• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Going to make breakfast but I will put this out now in case it takes awhile to find someone, lol, but if anyone would like to 1v1 let me know

Whoops. Forgot Sonic side b is a horrible recovery move :p

WTF has PK Thunder always been that strong?

I've never been so humiliated by a WFT :\

Sorry I wasn't much of a challenge...

What's the best alternative? Grabbing?

Each character has their own unique options for approaching and avoiding attacks that don't require rolling. Specifically you need to work on your short hop game, learning how to harass, and don't be so formulaic with your approaches. My suggestion would be to pick the characters you like, and watch some tourney videos of others playing them, and really pay attention to how they are moving and approaching

Each character has their own unique options for approaching and avoiding attacks that don't require rolling. Specifically you need to work on your short hop game, learning how to harass, and don't be so formulaic with your approaches. My suggestion would be to pick the characters you like, and watch some tourney videos of others playing them, and really pay attention to how they are moving and approaching

The Hamburger hath thus spoken

What's the best alternative? Grabbing?

Grabs, Block, sidesteps, just running away to assess the situation, neutral attacks, d-smashes.

What I've learned after trying to stop my rolling habit is that rolls force you into an engagement when you might already have overstayed on that engagement and need to re-position. Especially since some characters have advantage over others in the rolling game it's best never to commit to rolling for too long. Rolls can be punished way too easily by better players which I started noticing when others roll a lot on me. I just make them roll into a smash or something.

Ahh great, got disconnected again. Well, I'm feeling tired anyways and I want to watch some of those matches to think about them. Good games, Puruzi! I really admire how you can use so many characters.

Thank you, you are quite kind. Thanks to our matches I feel like I have a clearer view of how I should playing Lucina while I'm also realizing her limitations. Shields are deadly and spacing well (and being in the right direction) are so important. I really need to be faster at reacting to situations. :/

I feel so lost with Toon Link though. Even though I've been using him longer than Lucina it's like his game plan feels foreign to me. I don't know if I've been playing too much For Glory but I seriously feel like I'm just not using his projectiles (especially the bomb) right at all.

Puruzi

Banned
Thank you, you are quite kind. Thanks to our matches I feel like I have a clearer view of how I should playing Lucina while I'm also realizing her limitations. Shields are deadly and spacing well (and being in the right direction) are so important. I really need to be faster at reacting to situations. :/

I feel so lost with Toon Link though. Even though I've been using him longer than Lucina it's like his game plan feels foreign to me. I don't know if I've been playing too much For Glory but I seriously feel like I'm just not using his projectiles (especially the bomb) right at all.

You used them really well in that one match on omega wrecking crew, I got bopped that game

JulianImp

I'm still wary of my input lag, but I guess I'm open to playing a few matches online in case it works out (1v1, teams, whatever). NNID's JulianImp

Top Bottom