• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

It feels clunky and sluggish because all your actions are supposed to have some real weight behind it. Thus, you have to pick and choose which attacks to use and learn to roll-cancel animations to keep out of harm's way, along with keeping your weapon sheathed to stay mobile. It's why I like it, MonHun feels like I'm dueling the monsters to see who's carcass services the other.

Souls is some lame ass shit though, feels like I'm wielding rocks fighting skeletons and shit I can't get into it. Shouldn't have started as a knight, lol.

Also while thinking about how I play Smash I just learned that Melee Falco is my dude, and I sorely miss those lasers that poke without dat endlag. D: Oh well, Fox with Blaster 2 to the rescue.

Were you fighting the skeletons? DON'T FIGHT THE GODDAMN SKELETONS.
Dark Souls tricks you by making you think you should play slow, block, use a straight sword, and wear armor. When the easiest way to play by far is with a fast weapon and fast roll. Medium roll actually makes the game substantially harder. It's basically a challenge run to play the game with medium roll and a heavy weapon.

And Falco's laser is so dumb now. He might have the longest recovery time of the single shot projectiles and the travel time doesn't make up for it. Sometimes I feel like it can help slow your opponent down and put them in a better position for you to get an off-stage aerial, though.

Artsy Omni just Smashified Shovel Knight. He's the guy responsible for the fake Rayman leak from a while back.

shovel_knight_smashified_by_hextupleyoodot-d8l6hqk.png

Screw Rayman, I would lose my shit if this was real. This is so legit. I love what this guy is doing!

I thought Beef played the Sprout card well, and I still got in on him quite a bit during our matches. I felt like the key was leaving the area he placed the Sprout in. It's too hard to fight around it, so step back and make him come to you. I feel like if I an go 5-2 against the Sprout using Bowser, and it's my first experience against it, other players should be able to cope.

Ricky 7

I'm starting to see a lot of Ness's online, are people bandwagon jumping or something? Majority of people I've played can't even recover with him and rely on the Down Throw to F-Air and PK Fire. Did someone win a tournament with him recently to make so many people choose him?

FSLink

Banned
It was talked about by ZeRo in the video Karsticles posted a few posts above mine. Basically the sprout villager plants does damage (not sure how much) and trips the opponent, it stays immobile but the opponent has no way of manipulating it. You can't even roll through it so it buffs villager's control space considerably. It stays like 15-20 seconds as well so it's fairly long and doesn't take long to plant. The only downside is that when you water the tree it has a lot less hp so it'll die easily, but there's little reason to opt for a tree when you have a killer sprout on the lose. I guess you also lose consistent axe use but lol who cares.

Default axe that is fast, can be B-Reversed and can kill at like 120%. The axe is much weaker with that custom and doesn't have any kill power.

Just make Villager approach you (unless you're a character like Bowser or something...you might as well counterpick). I do think the custom is great and makes some of his matchups even better, but I don't think it's anywhere near broken like some communities do lol, or at least it's way too early to say.

I'm starting to see a lot of Ness's online, are people bandwagon jumping or something? Majority of people I've played can't even recover with him and rely on the Down Throw to F-Air and PK Fire. Did someone win a tournament with him recently to make so many people choose him?

I dunno, I think people finally figured out that Ness is pretty easy to pick up. Also keep in mind his recovery is F-tier online lol.

Boney

Banned
I'd love to have more experience with the sprout and I don't think there should be any bannings especially this early. My only fear is the lack of balance patches because that's when you have the community decide what is deemed acceptable in a game and it's a weird form of censorship.

It's an insane move definately and makes a good character into a great one, but he still wouldn't become Shiek or diddy tier even if he's close, so if other characters are better there's no reason to ban them.

I only wish other characters would get such good moves

I also think falco's laser although not s tier as before are pretty good and allow for enemies to never catch any time to set up anything as Karst talked about earlier, you can't charge anything and makes enemies obligated to confront you. They're also good at interrupting approaches if used smartly and limiting your opponents options, plus they can gimp characters out of their second jump

It was talked about by ZeRo in the video Karsticles posted a few posts above mine. Basically the sprout villager plants does damage (not sure how much) and trips the opponent, it stays immobile but the opponent has no way of manipulating it. You can't even roll through it so it buffs villager's control space considerably. It stays like 15-20 seconds as well so it's fairly long and doesn't take long to plant. The only downside is that when you water the tree it has a lot less hp so it'll die easily, but there's little reason to opt for a tree when you have a killer sprout on the lose. I guess you also lose consistent axe use but lol who cares.

It'd be like Snake not being able to trigger his explosives and they don't do damage to him either. Just nuts. Zero also mentioned how "there's talks" into banning certain custom moves but it's just someone mentioning how op it is.

Also mon Hun is Amazing, but no money to buy it

"eh you lose a great kill move, who cares"

Boney

Banned
"eh you lose a great kill move, who cares"
Between that and the sprout? And it's not like you don't have rather than the tree just has less hp so the enemy can kill it faster. It's easier to get a trip or get a hard read and get a bowling ball

Default axe that is fast, can be B-Reversed and can kill at like 120%. The axe is much weaker with that custom and doesn't have any kill power.

Just make Villager approach you (unless you're a character like Bowser or something...you might as well counterpick). I do think the custom is great and makes some of his matchups even better, but I don't think it's anywhere near broken like some communities do lol, or at least it's way too early to say.

I dunno, I think people finally figured out that Ness is pretty easy to pick up. Also keep in mind his recovery is F-tier online lol.
He gets a weaker axe? Shame but that's ok in my book. But not many characters can outzone villager and make him come to you.

It's play style, really. I prefer custom saplings since I rarely use axe even with default trees because the damn thing has awful recovery. I'll probably have to rely on it for matchups where sapling isn't an issue though.

Tripon

Isn't that a lot more entrants than blazblue and KoF ever gotten? Don't really pay attention to entrant numbers.

Either way congrats. I wonder what the cap going to be.
Outside of this year, only SFIV or Marvel has broken past 1K. So yeah, its more than KoF and Blazblue.

Good games DQ, thanks for the sparring session! Before I can get to know customs Falco, I need to understand default Falco.

Also, the Palutena matchup is way more difficult with customs! That Super Speed made me feel like I was fighting Sonic with an invincible dash attack. :(

Good games DQ, thanks for the sparring session! Before I can get to know customs Falco, I need to understand default Falco.

Also, the Palutena matchup is way more difficult with customs! That Super Speed made me feel like I was fighting Sonic with an invincible dash attack. :(
Ggs, true super speed is OP but if you block it you can punish it (at least the shield version I think i need to exploit the air version). But I think falco's normals outclass all of Palutena's ground game, and it varies with her jab. Except in the air Palutena wins so I guess I have to focus on short hop f-airs and the like.

Plus I think I should drop super speed for reflect in that matchup and maybe pick up auto reticle, because that forces you to come to me. Probably better that way in that matchup.
Now that I think about it, super speed autoreticle sounds probably better, explosive flame doesn't seem to work as well.

FSLink

Banned
It's play style, really. I prefer custom saplings since I rarely use axe even with default trees because the damn thing has awful recovery. I'll probably have to rely on it for matchups where sapling isn't an issue though.

Yeah, I do too but I do think the hype is overblown.

Boney

Banned

You still up or do you want a break?

Boney

Banned
I think my internet is crappy today but we could play!
Oh great, alright I'll set up the room, we're friends right?
I'm gonna go ahead and count that as an official win :p

And the connection is so smooth, we should play like always damn

Man apex screw attack, like when it wants to, is so nuts. Just killed Yoshi at 74% after the hit with an oos up b. and I didn't have any rage

Anyone want to play? I am taking a break from studying chemistry. For Glory gave me some loser that called me a 1 trick pony when he lost, despite him playing Pikachu and Dedede.

Masked Man

I said wow
I haven't experimented too much without reflect versus projectile heavy characters. But I'd probably use reflect against link still b/c fuck link :p. But super speed allows you to close the distance pretty well (and if you do your shield dash attack it nullifies projectiles so like a projectile counter :p)... I wish we could have both.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the Links, lol. I'll probably run Reflect against those two and other projectile users like Villager and Samus.

I agree, though: I had kind of hoped we would be able to select any four of Palu's twelve specials and implement them as we like.

Been running Explosive Flame. Finding it useful for catching rolls, tech chases and occasionally edgeguarding. But I've had some issues with people rushing though it and punishing, but that was an issue I had with Autoreticle as well. All the same just got to better at spacing it properly.

Yeah, I feel that EF requires a little more foresight since it's more stationary than AR, but the fact that it can eat through shields gives it the edge in my book.

Boney

Banned
Alright man, good games. I hate fucking Yoshi and I had fun playing yours. Can't believe I got hit by so many eggs, was having a hard time getting through them. But good use of poking attacks and hard hitting up smashes. Didn't see you use much of fsmash and dtilt which are pretty good attacks in my opinion.

Cool stuff, I'm getting really bad with pit because I've been neglecting him and that sucks. Oh well

Thanks for the games, Tipster! Really enjoyed them. I hate when I can't get the kill so much, haha. :p Liking the Megaman a lot, hard for me to get through your wall sometimes. I thought Burning Spin Dash would go through the Metal Blade, but thought wrong. Will probably stick with that Spin Dash custom.

If you still want to play, I should be free in 20 minutes!

Top Bottom