• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

jnWake

Coolio, add my NNID TWILTHERO please.

Good games.

Ike's customs are so weird haha. The recovery even threw you off!

Link was pretty good. I have no idea what those boomerang and bombs do so I was super confused...

Greninja was cool. I had no idea shuriken combo'ed into Usmash so smoothly. Some hilarious SDs in those matches though, both from you and from my Zelda.

Kirby matches were funny. I played stupidly bad with C. Falcon because I really couldn't focus. Falcon Punches everywhere!

Pikachu was great. I hate Pikachu haha. So fast and almost no lag.

Shulk was very good. I'm not very familiar with him so many attacks surprised me.

GGs. It's pretty late here and I was getting tired. Made some very stupid mistakes in the last matches. Yoshi's custom side B is super weird too and I killed myself with it a few times haha.

EDIT: Yeah. Yoshi is my main and ROB my second. I have many many more hours with Yoshi though. Zelda is my third and Marth my fourth. Too bad Marth isn't that good though. Falcon is my for fun character. I'd guess Pikachu/Shulk is your main?

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, Shulk/Pikachu are my mains with Link. I mostly use everyone else for fun, though I do want to get better with Kirby/Ike/Greninja. Ike's customs are fun, but take a lot of time to get used to. I do wanna trying the Tornado Eruption gimping some more though.

What do you think the best partner for Bowser would be? I imagine him on the front lines spacing people out while a partner backs him up with projectiles. Yet they would have to be projectiles that don't hit straight forward, so someone like Zelda or Ness makes the most sense to me.

Does Palutena's autoreticle ever target her partners?

Masked Man

I said wow
Anyone from Bracket 3 available? I know I had talked with CRQ and jnWave, but it doesn't look like either of them are online. I'll be around for about an hour, but then I need to sleep. Sorry for being in a weird time zone. :/

Anyone from Bracket 3 available? I know I had talked with CRQ and jnWave, but it doesn't look like either of them are online. I'll be around for about an hour, but then I need to sleep. Sorry for being in a weird time zone. :/
Sorry dude, I kinda overslept cuz of partying. >.>;;; That was all my b, pardon me!

I'm planning to look into how to get people here registered in a GAF doubles tournament, about how long would you guys say I should have it open for? :O

Sorry dude, I kinda overslept cuz of partying. >.>;;; That was all my b, pardon me!

I'm planning to look into how to get people here registered in a GAF doubles tournament, about how long would you guys say I should have it open for? :O
Two weeks, with the sign-up form posted at the top of every new page.

Who would partner with me for doubles...I think I need a Ness or Zelda main.

Shiek is pretty good but one thing I've noticed is that she doesn't have kill power. Unless I don't know what can kill with her.
Sheik is considered one of the best in the game.

Masked Man

I said wow

Will you be around later today (my tomorrow morning)? If I wake up early enough, I can play then!

And I'd love to take part in the tournament if possible!

What do you think the best partner for Bowser would be? I imagine him on the front lines spacing people out while a partner backs him up with projectiles. Yet they would have to be projectiles that don't hit straight forward, so someone like Zelda or Ness makes the most sense to me.

Does Palutena's autoreticle ever target her partners?
I didn't try it out yesterday in doubles, but I think explosive flame would be more reliable anyway.

Is it going to be a ranbat or like a 1-3 day tourney.. Anyone want a Palutena on their team? :/. I don't know who she would compliment..

I didn't try it out yesterday in doubles, but I think explosive flame would be more reliable anyway.

Is it going to be a ranbat or like a 1-3 day tourney.. Anyone want a Palutena on their team? :/. I don't know who she would compliment..
I will take a Palutena, though I feel like Robin/Bowser would be good. Especially if you use Robin's Arcfire custom that is a midscreen explosion.

I will take a Palutena, though I feel like Robin/Bowser would be good. Especially if you use Robin's Arcfire custom that is a midscreen explosion.
Ok sounds good! Yah I could use both I don't care, but I do like super speed as an option. And luckily I do have the explosive arcfire unlocked.

Ok sounds good! Yah I could use both I don't care, but I do like super speed as an option. And luckily I do have the explosive arcfire unlocked.
I bet we could have a good setup off of a grab, too.

I grab, and you run behind me.
I grab release, and you use Ranged Nosferatu.
I charge fsmash during Ranged Nosferatu.

Just theory talk, but I can see it working.

Protecting Palutena while she throws out Explosive Flame seems doable, too.

I bet we could have a good setup off of a grab, too.

I grab, and you run behind me.
I grab release, and you use Ranged Nosferatu.
I charge fsmash during Ranged Nosferatu.

Just theory talk, but I can see it working.

Protecting Palutena while she throws out Explosive Flame seems doable, too.
Yah I could see ranged nosferatura working, but I do think explosive flame would be more consistent than explosive arc fire. I just need to unlock ranged nosferatu...

Yah I could see ranged nosferatura working, but I do think explosive flame would be more consistent than explosive arc fire. I just need to unlock ranged nosferatu...
We can try both and see how it goes. :)

Also, shield breaks are worth thinking about. If I can lock someone down with Fortress for half their shield, it might be worthwhile to sacrifice a hit for you to break the shield with something. I am totally okay with getting blasted by Arcthunder if it hits the opponent as well.

Two weeks, with the sign-up form posted at the top of every new page.

Who would partner with me for doubles...I think I need a Ness or Zelda main.

Sheik is considered one of the best in the game.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind!
Will you be around later today (my tomorrow morning)? If I wake up early enough, I can play then!

And I'd love to take part in the tournament if possible!
I'll see if I'll be available in 8 hours. :p And yeah, once things are figured out and registration is open, feel free to partner up and join!

I want it to be done in a timely manner, but given everyone's going to be in various timezones I won't enforce a strict "finish everything in 3 days" kinda thing. More like the ranbat, y'know? Except you have to fight the next team on your bracket, and not just any team. I worry about how long a round-robin tourney would take, but I'm open to ideas!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind!

I'll see if I'll be available in 8 hours. :p And yeah, once things are figured out and registration is open, feel free to partner up and join!

I want it to be done in a timely manner, but given everyone's going to be in various timezones I won't enforce a strict "finish everything in 3 days" kinda thing. More like the ranbat, y'know? Except you have to fight the next team on your bracket, and not just any team. I worry about how long a round-robin tourney would take, but I'm open to ideas!
I think a robin robin would be better, otherwise you'll have too many people just playing once. Give more time for teams to get a feel of how to play as a team.. Guess could just copy Karsticle's ranbats over a month or something..

I think a robin robin would be better, otherwise you'll have too many people just playing once. Give more time for teams to get a feel of how to play as a team.. Guess could just copy Karsticle's ranbats over a month or something..
The funny thing was, after you mentioned round-robin I started thinking about the Ranbats. Problem is, if I went that route it'd turn into Captain Rage Quit's Team Ranbats and people already have a tough time finding someone to play in the regular ranbat.

Then again, people would all probably be in the same bracket, hmm...

Top Bottom