• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Can I sign up to the doubles tourney with a CPU partner? :(

Can you even do that? Like, is there an option to turn on cpus online? :O

How am I supposed to handle this? >.>;;; Like, I don't want this to turn into a slippery slope where suddenly everyone's just entering solo with a CPU, that defeats the purpose of doubles. On the other hand, given how Shamrock is just about #1 it almost seems fair to give him an exception, but then there's the issue of characters...

What the hell am I supposed to do??

Can you even do that? Like, is there an option to turn on cpus online? :O

How am I supposed to handle this? >.>;;; Like, I don't want this to turn into a slippery slope where suddenly everyone's just entering solo with a CPU, that defeats the purpose of doubles. On the other hand, given how Shamrock is just about #1 it almost seems fair to give him an exception, but then there's the issue of characters...

What the hell am I supposed to do??

There can only be one CPU on one team in the tourney, just like everyone else can only be in the tourney on one team. Imagine CPU as a Gaf member, and I have chosen him.

Boney

Banned
If he wants to enter with a CPU, then there should be no problem as long as he is the only one.

2 pairs both with a CPU should not be allowed because they could pair up instead.

Weird that there's no one available though :(

I think masked man was looking for a partner a while back, don't know about now though.
I hate doubles as a format, but if Shamrock really can't find a partner then I could try teaming with him if my work schedule permits.
You guys could replicate that villager Ness strat that one team used at apex..

I think using CPUs kind of defeats the purpose of the doubles tourny.

There are still a bunch of people without partners.
I don't think you'll have a problem finding one Shamrock!

There can only be one CPU on one team in the tourney, just like everyone else can only be in the tourney on one team. Imagine CPU as a Gaf member, and I have chosen him.

You know what? I'll allow this. However, here's the deal.

During the week before the tournament launch (should be April 3 if all goes well), I'm going to ask everyone registered to check in with me to ensure they're still ready and willing to play. If there's an odd man out, I'd prefer to ask you to team with that person if possible. This is also where I remove people if they don't check in during the week or don't let me know beforehand due to other obligations, since my understanding is that this is the time of the year for spring break and there are a few people here who take vacay every-so-often.

Of course, to ensure we don't have everyone suddenly entering solo to pair with Shamrock, I'm just gonna pair the spares with each other first to try and get teams set up.

If by this point Shamrock miraculously doesn't have a partner or there's nobody left to pair him with, I'll let the CPU play. Until then though, Shamrock, I recommend you keep your options open at least. I know this is kind of a niche tourney compared to what we had in the past, but we should have enough for everyone to pair up at least.

There, I think I've said everything I wanted to say. :)

edit: Oh, and the form for registering is available by quoting this post. It should be around here...

Sure.

And I am willing to team up with someone in doubles. I would be using Yoshi. If none wants to team up, I am okay with not joining.

I'll team up with ya! Ness/Yoshi will be annoying as hell and I am ready to annoy people for taking away lvl9 cpu luigi :|

Do you want this to be our Ranbats set?

I'll team up with ya! Ness/Yoshi will be annoying as hell and I am ready to annoy people for taking away lvl9 cpu luigi :|

Do you want this to be our Ranbats set?

Does that mean I have to change the bracket now? #Kappa

vsfmGLr.png

I'm insulted team pew pew isn't considered a threat
Huh?

...I had to dig through your posts for a bit, but I'm guessing you mean you're with Tipster? Can he confirm this?
Yah I'd shuffle that bracket around... Pls... :<
It's just a temporary bracket, lol. Seeding isn't set in stone yet, but depending on whether or not Shamrock sticks to his guns with the CPU or finds a partner (really hope it's the latter) I'll have to think really hard about where to place him.

And CPU has chosen DONKEY KONG as his main.

Shamrock wins 5-0. Really not looking like I will even get 1 win this bracket. Good games.

You still want to play?
That's an experience many people have, hang in there.

Yah I'd shuffle that bracket around... Pls... :<
We just need to play lots of teams together. Neither of us are as good as Shamrock, but we can become a better team than Shamrock and whoever his partner is if we work at it.

How are you feeling in terms of Palutena vs. Robin for teams? I think we should make up our minds and stick to one soon.

Shamrock wins 5-0. Really not looking like I will even get 1 win this bracket. Good games.

You still want to play?
It's cool, I haven't won either of my matches. Last season had a lot of freebies.

Honestly I don't even know if I am up for it now. you should try to find someone else.
Woah, what changed?

Boney

Banned
Last game Boney
Fun games, that DK is hellish, super hard to approach and play against. Mario with fast fire balls makes the match up even more annoying and that was a pretty nice pikachu, surprised you only brought him out once.

The Mii fighters were cool but I guess it's hard to get practice with them.
It pisses me off that Mii Gunner is like Samus but with better moves

Puruzi

Banned
GGs Boney, Samus and Pit still really good. I was testing out Mii Swordfighter, it's actually not as bad as I said it was at first, it's pretty fun.
Surprised I managed to snag 2 wins with her tbh.

Boney

Banned
GGs Boney, Samus and Pit still really good. I was testing out Mii Swordfighter, it's actually not as bad as I said it was at first, it's pretty fun.
Surprised I managed to snag 2 wins with her tbh.
Playing against her I didn't thought she was that bad either, has strong aerials, a good jab and some nifty tools with the specials. Horrible smashes though

Top Bottom