• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I'm not on their level or something, gotta put me in as "etc."? ;__; Nah, just kidding I understand you. Stick with the characters you have fun playing as, and don't stress about having a top tier secondary unless you really wanna get competitive, you know? Do you plan to enter any tournaments irl? It would be fun playing you at an actual tourney, or other GAF friends for that matter. :)
At this point the characters are different enough (and i like their designs a lot) that I'll probably stick with them regardless of tiers (and I can use that as an excuse for losing right? :p). If I like a character I'll play them regardless of tiers (sorta like you and falco). Would be nice to have worthwhile tilts with Robin and Palutena though....which I don't think will be implemented in a patch. I'm too lazy to enter tournies irl.. Have you entered any? I'd be nice to go to evo this year and meet some Smash gaffers, but I don't know if I want to fork over the cash..

I saw a non-spike Palu kill off stage at 60% because of Lightweight. Stick with it. The video is on the Palutena boards.

I can't handle characters that change attributes during play. My brain just doesn't process it well. Lightweight is probably beyond me. Also, if you have Jump Glide, she doesn't benefit or suffer from Lightweight in that state. So you can still be offensively strong during the comedown.

Also, never give up. Balance patches are coming. Hopefully some speedy characters get toned down a bit, like Sonic and Mii Fighter.
Lol playing Mii Fighters sometimes I'm surprised at their mobility. Zoom zoom zoom all over the screen. But Yah I hope there's some balance patch but unfortunately they are patching an exploit with super speed down the road right? I don't think celestial fire works is really good either so it's a why not have light weight because counter isn't that reliable.. Sometimes it is though..

At this point the characters are different enough that I'll probably stick with them regardless of tiers (and I can use that as an excuse for losing right? :p). If I like a character I'll play them regardless of tiers (sorta like you and falco). I'm too lazy to enter tournies irl.. Have you entered any? I'd be nice to go to evo this year and meet some Smash gaffers, but I don't know if I want to fork over the cash..

Lol playing Mii Fighters sometimes I'm surprised at their mobility. Zoom zoom zoom all over the screen. But Yah I hope there's some balance patch but unfortunately they are patching an exploit with super speed down the road right? I don't think celestial fire works is really good either so it's a why not have light weight because counter isn't that reliable.. Sometimes it is though..
I wouldn't doubt it. Do you mean the momentum retention when you jump cancel it into Up Smash?

SoldnerKei

Pikachu, you and Samus are friends y u do dis?!

ok, that was a pretty lame last match... could we do this again? lol
edit: thanks xD

Neoxon

GAF_Star-Lord was too big of a tag for Aftershock, so I just had to go with Star-Lord. I may wear something to tip you guys off if I'm on the stream.

I'm gonna be playing PM & Smash 4.

SoldnerKei

ok, didn't know pikachu's dash attack could kill you like that!

as usual Great Games TWILT, always a pleasure to fight your lighting Shulk and hyper dittos with you, first time against your Pikachu thou which iirc you're maining him too now, it was good experience

TWILT

Banned
GGs Kei! Fun matches as usual; a lot of goofy stuff happened. I actually don't get to play against good ZSS' often with Pikachu, so that was fun. :p I don't think LinkvsPikachu is that bad of a matchup, since Link can outrange/poke Pikachu. Though he's kind of combo food for the mouse and going offstage is the last place you want to be against Pikachu lol

SoldnerKei

GGs Kei! Fun matches as usual; a lot of goofy stuff happened. I actually don't get to play against good ZSS' often with Pikachu, so that was fun. :p I don't think LinkvsPikachu is that bad of a matchup, since Link can outrange/poke Pikachu. Though he's kind of combo food for the mouse and going offstage is the last place you want to be against Pikachu lol

yeah, pretty much this last bit is what gave me more trouble, but indeed, it was still manageable, and going Link for almost all of our games didn't help my ZSS much, I was still on Links mindset lol next time I'll play her more & I'll give you a better challenge with her

again GGs!

Neoxon

So I get to fight the following at Aftershock...

Zero
Dabuz
Axe
Westballz
Ipunchkidsz
Pink Fresh
Wobbles
Redd
Milkman
Eikelmann
TLoc Denti
FX DFW Dakpo
Sethlon
Lunchables
Strong Bad
Ripple
Jason Waterfalls
Nashun
Sosa
Machiavelli

.....Yeah.

Zero
Dabuz
Axe
Westballz
Ipunchkidsz
Pink Fresh
Wobbles
Redd
Milkman
Eikelmann
TLoc Denti
FX DFW Dakpo
Sethlon
Lunchables
Strong Bad
Ripple
Jason Waterfalls
Nashun
Sosa
Machiavelli

.....Yeah.
Wait, pools are up?
and if you actually play all of them in tournament then you'll be in the money lol

Cronox

Banned

Yeesh, this is hard to do consistently. The odds I would pull it off in competitive play on battlefield are low. It doesn't have the intuitive timing of SHADC. Cool that this is something new though. There's also the problem that if you're on the bottom of battlefield leaping towards a platform with the intention of throwing out one of 4 punishable moves, you've probably made a misstep in your battle plan. I keep forgetting to do the thing I'd like to be doing in situations where the opponent is above me on a platform like that - short hop klaws, which catch anyone standing on platforms of battlefield's height. That's not an optimal attack either, but if I miss I'll fall back through the platform, rather than be stuck in accidental airdodge landing lag or otherwise.

In the end it's hard to argue with the utility of usmash, utilt or fair in a situation where you'd want to attack a platform.

Sometimes I still wake up, excited to check for a Smash Pic of the Day. Anyone else like that?

:(

Every day I wake up and check r/Smashbros for a post on Mewtwo being announced

It never happens and probably won't... but I still check. I think it's just a habit from when I used to check every day for the post of the day.

Neoxon

Every day I wake up and check r/Smashbros for a post on Mewtwo being announced

It never happens and probably won't... but I still check. I think it's just a habit from when I used to check every day for the post of the day.
I still feel like checking Miiverse for Smash stuff hoping that a tidbit about Mewtwo is shown.
;_;

Neoxon

I bet that he just got juniored for Fire Emblem x SMT thread being confirmed for 2015 when it was just a wiki source.

It suck since he was going to be Topic Creator for Marvel films so I guess it's going to be Quick now.
I PM'd Seda about that thread & I thought that was the end of it. SteveYoungblood is looking into the situation for me. But for now, it's best that I just move on as normal.

Puruzi

Banned
Is the danger there that someone could edit the page, resulting in a link to inappropriate content?

I never noticed it before, but when Samus finishes charging her charge shot, a gleam appears in her visor at the bottom of the screen.
The gleam happens for everyone with a chargeable move

Zero
Dabuz
Axe
Westballz
Ipunchkidsz
Pink Fresh
Wobbles
Redd
Milkman
Eikelmann
TLoc Denti
FX DFW Dakpo
Sethlon
Lunchables
Strong Bad
Ripple
Jason Waterfalls
Nashun
Sosa
Machiavelli

.....Yeah.

Yeah...good luck with that lineup.

If you lose go out with a bang. Suicide kills ftw!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
bracket 5 ranbat anyone?

i think you're in my group direct quote. I can guarantee you, playing me will make you feel good about your skills!

You know, I actually tried maining her first when I got Sm4sh for 3DS.

Then I tried her tilts.

Someday I'll give her another go, but right now I doubt I'll use her for more than fun secondary battles. :/
Yah she probably has the worst tilts in the game, but her jab and fair , and dash attack are good.. I think sakurai went a little overboard with making sure weapon based characters weren't good because of how oppressive marth could be in melee. Don't know about brawl though..

Doubles tourney?
I'm hosting a little online GAF doubles tourney for fun, interested? :)
Yah she probably has the worst tilts in the game, but her jab and fair , and dash attack are good.. I think sakurai went a little overboard with making sure weapon based characters weren't good because of how oppressive marth could be in melee. Don't know about brawl though..
Oh yeah, I'm not saying she doesn't have any good normals. It's just that since I use tilts often, she needed a completely different playstyle than what I do, and I wasn't about to change for a lady. :T

In Brawl top tier consisted of the masked swordsman, two hammer-wielding Eskimos, the monkey who didn't need no dthrow uair to camp people, a guy with a lot of explosives, and an astronaut who weaponized an entire species of sentient plant life.

Looks like a lot of weapons if you ask me. :p

Yeah, the only time I use Palutena's tilt is when I play someone who spot dodges a lot since the hitbox stays out for so long. Its kind of funny how much the forward tilt eats away a shields but the ending lag will make sure you can never capitalize on it. Also, I like the animation for her up tilt, too bad it is without a doubt my less used move with her.

Top Bottom