bubble containing an exclamation point. I couldn't speak though because my gamepad was right in front of the TV and I was too lazy to go get it, lol. Better invest in Turtle Beaches!

Crayolan

This dude smashed me from 0% in like 3hits with bowser tonight. I think that's when I lost it.

Which is exactly why for glory isn't good for new players. At this point you might not even have a full grasp of the controls let alone know how to properly rack up damage or defend yourself yet. Low level CPU's are good for starting to understand these things or at the very least getting used to the controls and trying out different characters.

This video is also pretty good for explaining the basics more thoroughly than the how to video.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Agreed. Why is there not a separate thread for matchups?

Sound like people have no experience with real fighting games' threads. Did you see many games have their matchup threads?

Let me save you the time. The answer is no.

I think people need to stop bitching about it and actually contributing something to thread then I'm pretty sure that people would respond if they are interested to.

Tripon

Sound like people have no experience with real fighting games' threads. Did you see many games have their matchup threads?

I think people need to stop bitching about it and actually contributing something to thread then I'm pretty sure that people would respond if they are interested to.
I'm kinda surprised people want to turn back to the days of if Lucina was a clone vs. Alternate costume.

Anyway, all it takes to start a conversation is two people. If your post is interesting enough, somebody else will pick up the thread.

GGs, it's pretty fun playing wacky battles sometimes!
Anyone wanna 1v1? ID in profile.
It's the only way I have a chance to win >_<.

Basically, it'd be really tough to do it all in one thread anyway.

Top Bottom