• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I got beaten badly in Grand Finals. A really great Captain Falcon vs. Bowser was a frustrating experience. 90% of my hits were Fortress. I pretty much did nothing but fail in the neutral, which was embarrassing on stream. :/

On the plus side, I won $30, so I got my entrance fee covered. Yay!

Man, Off-Topic pisses me off sometimes. This is my safe zone, lol
Yeah, people always say gaming side is the dangerous one, but you really need to watch out about all the crazy stuff that happens in OT. I don't even know how people get banned over video game arguments. If you want to share what thread you are talking about, PM me.

I got beaten badly in Grand Finals. A really great Captain Falcon vs. Bowser was a frustrating experience. 90% of my hits were Fortress. I pretty much did nothing but fail in the neutral, which was embarrassing on stream. :/

Yeah, people always say gaming side is the dangerous one, but you really need to watch out about all the crazy stuff that happens in OT. I don't even know how people get banned over video game arguments. If you want to share what thread you are talking about, PM me.
What was the stream name? I need to find some local tournies to play in...

Man, Off-Topic pisses me off sometimes. This is my safe zone, lol
I just don't find it worth it to get in arguments over there (or anywhere). I mostly use GAF for community aspects and news, and if I lost my account because I got too heated over there that'd suck..

Boney

Banned
The tiny bit of lag seems to be completely throwing me off. Your samus is pretty damn awesome though could barely get a hit in.
Sorry, I really need to get a Ethernet adaptor, me being in Sputh America doesn't help.
I'm so used to playing like this I fear I'll get the timings off without lag

Boney

Banned

Congratulations for coming out second with bowser!

You need to share the matches!

Congratulations for coming out second with bowser!

You need to share the matches!

What was the stream name? I need to find some local tournies to play in...

I just don't find it worth it to get in arguments over there (or anywhere). I mostly use GAF for community aspects and news, and if I lost my account because I got too heated over there that'd suck..
I will share the GF set once I can find it. It wasn't good play by me, as I was really stressed out. I still need to look at it, though.

I think I might start going to locals every Thursday, too. I just need more offline play experience.

Anyone want to play in a bit? I need to shower, because it was in a hookah lounge. :p

A thing I've learned on GAF ever since joining a few years ago is to stay away from Off Topic and you'll be okay.

I learned that, in threads about important social issues, there are regulars that go from thread to thread and shit it up each time with the same crap attitudes that are not looking to actually discuss/debate the topic, or change anyone's mind, but are instead just looking to be angry. I have gotten better about ignoring it but every once in awhile, it all builds up and my patience, and better judgement, take a hit.

Sorry for going off topic in here. Would anyone like to 1v1

edit: Karsticles, I will if you want

I will share the GF set once I can find it. It wasn't good play by me, as I was really stressed out. I still need to look at it, though.

I think I might start going to locals every Thursday, too. I just need more offline play experience.

Anyone want to play in a bit? I need to shower, because it was in a hookah lounge. :p
Lol I guess that means there wasn't anyone under 18 playing there.. I would be up for some games later, but I'd assume you'd want to play someone else first because we had some long sets already (and you probably want more practice with higher tier characters/better players). So sometime later after that or something.

I get nervous playing matches in games online, so I would probably be terrible in an actual tourney situation.. lol

I can play you right now while u wait..

I learned that, in threads about important social issues, there are regulars that go from thread to thread and shit it up each time with the same crap attitudes that are not looking to actually discuss/debate the topic, or change anyone's mind, but are instead just looking to be angry. I have gotten better about ignoring it but every once in awhile, it all builds up and my patience, and better judgement, take a hit.

I would love a PM from you.

Also, I beat someone with Ness during casuals. Go me!

Lol I guess that means there wasn't anyone under 18 playing there.. I would be up for some games later, but I'd assume you'd want to play someone else first because we had some long sets already (and you probably want more practice with higher tier characters/better players). So sometime later after that or something.

I get nervous playing matches in games online, so I would probably be terrible in an actual tourney situation.. lol

I can play you right now while u wait..
I never tire of playing you, because you play the exact style I struggle to deal with the most. It is good for me. I also feel we are about even in skill level.

I have to shower hookah off me first.

Boney

Banned
Alright man, fun stuff. I had a pretty good streak with samus haha. Thanks for playing, not sure what you're lacking though, I guess a little bit more aggressive game.
Hard to say, you weren't able to punish my goofs while I managed to get yours.

Alright man, fun stuff. I had a pretty good streak with samus haha. Thanks for playing, not sure what you're lacking though, I guess a little bit more aggressive game.
Hard to say, you weren't able to punish my goofs while I managed to get yours.

Yea good games. I think I mostly lack a good edge game and I have some poor spot dodges you were reading me far better than i was reading you. With the goofs I could not for the life of me get my shield up in time just seemed to run into everything.

I don't know about this game right now. The tier gap just keeps widening as people just keep playing the blatantly best characters and ignoring anyone who isn't. Makes it feel hopeless to play anybody who isn't fast with a good aerial game, or Rosalina. I like Sheik, but I don't WANT to play Sheik. I don't want to put dozens of hours into the character who isn't the one I truly want to play. I want to play Falco and Greninja and not have them feel noticeably handicapped in comparison to 1/3 of the rest of the cast. There's maybe one player who really gives any hope to the mid-tiers, and I don't want to play either of his characters (Pit and Robin).

I don't know about this game right now. The tier gap just keeps widening as people just keep playing the blatantly best characters and ignoring anyone who isn't. Makes it feel hopeless to play anybody who isn't fast with a good aerial game, or Rosalina. I like Sheik, but I don't WANT to play Sheik. I don't want to put dozens of hours into the character who isn't the one I truly want to play. I want to play Falco and Greninja and not have them feel noticeably handicapped in comparison to 1/3 of the rest of the cast.

Coming from someone who mained Ness in brawl, use that tier list as part of your driving force to be the best you can be with the character you like. Ness was considered one of the lower tiered characters in Brawl, but I won the vast majority of my matches by just being flat out smarter than the opponent. The wins are also much much sweeter.

Well, they changed Falco quite a bit. It's basically learning a new character who there are no useful support or resources for who I'm not entirely sure if I should even be playing them.

For Glory is also terrible. Nearly on the level of ranked match on SFIV. Learning a metagame that only these people play, in an environment with constant minor input lag. But it's a pain to have to go asking for games any time I want to not deal with dumb crap.

Well, they changed Falco quite a bit. It's basically learning a new character who there are no useful support or resources for who I'm not entirely sure if I should even be playing them.

For Glory is also terrible. Nearly on the level of ranked match on SFIV. Learning a metagame that only these people play, in an environment with constant minor input lag. But it's a pain to have to go asking for games any time I want to not deal with dumb crap.

I would ignore For Glory. Playing only on FD is not a good way to get better at the game on a competitive level. You always have here.

I would also recommend the following site that has a very good layout:

www.smashladder.com

We have a neogaf chatroom there.

Boney

Banned

I think im getting worse because of game tactics that help in for glory hinder me against good people

It's a theme in any fighting game. Top players will get stomped, or at least lose a match to completely random players because none of their reads or mindgames work against someone who has no idea about any of that. But Smash Bros isn't a game where you can sit back and block and punish, at least not against every character.

For Glory using only one stage is especially a problem. The worst part of when I played Bowser by far, because he just cannot recover and get his footing against characters with good run speed.

Boney

Banned
Raaaanbaaaats. I'm calling you people out!

Boney(Boney64)
IntelliHeath(IntelliHeath)
Roboleon(Roboleon)
direct_quote(direct_quote)
FSLink(FSLink_jpn)
I can play, although I did get a ranbats today and he did suffer a bit lag on his end and I'm looking to get an adaptor (been saying that for a week now lol) so idk, we can see how it goes.

I can play, although I did get a ranbats today and he did suffer a bit lag on his end and I'm looking to get an adaptor (been saying that for a week now lol) so idk, we can see how it goes.

Well, I gotta play someone, and everyone else in our bracket has their match. We can give it a try. If the lag is too bad, I'll try someone else, but last time we played it was pretty good after a few matches.

It's a theme in any fighting game. Top players will get stomped, or at least lose a match to completely random players because none of their reads or mindgames work against someone who has no idea about any of that. But Smash Bros isn't a game where you can sit back and block and punish, at least not against every character.

For Glory using only one stage is especially a problem. The worst part of when I played Bowser by far, because he just cannot recover and get his footing against characters with good run speed.
I disagree with your statement on Bowser.

Top Bottom