• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Ha, I'm not doing that. Somehow, that's how my playstyle comes across sometimes, but I just generally play by messing around, since that's the most fun.
Haha no worries, as I said, I'm having fun!

Thank you karst for telling me about bowser bomb with wind

Boney

Banned
Does every character have a huge non invincibility frames at the start of the roll? Damn that sonic fist hit so hard

Bah, full jumped instead oh short hopped and then landed on the platform and went strains to you. Shaaaame

FluxWaveZ

Does every character have a huge non invincibility frames at the start of the spot dodge? Damn that sonic fist hit so hard

I think you might be referring to how fast Sonic was acting coming down from his down air attack? At a certain height, Sonic won't suffer any recovery when coming down with his dive kick, so I can immediately smash when I hit the ground.

Boney

Banned
I think you might be referring to how fast Sonic was acting coming down from his down air attack? At a certain height, Sonic won't suffer any recovery when coming down with his dive kick, so I can immediately smash when I hit the ground.
Oh no I know that. But I was shielding and rolled to dodged the punch. It has happened to me a lot of times where I'm shielding, press a direction and end up being hit because I'm still not rolling and my shield is down. I know samus has a shit ton of vulnerable frames at the end of the roll, but not sure of the first

Oh meant roll earlier

Boney

Banned
Damn dude, a terrific edgeguard and you end up dying lol, is that up better than the regular one? It's faster but you can't control the angle

Dammit man stop sd'ing lol

OranSky

Banned
Anyone have any advise for trying to get better with slower characters such as Shulk and Robin? I was super hyped to play as them and haven't for a while since they are a bit tricky for me to play smoothly with.

FluxWaveZ

Damn dude, a terrific edgeguard and you end up dying lol, is that up better than the regular one? It's faster but you can't control the angle

Ha, that was pretty great. I'm not sure if it's necessarily better, but it's much faster and has a higher distance.

And that wasn't what I wanted to do there, heh...

Edit: Oh man, where'd the lag come from?

Anyone have any advise for trying to get better with slower characters such as Shulk and Robin? I was super hyped to play as them and haven't for a while since they are a bit tricky for me to play smoothly with.
Play against TWILT to learn Shulk.
Play against direct_Quote to learn Robin.

TWILT

Banned
Tipster, I'll play you if you're up for it. Just mostly wanna mess around with customs though.
Play against TWILT to learn Shulk.
Play against direct_Quote to learn Robin.
Damnit Karst, don't put me on the spot like that, I'm a terrible teacher haha.

Kidding aside, for those who want to learn Shulk, I highly recommend this Shulk 101 Guide by Distant Kingdom/Jerm from Smashboards. I learned quite a bit even after a month playing him on the 3DS.

Boney

Banned
Ah, that's what happened.

And man, that felt good right there.
Man ;_;

Little Mac and sonic definately gave me the most trouble, because you can't just zone them out. I need more practice against those guys. Your rosa was pretty darn good and that falco laser is so stupid lol, I only got the matches because you were dicking around.

Still, thanks for the matches had a blast, didn't even bring pit and zard because I'm kinda rusty with them and focusing on samus.

Edit: oh you disconnected so I thought you were done. Now I feel extra bad for that being the last fight. Still, great games and I yawned just before you disconnected so it's for the best, already turned off the console. Really liked playing you, you being one of the top dogs here and all.

I just wished samus sucked a little less.

FluxWaveZ

Edit: oh you disconnected so I thought you were done. Now I feel extra bad for that being the last fight. Still, great games and I yawned just before you disconnected so it's for the best, already turned off the console. Really liked playing you, you being one of the top dogs here and all.

I just wished samus sucked a little less.

Oh, really? There must have been a weird d/c at the end, since my room was still up after a bit of instability. That's fine, though, I was about done too.

I generally have a tough time dealing against characters who rely on a variety of projectiles, so those matches were interesting. It can be scary when Samus' beam is fully charged.

Boney

Banned
Oh, really? There must have been a weird d/c at the end, since my room was still up after a bit of instability. That's fine, though, I was about done too.

I generally have a tough time dealing against characters who rely on a variety of projectiles, so those matches were interesting. It can be scary when Samus' beam is fully charged.
Yeah having the charge shot let's you do a lot more stuff because the opponent needs to be a lot more defensive. She's pretty cool and I like using her a lot but I'm starting to get a little frustrated at some of her shortcomings.

DooD1234

I played Monster Hunter the whole day and don't regret it. Anyone wanna play a short session before I turn in?
I been itching to play Smash too but Monster Hunter been keeping me away. In fact Monster Hunter hasn't even let me get started on MM3D too. I going to be so rusty by the time I play smash again lol.

Ggs, cronox. Surprised you didn't try any custom sets..
Goes to show there are things that catch me off guard range-wise. Good to know that hit stretches though, lol

EDIT: DQ, Kars, and other Palutena mains: wanna contribute to our discussion of the Falco-Palu matchup here? We'd appreciate it. :)
Eh I don't know matchups well enough, maybe if we practiced it more I'd know...

I'm still down for some games right now if anyone is interested, nnid:direct_quote.

Cronox

Banned
Ggs, cronox. Surprised you didn't try any custom sets.

GGs. No Bowser customs that would have helped me against Palutena. I don't have enough experience with dash slash for it to be anything but a liability in our matchups. An annoying matchup for Jiggs because Palutena's dash, bair and jab negate pound. Bowser just doesn't have the speed. I am fucking baffled that the Palutena fireball goes through shields. Customs Palutena is like if you gave Sonic an unblockable ranged attack and more horizontal air movement. Practically impossible to edgeguard without making ridiculous reads. And I tend to have terrible reads, so that doesn't generally work. Ridiculous. I didn't even know what to do about it half the time. Customs are cool and all, but like I've said before, if they become standard across the board I'm out of this game.

I'll specify no customs for the next time I do matches here. Outside of ranbats I suppose.

Top Bottom