• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Hey guys. :) So um there's more teams now it seems, but I want you guys to know that you'll have to let me know through the sign-up form if you have a partner, as that's the easiest way for me to check when it comes time for bracket-making! Of course, you could also PM me, but the form automates things and makes life easier so yeah. :)

Just to help you guys out, quote the post to see the link to the form! Oh, and if you guys have questions about the rules (say, what the current stage list is looking like) feel free to ask.

It should be around here...

Do you want us to submit again if we've chosen a partner after filling this out the first time?

Assuming that was our last game karst? Ggs then.. I need to stop being too predictable in this game.. Anyone else want to play some 1v1s? nnid:direct_quote

TS Palu vs Link
TS Palu vs Yoshi
TS Rosa vs Sonic
TS Rosa vs Falco
IA Yoshi vs Lucina (That's why Halberd shouldn't be legal!)
TS Lucina vs Link

GGs! Those last two were intense.

TWILT

Banned
Damn, did I miss the 2v2s calling? D: That's what I get for watching so much FMABrotherhood lately...I still need a partner for the tourney (I'll PM later FSLink if he still wants to do it since he asked me first, but if not, I'd like to take SoldnerKei on his offer if he'd still like to do it.)

Anyone wanna play some 1v1s before I head to bed btw? Mostly wanna continue practicing with customs.

SoldnerKei

Damn, did I miss the 2v2s calling? D: That's what I get for watching so much FMABrotherhood lately...I still need a partner for the tourney (I'll PM later FSLink if he still wants to do it since he asked me first, but if not, I'd like to take SoldnerKei on his offer if he'd still like to do it.)

Anyone wanna play some 1v1s before I head to bed btw? Mostly wanna continue practicing with customs.

of course I would ~

and I am available to play if you wanna practice

The below ranbat players have not yet played a single match:
Steve Youngblood
JCX

Everyone should have 2 matched done by today.

JCX pm'd me today, but I saw the message after the hour he was available, dunno if he was able to play agaist someone else, iirc I think he had his match with Wake already

my bad, apparently it was against SalvaPot

The below ranbat players have not yet played a single match:
Steve Youngblood
JCX

Everyone should have 2 matched done by today.

I know JCX has been reaching out to me and other Bracket 3 people to play but our schedules haven't aligned in my case. :( I'll make an attempt to play him and Masked Man this week.

Speaking of, I plan on using our ranbat match as a way of seeing how well Masked Man and I gel together, since he did specifically request me. If things don't work out internet-wise, well I'll be available for that odd-man-out if there is one. :)

Can I use lvl 9 luigi? Lol

Anyone up for some matches?

Even if it were possible to use CPU players online, I don't know if Luigi would be the best computer partner lol. My choice would probably be Pikachu or Link.

Whoever gets TWILT with a partner is blessed.

SoldnerKei

JCX is my only missing one. I couldn't play today when he was avaible.

yeah, my bad, seems it was Salva the one who played against him, I edited my post

alrght TWILT, just give me 5 min before I go
edit: ok ready to go TWILT

man that was so melee lol

TWILT

Banned
Hmm, I think I really like that custom set for Shulk. Gonna practice with it more...

Also, can't hit me with that neutral B twice :p

Holy crap some of the off-stage shenanigans that guy pulled off. Game 2 and 3 endings were crazy.

Yeah, I was crazy frustrated during those first 3 games (I think it shows in those games too). Me picking Pit was basically me trying to think of a new approach since I had been working on him for a little while and clearly Villager wasn't working at the moment.

jnWake

Yeah, I was crazy frustrated during those first 3 games (I think it shows in those games too). Me picking Pit was basically me trying to think of a new approach since I had been working on him for a little while and clearly Villager wasn't working at the moment.

Yeah, but you were better later. I loved the double Gyroid haha. I'd like to play you sometime. It'd be interesting!

GGs DQ. You are improving a ton. That Palutena is really good and crazy hard to hit

I love hearing this praise for DQ, my mental image of him is some Negative Nancy who always sighs deeply whenever he's using Palutena while listening to Drake even when he's going in hard. :p

DQ you've been making serious strides in your game since I first played you all those...months ago, I guess. Keep repping your goddess and Robin (and shitty Marth gender swap!)

Yah I guess what you do when you use it offensively would work well. Do you use auto-reticle and lightweight too?
Against Link?

I never really got into Lightweight, though I think it's probably your best option. I was just too lazy to master the skill.

Auto-reticle can be nice for counterlink Link (hop over Boomerang and fire), but he can also just stand there and auto-block it, so it can't be the amazing harassing tool you want it to be.

I love hearing this praise for DQ, my mental image of him is some Negative Nancy who always sighs deeply whenever he's using Palutena while listening to Drake even when he's going in hard. :p

DQ you've been making serious strides in your game since I first played you all those...months ago, I guess. Keep repping your goddess and Robin (and shitty Marth gender swap!)
Lol, sounds about right except it'd be some kind of mellow sounding Indie band. Eventually I'll go even with Tipster/Shamrock/etc, or rage quit the game :p... I do think I should pick a higher tier secondary, but none of the top tiers are aesthetically appealing to me beyond Sheik (who has trouble ko'ing like the other characters I play so eh). At least Robin can be pretty fun in 2v2 because he/she has some good ways to help his/her teammate. But thanks for the compliment :<

Against Link?

I never really got into Lightweight, though I think it's probably your best option. I was just too lazy to master the skill.

Auto-reticle can be nice for counterlink Link (hop over Boomerang and fire), but he can also just stand there and auto-block it, so it can't be the amazing harassing tool you want it to be.
I've sort of started using light weight more, can kind of be fun for off stage play and spikes, because Palutena can get back safely... Just super hard to control. If you could move/control explosive flame like other projectiles it would be the obvious choice...

Lol, sounds about right except it'd be some kind of mellow sounding Indie band. Eventually I'll go even with Tipster/Shamrock/etc, or rage quit the game :p... I do think I should pick a higher tier secondary, but none of the top tiers are aesthetically appealing to me beyond Sheik (who has trouble ko'ing like the other characters I play so eh). At least Robin can be pretty fun in 2v2 because he/she has some good ways to help his/her teammate. But thanks for the compliment :<

I've sort of started using light weight more, can kind of be fun for off stage play and spikes, because Palutena can get back safely... Just super hard to control. If you could move/control explosive flame like other projectiles it would be the obvious choice...
I saw a non-spike Palu kill off stage at 60% because of Lightweight. Stick with it. The video is on the Palutena boards.

I can't handle characters that change attributes during play. My brain just doesn't process it well. Lightweight is probably beyond me. Also, if you have Jump Glide, she doesn't benefit or suffer from Lightweight in that state. So you can still be offensively strong during the comedown.

Also, never give up. Balance patches are coming. Hopefully some speedy characters get toned down a bit, like Sonic and Mii Fighter.

I'm not on their level or something, gotta put me in as "etc."? ;__; Nah, just kidding I understand you. Stick with the characters you have fun playing as, and don't stress about having a top tier secondary unless you really wanna get competitive, you know? Do you plan to enter any tournaments irl? It would be fun playing you at an actual tourney, or other GAF friends for that matter. :)

SoldnerKei

thanks for the new trick TWILT, never thought of doing something like that with the dair and bombs stuff

time to go Melia... I mean Shulk

TWILT

Banned
yeah, I noticed that xD
pretty cool stuff anyway

and man, my shulk looks like a turtle compared to yours xD
how can I really feel it?!

Go for more BAirs. It's hella good lol

Also shoot I picked the wrong stage by accident ahhh please don't pick mine EDIT: oh it didn't good

SoldnerKei

Go for more BAirs. It's hella good lol

Also shoot I picked the wrong stage by accident ahhh please don't pick mine

man, you sure love fast moving characters xD
gonna pick Link, wanna try my luck against a good pikachu
then OTP ZSS, for brawl story mode times sake

Top Bottom