• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Man, Off-Topic pisses me off sometimes. This is my safe zone, lol

Yeah, people always say gaming side is the dangerous one, but you really need to watch out about all the crazy stuff that happens in OT. I don't even know how people get banned over video game arguments. If you want to share what thread you are talking about, PM me.

A thing I've learned on GAF ever since joining a few years ago is to stay away from Off Topic and you'll be okay.

That's why I don't really lurking Off-Topic that much anymore other than checking several OTs like MarvelGAF, DisneyGAF, etc. I'm trying to be understandable and respect other people's opinions because they probably came from different cultures or different lifestyles but there are some comments that are really tasteless so I don't really need that kind of stuff in my life. It's just disturbing how people threw it around on the internet easily. Well, NeoGAF isn't that bad comparing to Youtube's comments, Twitter and several social media sites.

It looks like I won't be able to make it for my ranbats match this evening after all... Is there still a 1 week grace period like in the first season? If so, I should be able to play my matches in the coming week.

If OoA can't play, maybe DQ and I could do doubles with someone else?

It looks like I won't be able to make it for my ranbats match this evening after all... Is there still a 1 week grace period like in the first season? If so, I should be able to play my matches in the coming week.
I can play you now.

Yes, though, you have the grace period. Also, since everyone playing here completed last season, I will be more lenient on removing folks. I trust that the entrants care about completing the season.

I can play you now.

Yes, though, you have the grace period. Also, since everyone playing here completed last season, I will be more lenient on removing folks. I trust that the entrants care about completing the season.
Thanks, I'll try to play my match asap in one of the coming days since I won't be able to play today.

That's why I don't really lurking Off-Topic that much anymore other than checking several OTs like MarvelGAF, DisneyGAF, etc. I'm trying to be understandable and respect other people's opinions because they probably came from different cultures or different lifestyles but there are some comments that are really tasteless so I don't really need that kind of stuff in my life. It's just disturbing how people threw it around on the internet easily. Well, NeoGAF isn't that bad comparing to Youtube's comments, Twitter and several social media sites.

People can get got in Gaming side just as easily as Off-Topic. Don't get it twisted, both sides are just as toxic; the only difference is the topics at hand.

It's mainly why I stick to Communities 90% of the time I'm on GAF.

Boney

Banned
Samus really needs a good kill throw.

Throws Mario at 180% and survives. He then throws me at 80% and I die

Alright, great games, had a lot of fun and they were pretty even. I was a lil upset because I lost a Ranbat to Ness yesterday and I'm debating about how much a good character can help out win.
But still, had a lot of fun, used a lot of up tilts which I stopped using and they work pretty great at damaging your shield. I was so close to breaking it so many times though, would've loved a couple more.

Oh well, that Mario is super nasty, gust cape is great and while I think regular fireballs are better fast are great against samus. You could start using him more and get more comfortable with his aerial poking game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People can get got in Gaming side just as easily as Off-Topic. Don't get it twisted, both sides are just as toxic; the only difference is the topics at hand.

It's mainly why I stick to Communities 90% of the time I'm on GAF.

Yeah, you are right. For most of video games news thread, I would lurk for OP only unless it warrant me to read rest of threads. For community, yeah MKGAF, SmashGAF and FGW are my home for most of time.

I am going to try Bowser's fireball as a counter-camping move.

Samus really needs a good kill throw.

Throws Mario at 180% and survives. He then throws me at 80% and I die

Alright, great games, had a lot of fun and they were pretty even. I was a lil upset because I lost a Ranbat to Ness yesterday and I'm debating about how much a good character can help out win.
But still, had a lot of fun, used a lot of up tilts which I stopped using and they work pretty great at damaging your shield. I was so close to breaking it so many times though, would've loved a couple more.

Oh well, that Mario is super nasty, gust cape is great and while I think regular fireballs are better fast are great against samus. You could start using him more and get more comfortable with his aerial poking game.
Samus has a huge projectile that kills. Kill throws are for projectile characters without projectiles that kill. Very fair. Dedede has awful throws, for example. Yesterday a Dedede player at 160% threw me while I was 220%, and I survived! Gordos kill, though.

Have you checked out videos of her slow projectile custom? Great kill power, and you can fire it before throwing someone into it.

So I was doing For Glory Teams...

And one of the players got disconnected before the match started, so it was me vs two players. That was not pleasant...

Boney

Banned
I am going to try Bowser's fireball as a counter-camping move.

Samus has a huge projectile that kills. Kill throws are for projectile characters without projectiles that kill. Very fair. Dedede has awful throws, for example. Yesterday a Dedede player at 160% threw me while I was 220%, and I survived! Gordos kill, though.

Have you checked out videos of her slow projectile custom? Great kill power, and you can fire it before throwing someone into it.
I have seen it and it's pretty interesting, but I don't think it's worth trading the regular charge shot for it. It charges way to slow and has lot of end lag. It makes samus a completely different character and I haven't experimented myself a lot with it but it'd radically change my play style, so yeah.

The thing is with samus, although the charge shot is a massive threat, she has a lot of trouble killing enemies and very few kill moves. I'm asking for a throw that can kill at 150% at the ledge not a ness throw though.

I have seen it and it's pretty interesting, but I don't think it's worth trading the regular charge shot for it. It charges way to slow and has lot of end lag. It makes samus a completely different character and I haven't experimented myself a lot with it but it'd radically change my play style, so yeah.

The thing is with samus, although the charge shot is a massive threat, she has a lot of trouble killing enemies and very few kill moves. I'm asking for a throw that can kill at 150% at the ledge not a ness throw though.
Part of custom moves is allowing the player to shift their playstyle a bit to adjust to matchups. Try to play around with it a bit more, you know?

Do you have setups for a kill move or can a grab combo into a kill move or offstage play? Investigate your options and be wary of what you're punishing with, so you're not staling your kill moves.

I can play you now.

I'd be up for trying some doubles later today if anyone else is interested.

Top Bottom