• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Cronox

Banned
Room's up. My connection is good, but my asshole housemate just cycled the power on our router. If I drop it's because he did it again.

Unfortunately the lag was a bit much for our matches to be all that productive :(

Not sure whose side it was on, but maybe we'll try again another time huh?

Edit: Yeah ok I'll open a room. Though the lag may not be fixable just with that...

I'm not sure about fire shot vs the villager, you'll have to be careful not to get caught by a lloid. Let me know if you find that successful though.

Yeah turbulent bomb is exactly what I'd like to do some testing with. Windboxes have some pretty wonky effects, and if flying slam is still on then Bowser bomb is just another laggier kill move for me, I can let it go if the windbox changes things.

No kidding about flying slam, as you know I fucking love it. It's the closest move in the game to this, which is soooo satisfying. When you get hit with it, you know you fucked up. God, Tager has the most satisfying throws in a fighting game. If they ever get current with their steam releases I'll play it again. Bowser is the closest Smash comes to that.

Pretty sure missiles lose or clank to all link's projectiles :/

What's your NNID? Nevermind. Why don't you make the room? Customs on.

Will get back to you on this...
I love Tager. So satisfying.

Throw a homing missile out after jumping. Then go in for a grab. Link won't be able to hit the missile at its angle. That's why fast homing = best.

Yeah missiles are horrible against link. But charge shot is gonna make link unable to throw boomerangs and arrows because he will get punished
Charge, spot dodge projectiles, win then?

Unfortunately the lag was a bit much for our matches to be all that productive :(

Edit: Yeah ok I'll open a room. Though the lag may not be fixable just with that...

Not sure if you missed it but TWILT was up for your ranbat match!

Boney

Banned
I love Tager. So satisfying.

Throw a homing missile out after jumping. Then go in for a grab. Link won't be able to hit the missile at its angle. That's why fast homing = best.

Charge, spot dodge projectiles, win then?
Not even necessary to spot dodge, CS will eat them up and go through them. Boomarabg has a ton of lag and you can punish pretty match across the stage, while a good link is only gonna throw full hop arrows, he'll get hit if you read it right.

Cronox

Banned
Yeah, it was stating to chug for me as well at the end of that match. Want to try hosting, see if it's me?

Yeah, I think we're going to have to call it for today. But from our matchups I now know that Bowser's fire shot hits Dedede's gordos properly and changes their direction. I think fire show is the new default in the Dedede matchup based on that alone...

I'm up for the ranbat matches right now if you want. NNID is TWILTHERO

EDIT: Ahh see you got challenged by someone else. I just got finished playing a friend, so another time could work if you want.

TWILT if you're around we can do 'em now. Check your friend requests.

The Adder

Banned

It fixed the match Worthy and I were having. But yeah, that one just now was still laggy.

IDK about that. It deflects the gordos, sure, but it also lets me approach you from tge air easier, and as you saw almost every exchange in the air went poorly for Bowser.

So while it stops me from using Gordos to space you out, it leaves you vulnerable elsewhere, and if I play Dedede anything like he's suppossed to be played then fire shot does nothing to stop them where they're most important (when you're off stage)

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, I think we're going to have to call it for today. But from our matchups I now know that Bowser's fire shot hits Dedede's gordos properly and changes their direction. I think fire show is the new default in the Dedede matchup based on that alone...

Alright, cool, give me a sec.

Accepted and room's up. I'd like a lag test match if you don't mind.

Amazing. Do share other findings with Fireball.

Cronox

Banned
Alright, cool, give me a sec.

Accepted and room's up. I'd like a lag test match if you don't mind.

Last match was a little laggy, so I killed myself to end it. We're at 4-2 with you winning. Let's try again. I won't interrupt this time.

Ugh what a crappy last match.

TWILT

Banned
I defeat Cronoc 5-2. GGs! Nice Bowser, though I felt like you were going for a tad too many risks in the set.

I'm down for some friendlies now.

Customs allowed? I can't see how Villager would struggle against Yoshi.

Customs allowed, and it's actually a very tough match for Villager right up there with Sonic. Hitting them isn't too much of an issue, but actually landing a killing blow is the difficult part. Both characters can dance around all of Villager's attacks since the dangerous ones are slow, and they can also get in Villager's face to deal fast, high-knockback moves extremely easily.

Communication error. Oh well, was taking a break soon so it's for the best.

Nice stuff CRQ we rocked these punks :p
We went beast mode on ourselves lmao. GGs!
I wasn't done I got a communication error >_<, does boney want to rejoin, or anyone else join for team battle (under tipster's account pete)?

All in the family, son.

Actually, I think I'm done Smashing for the day myself. GGs guys, I had some fun and played with some cool potential secondaries (Peach?). Hope to do it again sometime!

Yah ggs, good practice for a potential team tourney.. I still want to play some games though.. nnid:direct_quote.. game for 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v1

We went beast mode on ourselves lmao. GGs!

All in the family, son.

Actually, I think I'm done Smashing for the day myself. GGs guys, I had some fun and played with some cool potential secondaries (Peach?). Hope to do it again sometime!
We both had that top tier mindset when we picked Sheik and Diddy Kong simultaneously. Great minds think alike!

Cronox

Banned
I defeat Cronoc 5-2. GGs! Nice Bowser, though I felt like you were going for a tad too many risks in the set.

I'm down for some friendlies now.

GGs. A little mad at myself about some of the things I was fucking up in our matches. I'm going to have to remember to host matches myself in the future cause I don't think the host feels lag like the hostee does. Whenever I just stood in shield, that's kind of my response to lag. Probably a poor one if the other player doesn't back off for a moment.

And yeah, Shulk I can deal with as Bowser, Link not as much. I tend to have terrible timing with shielding projectiles, I think the crappy tv I use has significant input lag that isn't helping either. When I go to tournaments, the game feels a lot smoother all of a sudden. But I'm not in a place to buy a new screen :/

GGs. A little mad at myself about some of the things I was fucking up in our matches. I'm going to have to remember to host matches myself in the future cause I don't think the host feels lag like the hostee does. Whenever I just stood in shield, that's kind of my response to lag. Probably a poor one if the other player doesn't back off for a moment.

And yeah, Shulk I can deal with as Bowser, Link not as much. I tend to have terrible timing with shielding projectiles, I think the crappy tv I use has significant input lag that isn't helping either. When I go to tournaments, the game feels a lot smoother all of a sudden. But I'm not in a place to buy a new screen :/

Do you want to have a run at our Ranbat matches Cronox? Totally understand if you'd rather take a break and do it later as well.

Bowser reflections after 20 min in training mode (I decided to go back to my love after this weekend - Dorf is Done).

Apparently, different characters have different ledge grab hitboxes. Example: go to For Glory Battlefield and select Ganondorf. Run him to the ledge and have him hang there. Once he loses invincibility, try hitting him with Fsmash, Dsmash, or Fortress. None of these hit him. Dtilt only hits at a very precise area.

Now swap Mario in, and repeat. Notice that all of these attacks hit Mario just fine, as such Usmash. I think we need to make a list of what works against who, because otherwise we risk ineffective ledge guarding for no reason.

Also, I am messing with customs, and I think that Fireball and Turbulent Bomb are worth exploring alongside Dash Slash, which I know is already loved. These moves each offer something against keep away characters. Fireball can reflect Gordos and helps force non-projectile characters to close in on you, and it can help pressure Robin. Turbulent Bomb could be helpful against characters like Link and Samus to go over their projectiles and get in.

Thoughts?

Boney

Banned
Bowser reflections after 20 min in training mode (I decided to go back to my love after this weekend - Dorf is Done).

Apparently, different characters have different ledge grab hitboxes. Example: go to For Glory Battlefield and select Ganondorf. Run him to the ledge and have him hang there. Once he loses invincibility, try hitting him with Fsmash, Dsmash, or Fortress. None of these hit him. Dtilt only hits at a very precise area.

Now swap Mario in, and repeat. Notice that all of these attacks hit Mario just fine, as such Usmash. I think we need to make a list of what works against who, because otherwise we risk ineffective ledge guarding for no reason.

Also, I am messing with customs, and I think that Fireball and Turbulent Bomb are worth exploring alongside Dash Slash, which I know is already loved. These moves each offer something against keep away characters. Fireball can reflect Gordos and helps force non-projectile characters to close in on you, and it can help pressure Robin. Turbulent Bomb could be helpful against characters like Link and Samus to go over their projectiles and get in.

Thoughts?
I read about this ledge thing because Samus's charge shot can only hit like 8 characters having on the ledge, Mario being gone of them

It's:
Mario Yoshi DK Bjr Charizard metaknight olimar dr Mario and Mii gunner

Thanks Beats! Can you give me feedback?

I am wondering which of these customs are worth using over the standard. Each seemed somewhat useful to me, but not amazing.

Anyone up for some games? nnid:direct_quote.. I'm ok with customs.
I want to try Robin with customs. Make a room.

Top Bottom