• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Yeah, Charizard's is a little better than Bowser's. Especially his customs, which are great. :-/
Wait, charizard's neutral b? Live the regular but which custom are you talking about? The long range one has to commit to three shots and that just makes it a sitting duck, granted I've never used it in a match and it might have some uses but flamethrower just seems better. Fire fang seems like a joke

Wait, charizard's neutral b? Live the regular but which custom are you talking about? The long range one has to commit to three shots and that just makes it a sitting duck, granted I've never used it in a match and it might have some uses but flamethrower just seems better. Fire fang seems like a joke
I haven't messed with Fire Fang, but I imagine it rocks shields.

The 3x burst version has HUGE range, which makes it great for gimping and countering projectiles. It's like the good version of Fire Roar.

Ricky 7

Yeah Charizard's Fireball Cannon is better than people make it out to be. Dedede can't do much against it since it reflects his Gordos and his slow speed makes it hard to avoid.

FSLink

Banned
cac.gif

Amiibos are ridiculous.

cac.gif

Amiibos are ridiculous.
Lmao, that's just Serious Karsticles, only fightable when Karsticles decides to take matters into his own hands and buff Bowser himself.

Holy shit after rewatching it the Amiibo fucking planned it out, he tossed it up knew it was gonna hit him, went for the Koopa Klaw and went straight up, then when the thing blew up immediate bair for the kill.

Jesus fuck

Boney

Banned
An amiibo should challenge evo's winner

You know what I hate the most about ness? Not that ko grab, not the pk thunder, not the charge shot eating pk fire, it's that damn up air

cac.gif

Amiibos are ridiculous.

HOLY HELL. What a time to come in to the thread.

So I've decided that as my way of getting back into Smash I'm going to start trying to get as many of the Trophies as I can. Particularly, working through the special unlock ones.

How screwed am I?

HOLY HELL. What a time to come in to the thread.

So I've decided that as my way of getting back into Smash I'm going to start trying to get as many of the Trophies as I can. Particularly, working through the special unlock ones.

How screwed am I?

There are approximately over 600 trophies in the Wii U version, and only a fraction of them can be purchased at the shop. The rest is through random chance grinding it out in the various modes, like Trophy Rush.

Then there are the individual character trophies for clearing Classic and All-Star with a character. Meaning if you want every trophy you'll have to play those modes 52 times each.

Good luck.

Boney

Banned
At least amiibos have super human reflexes and equipment. Karst doesn't have that so we're (somewhat) safe.

Anybody wanna play?

Boney

Banned
Sure, I can. Could you host?
Right, give me 3 minutes
Alright, hosting

Right, I've seen that Gabon up b that hits there, still my reaction was, lol wut

I said it before, but Pit is a fantastic counter pick for villager. Arm goes through the little trip sapling, reflects Lloyds and hits the villager, orbitars can reflect anything and he's fast with good disjointed hit boxes

FluxWaveZ

I said it before, but Pit is a fantastic counter pick for villager. Arm goes through the little trip sapling, reflects Lloyds and hits the villager, orbitars can reflect anything and he's fast with good disjointed hit boxes

Yeah, it seemed like it. Interesting.

There are approximately over 600 trophies in the Wii U version, and only a fraction of them can be purchased at the shop. The rest is through random chance grinding it out in the various modes, like Trophy Rush.

Then there are the individual character trophies for clearing Classic and All-Star with a character. Meaning if you want every trophy you'll have to play those modes 52 times each.

Good luck.
Well, more like 26 times each... There's co op yo.

I've already got around 400 trophies without particularly trying, and I can have my Amiibos beat the snot out of each other for hours on end to fill up many of the random drop ones, so its mainly the crazy hard challenge trophies that give me pause. I've got about half of the classic mode trophies from about two hours of smacking it around with my buddy, so mostly challenges and some cleanup shop trophies.

Boney

Banned
Nice mirror matches there :)

I clearly meant to fast fall there heh

In case you didn't know, you should hold down b when firing thoron and it'll do twice the damage and do a lot more knockback and stay out a bit longer, so if you're hitting it, hold b

I was watching taunt compilations. Wolf had some great taunts. Bowser's roar has been downgraded big time. Peach's "Sweet!" was best in Melee.

Also, I forgot that Melee only had one taunt per character. Which means Mewtwo will also get two new taunts. :O

Yep, there's even an in game tip but it only says it'll go longer or something but it definately ups it's power. I thought it was terrible until I remembered to hold b and tada! It's a good move
:-O

Boney

Banned
Surprised you guys didn't know that. It's actually a pretty good kill move if you hold down b at around 130%

Also I loved Wolf because how animal he was compared to lil fox

Hmm that ganon's side b that hits really shrinks his hit box

Stop gimping me pls

Master sword should deal critical damage to Ganon.

Top Bottom