• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Falawful

I need to play someone in ranbat bracket 2. Falawful and I played only one game out of 5. He said he had to run, I'm gonna PM him and try to arrange it again because he hasn't followed up with me since. My NID is Triforceofwisdom and I'll be on tonight.

I actually did try to at one point when I saw you online in my friend list a couple days ago. Nevertheless, sorry we haven't been able to coordinate since then. Hopefully you can get another player from B2 because I don't think I'll be available the next couple days.

Cronox

Banned
Um, well the more you know! Eheh, I guess lack of communication really hurt huh? Um, I think there actually is an indicator -- if you're transmitting voice, that mic icon in the corner will have a speech bubble containing an exclamation point. I couldn't speak though because my gamepad was right in front of the TV and I was too lazy to go get it, lol. Better invest in Turtle Beaches!

Yeah but you didn't hear what I said, right? I turned the button on, but if I speak and it doesn't come out of your tv speakers it's pretty much useless.

EulaCapra

So.... I need to see some more Lucario nerfs. I thought he needed a few more than just his Up-B just for 1v1.

But me and a friend have been playing sixteen 4-Player and sixteen 8-player matches without items with CPU's with all of the characters and I've noticed that he'll never place last in 4-Players and he'll never place fifth or lower in 8-Players. In Stock or in Time, he's ALWAYS hovering between 2nd and 3rd. The other characters always fluctuate between top and bottom and it's getting annoying.

Meanwhile, poor CPU Jigglypuff has no place in 8-Players. :( Followed closely by Olimar.

Clefargle

I actually did try to at one point when I saw you online in my friend list a couple days ago. Nevertheless, sorry we haven't been able to coordinate since then. Hopefully you can get another player from B2 because I don't think I'll be available the next couple days.

That's cool, I'll keep looking.

Posting for new page:

I need to play someone in ranbat bracket 2. Falawful and I played only one game out of 5. My NID is Triforceofwisdom and I'll be on tonight.

Yeah but you didn't hear what I said, right? I turned the button on, but if I speak and it doesn't come out of your tv speakers it's pretty much useless.

Oh, um yeah I'd need to turn on voice chat myself to hear you. '~' Perhaps we should begin to question SmashGAF on whether voice chat is a yay or nay thing.

Moondrop

Banned
Haven't played in a while. Do we still have to choose between a smash c-stick that compromises our aerial attacks or an aerial c-stick? Which are people choosing?

Haven't played in a while. Do we still have to choose between a smash c-stick that compromises our aerial attacks or an aerial c-stick? Which are people choosing?

The former is worked around by flicking the c-stick, the latter makes tilts more convenient to choose so I find uses for both. Personally though, my muscle memory has chosen the former.

Man, these challenges are getting kind of annoying. Currently at 95 of them so I still have a ways to go though I have done well considering I got it for christmas. Anyone have any tips to getting perfect in stage 3 of target blast?

Moondrop

Banned
The former is worked around by flicking the c-stick, the latter makes tilts more convenient to choose so I find uses for both. Personally though, my muscle memory has chosen the former.
The smash stick doesn't lock out all movement after an aerial if the input is quick enough? I tested this fairly extensively before; unfortunately I'm away from my system for a while.

The smash stick doesn't lock out all movement after an aerial if the input is quick enough? I tested this fairly extensively before; unfortunately I'm away from my system for a while.

I've been doing this almost exclusively in SSB4. Basically, just flick the stick and your momentum will not be affected, I can guarantee that. Either that, or there's such a minute effect on momentum that it's virtually unnoticeable and doesn't change anything in the grand scheme of things.

So.... I need to see some more Lucario nerfs. I thought he needed a few more than just his Up-B just for 1v1.

But me and a friend have been playing sixteen 4-Player and sixteen 8-player matches without items with CPU's with all of the characters and I've noticed that he'll never place last in 4-Players and he'll never place fifth or lower in 8-Players. In Stock or in Time, he's ALWAYS hovering between 2nd and 3rd. The other characters always fluctuate between top and bottom and it's getting annoying.

Meanwhile, poor CPU Jigglypuff has no place in 8-Players. :( Followed closely by Olimar.
You are speaking in jest, yes?

That's cool, I'll keep looking.

Posting for new page:

I need to play someone in ranbat bracket 2. Falawful and I played only one game out of 5. My NID is Triforceofwisdom and I'll be on tonight.
I can play you tomorrow at 1pm CMT.

Got this for Christmas.

The only other Smash I had played previously was Brawl on Wii, and I tried my best to get into it, but it never happened, and I haven't played a smash game since.

Figured I'd give it one more try with the WiiU version and......so far I'm diggin' it!

Don't know what it was that finally clicked, but I fine myself wanting to get better at it, which brings me to my question, is there a consensus on what are the better or best resources for new smash player to learn how to increase their skills?

I'm dabbled with the practice mode, but it doesn't seem to give much at all about more advanced techniques, etc.

Wurst

We've been having a Smash Reunion Party with an old friend of mine yesterday.. We played Melee like maniacs back in the day.

Smash4/5 brought back the fun, but we really missed the (offline) tournament mode. Nothing better than seeing a friend awkwardly losing against a level 9 computer :)
Really hope they will implement it soon..

one_kill

Got this for Christmas.

The only other Smash I had played previously was Brawl on Wii, and I tried my best to get into it, but it never happened, and I haven't played a smash game since.

Figured I'd give it one more try with the WiiU version and......so far I'm diggin' it!

Don't know what it was that finally clicked, but I fine myself wanting to get better at it, which brings me to my question, is there a consensus on what are the better or best resources for new smash player to learn how to increase their skills?

I'm dabbled with the practice mode, but it doesn't seem to give much at all about more advanced techniques, etc.
Watch videos of pros analysing characters you want to use and tournament matches featuring those characters

Hahah that fuckin dog man. At least it's cute about it though, unlike Nightmare.

:) I'm glad we had fun, but man, working with the Pro controller is a pain considering how I've played Brawl with a Gamecube controller..I really need to get me a Gamecube adaptor when stores restocks these next month.

Boy do I miss Brawl Lucario. Don't get me wrong, I love the buffs he got in Sm4sh, but I'd almost be willing to trade them all to get his Brawl normals back.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really mind that unlocked characters don't transfer over from the 3DS version, but I don't think I can be arsed to do the duplicate single player content all over again (target blast and homerun etc) for the challenges.

JoeInky

I heard something about the shoulder buttons where people harvested L+R buttons from old controllers to improve on the Smash edition. Any knowledge of this?

It wouldn't surprise me, the triggers on the smash edition are awful and it's why I've stopped using it.

MrDaravon

Shitty record.. Lol

deNmXid.jpg

How on earth do you get to this specific stat screen? Just tried for like 10 minutes and I can't get to any screen in records that breaks it down like that. Honestly for someone who is completely new to the series the menus and all of their crazy layers is mildly infuriating. Like I see there's a Challenge for doing Cruel Smash; I have literally no idea what this is and I didn't see it anywhere. I'm sure it all makes sense once you know it inside and out, but it's pretty annoying at the moment.

the most bizarre thing about for glory is the disparate win ratios i get with my characters compared to playing GAF.

My yoshi has a near 100% win ratio in for glory, but not even close to that vs GAF.

On the other hand, my ganon seems to have the best track record with GAF, but only ~70% in for glory.

(that stat screen is hidden in the online section next to 1v1 for glory mode)

emb

How on earth do you get to this specific stat screen? Just tried for like 10 minutes and I can't get to any screen in records that breaks it down like that. Honestly for someone who is completely new to the series the menus and all of their crazy layers is mildly infuriating. Like I see there's a Challenge for doing Cruel Smash; I have literally no idea what this is and I didn't see it anywhere. I'm sure it all makes sense once you know it inside and out, but it's pretty annoying at the moment.
The menus are really weird, and don't make sense sometimes (even for someone who has played every previous game). Don't sweat it.

That screen is from the online. Iirc you choose Online > With Anyone > For Glory > Records.

For cruel smash et al, you need to look under Games and more, then 1P or 2P, then Stadium, then Multi-Man Smash. Or something like that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've been trying to get that last hat for almost a week and a half now.

I'm starting to despair.

Seriously? I guess I really got lucky with my last hat then. Here is my old post from first thread.

Hmm, I think I have an interesting theory that some people probably would like to try. I think there might be a way to increase your odd to get new headgears.

Don't try to clear challenge with headgear reward (Mainly Classic 7.0) until you got ALL headgears in the wild since it might increase your chance to get new headgears. I presume it's because reward headgear wouldn't take a part of rng until you unlocked it, and the drop ratio will be slightly higher due to the fact that you are not looking for last hat.

Weirdly enough, I got all headgears without trying so hard. Actually, last hat was only hat that I actually trying to grind for but it just popped up for me under than 45 minutes or so.

Puruzi

Banned
the most bizarre thing about for glory is the disparate win ratios i get with my characters compared to playing GAF.

My yoshi has a near 100% win ratio in for glory, but not even close to that vs GAF.

On the other hand, my ganon seems to have the best track record with GAF, but only ~70% in for glory.

(that stat screen is hidden in the online section next to 1v1 for glory mode)

Most players on for glory are bad tbh.
Players in a dedicated community are almost always better than randoms.

Anyone wanna 1v1? ID in profile

Top Bottom