• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

We just need to play lots of teams together. Neither of us are as good as Shamrock, but we can become a better team than Shamrock and whoever his partner is if we work at it.

How are you feeling in terms of Palutena vs. Robin for teams? I think we should make up our minds and stick to one soon.

It's cool, I haven't won either of my matches. Last season had a lot of freebies.

Woah, what changed?
I don't know what do you think? I think I do better with Palutena 1v1 when we're each fighting the other opponent, but I do like using thorons and think Robin in general has more to offer team synergy wise (projectile wise). If we practiced you blocking at the right time and me using Thoron might have interesting results... But if I have Palutena with super speed it's hard to gimp her while Robin can be more easily gimped. Plus with Palutena I can rush more easily to your aid when you're fighting someone who has a great off stage game like Rosalina :p.

I don't know what do you think? I think I do better with Palutena 1v1 when we're each fighting the other opponent, but I do like using thorons and think Robin in general has more to offer team synergy wise (projectile wise). If we practiced you blocking at the right time and me using Thoron might have interesting results... But if I have Palutena with super speed it's hard to gimp her while Robin can be more easily gimped. Plus with Palutena I can rush more easily to your aid when you're fighting someone who has a great off stage game like Rosalina :p.
I felt like we were consistently doing better with Palutena. I got friendly KOd much less often, haha. But more importantly, Robin doesn't KO early, but Palutena can. I like that Palutena can save me from a gimp, because that is Bowser's weakness.

We can keep playing with you choosing both, but I liked Palutena more overall. Once you get good with Super Speed, it will be even better.

I would like you to experiment with Auto-Reticle. It is easy to avoid in 1v1, but it could be great for 2v2. Explosive Flame tends to not get a lot of use in doubles, comparatively.

I felt like we were consistently doing better with Palutena. I got friendly KOd much less often, haha. But more importantly, Robin doesn't KO early, but Palutena can. I like that Palutena can save me from a gimp, because that is Bowser's weakness.

We can keep playing with you choosing both, but I liked Palutena more overall. Once you get good with Super Speed, it will be even better.

I would like you to experiment with Auto-Reticle. It is easy to avoid in 1v1, but it could be great for 2v2. Explosive Flame tends to not get a lot of use in doubles, comparatively.
Do you want to play some matches tonight then? I could see auto-reticle being useful..

I found another loser on For Glory. They use blue Yoshi, the same as me, and I switched to Yoshi after they used Olimar to beat Lucario. I won, they picked Yoshi again, I won. They won the next match, barely, and switched their name to SCRUB and left.

Please, someone, play me. I am trapped in the hell that is For Glory.

I found another loser on For Glory. They use blue Yoshi, the same as me, and I switched to Yoshi after they used Olimar to beat Lucario. I won, they picked Yoshi again, I won. They won the next match, barely, and switched their name to SCRUB and left.

Please, someone, play me. I am trapped in the hell that is For Glory.

I need to work on the Yoshi matchup anyway. Do we have each other already?

Yeah we do, I made a room.

jnWake

Good games JCX. It was 5-2 for me.

Your Wii Fit Trainer was a pain in the ass so I switched to my official pain in the ass character: R.O.B.!

I felt you were having trouble with him because you roll quite often so you left yourself open a lot of the time. I liked your Pikachu but you didn't use him much, luckily for me!

EDIT: I finished my ranbats! 2-3, even though I mentally consider my loss against MM as a friendly draw haha. I think I'll stay in Bracket 3.

GGs Namikaze, Yoshi is a hard-as-balls matchup for Doc, even with customs. '~' Fuck, I dreaded being in the air while you were on stage.

Also Omega Wrecking Crew is best because it's got a badass aesthetic and some cool tunes, who wouldn't like fighting on the rooftop of a building scheduled for demolition while jamming to Lip's Theme or Mach Rider?

Omega Mario Galaxy is a close second because of those Wonderful 101 tunes. <3

GGs Namikaze, Yoshi is a hard-as-balls matchup for Doc, even with customs. '~' Fuck, I dreaded being in the air while you were on stage.

Also Omega Wrecking Crew is best because it's got a badass aesthetic and some cool tunes, who wouldn't like fighting on the rooftop of a building scheduled for demolition while jamming to Lip's Theme or Mach Rider?

Naw son MM and Palutena's temple are the best omega stages.

Puruzi

Banned

Yep, best omega.
Anyone wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui. Wanna practice more with my swordfighter and gunner.

I have route 10 on max on that stage, but I listen to my own music while playing anyway.

Ah, I meant Route 209, from Diamond and Pearl. Route 10 is also decent. I cannot stand to not hear the sound effects of the game. I would mess up so much. For example, I can hear when I accidentally use both my jumps. Without the sound, I would die more often from accidental double jumps.

Yeah I choose Kalos as well because the music is so good on that stage

Good choice!

Good games. Your Doc absolutely destroyed my Lucario, it wasn't even funny (well... that one usmash deciding kill was xD). Is your Up-B a guaranteed combo from a throw? If so, at what percents? I eventually tried DI'ing upwards, and I think it worked, but you started using it less. That custom Down-B is crazy; I killed myself so many times just jumping into you while you were using it.

Good games. Your Doc absolutely destroyed my Lucario, it wasn't even funny (well... that one usmash deciding kill was xD). Is your Up-B a guaranteed combo from a throw? If so, at what percents? I eventually tried DI'ing upwards, and I think it would, but you started using it less. That custom Down-B is crazy; I killed myself so many times just jumping into you while you were using it.
Lucario's aura is on some funky shit for sure.

From what I can tell, dthrow -> Up-B 3 is guaranteed only on frame 1, and even then just on low percents. Otherwise the opponent can DI out of it or airdodge. Yeah, when you started DI'ing up I noticed it was more chancey whether I hit it or not, so I had to go with uair instead. I'm gonna find out how to make it inescapable. >:D

Soaring Tornado is love <3
Megaman's stage..

lol I was going through the stages thinking "what abbreviates to MM?"

Y'all be tripping, best Omega is easily Gaur Plains. That Xenoblade music.

Kalos is a close 2nd place though.

That's my 3rd actually!

Top Bottom