• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Man, you are missing a lot of KOs. You can cancel Super Speed into usmash. There were like 4 KOs you could have had against Nabster. Also, you could have shield grabbed his aerials on the platform for a kill.

Well whats the strat moving forward...lol..
I think small adjustments:
-Recognize that Bowser is crazy easy to gimp. There were a few times you ledge trumped me and I got killed. Try to give me a moment to get up first, or Super Speed onto the stage like you usually do.

-Don't treat me like a bad guy. :/

-If I am close up and you are far away, dont dash in. Chill back and space an Explosive Flame or cover the air above me to follow up from Fortress.

-If I charge a Smash for 2 full seconds, move. :p

-Go for Uair kills instead of usmash ones. You like Usmash way too much, even in 1v1. The move is highly situational. Palutena should focus on aerials. Doubly so when teamed with Bowser. Let me cover the ground, and you the air.

-During edge guarding, it might be best to let me take the edge. Fire Breath is good extra damage, and Bowser can reliably cover all but one recovery option - jumping. Back up so Fortress won't hit you, and cover the jump.

Anything you want to add?

Edit: it might even be worthwhile for you to back off and let me go in if you are fighting. Cover me with your invincible shield dash to make my risks more safe.

Also, we need a consistent opener when you are in front of me at the start. Either you back up while I go in, or start with Super Speed. But it needs to be consistent,because I only have half a second to make my decision on what to do. I think Super Speed to start is a good go-to. Pave a path for Bowser. Actually, in situations where you are in front of me, Super Speeding through to sandwich while I follow behind with a grab or Bomb seems like a good idea.

I think small adjustments:
-Recognize that Bowser is crazy easy to gimp. There were a few times you ledge trumped me and I got killed. Try to give me a moment to get up first, or Super Speed onto the stage like you usually do.

-Don't treat me like a bad guy. :/

-If I am close up and you are far away, dont dash in. Chill back and space an Explosive Flame or cover the air above me to follow up from Fortress.

-If I charge a Smash for 2 full seconds, move. :p

-Go for Uair kills instead of usmash ones. You like Usmash way too much, even in 1v1. The move is highly situational. Palutena should focus on aerials. Doubly so when teamed with Bowser. Let me cover the ground, and you the air.

-During edge guarding, it might be best to let me take the edge. Fire Breath is good extra damage, and Bowser can reliably cover all but one recovery option - jumping. Back up so Fortress won't hit you, and cover the jump.

Anything you want to add?

Edit: it might even be worthwhile for you to back off and let me go in if you are fighting. Cover me with your invincible shield dash to make my risks more safe.

Also, we need a consistent opener when you are in front of me at the start. Either you back up while I go in, or start with Super Speed. But it needs to be consistent,because I only have half a second to make my decision on what to do. I think Super Speed to start is a good go-to. Pave a path for Bowser. Actually, in situations where you are in front of me, Super Speeding through to sandwich while I follow behind with a grab or Bomb seems like a good idea.
Uh I dunno at the moment... I guess I need to work on my superspeed kills..

Uh I dunno at the moment... I guess I need to work on my superspeed kills..
It can do all of the following:
Cancel into dash attack (you do this a lot)
Cancel into usmash
Cancel into bair (low %)
Cancel into Uair (high %)
Cancel into grab (almost impossible to react to)

The move is just so damn good. Possibly the best in the game.

It can do all of the following:
Cancel into dash attack (you do this a lot)
Cancel into usmash
Cancel into bair (low %)
Cancel into Uair (high %)
Cancel into grab (almost impossible to react to)

The move is just so damn good. Possibly the best in the game.
I've been trying to to the Uair one which is easier to do than the cancel into usmash imo.. unless I'm doing the usmash timing wrong.

I've been trying to to the Uair one which is easier to do than the cancel into usmash imo.. unless I'm doing the usmash timing wrong.
Honestly, I usually end up doing the usmash due to an execution error when trying to cancel into Uair, lol. I usually prefer Uair because it is more flexible. I noticed you went for the Uair a few times in our matches. IMO, if you want to take her seriously, you should memorize the % at which different follow-ups work on various characters. Just some benchmarks like Dorf, Rosalina, and such.

Honestly, I usually end up doing the usmash due to an execution error when trying to cancel into Uair, lol. I usually prefer Uair because it is more flexible. I noticed you went for the Uair a few times in our matches. IMO, if you want to take her seriously, you should memorize the % at which different follow-ups work on various characters. Just some benchmarks like Dorf, Rosalina, and such.
Might as well she seems like the only viable character out of the bunch I play.. I don't think Robin is going anywhere in the tier list with a patch, and Lucina is the D-tier version of a C-tier character..

edit: Ok ggs Nabster I think I've had enough beatings for today. Fun Marth vs Martha matches, but your off stage game always gets me.. Wish I had that off stage game..

Sucks that the animal crossing stage has awful music, because that's the most played in tournaments... Well I guess no one wants to play right now back to USF4...

I am so sick of all the K.K. Slider music. I used to always pick Smashville, but Omega Kalos is now my go-to. Great music, and nothing in the way of my eggs.

I am up for some more 1v1. Whoever wants to play just make a room and reply to this.

You guys know there's this cool feature called My Music, right? I have all the KK Slider stuff at 0%.

Lately I've been liking Halberd. I still believe it shouldn't be tournament legal, but as long as the community agrees it's ok, I can deal with it, and it's definitely a fun stage. Wuhu is also fun.

Nabster92

Might as well she seems like the only viable character out of the bunch I play.. I don't think Robin is going anywhere in the tier list with a patch, and Lucina is the D-tier version of a C-tier character..

edit: Ok ggs Nabster I think I've had enough beatings for today. Fun Marth vs Martha matches, but your off stage game always gets me..

GG's. Yea playing against another Marth or Lucina is pretty much the only time I can actually use Marth for the most part...You did get me quite a few times with those drop down d-airs though. I should probably sleep now since it's almost 3 AM...

Too risky with Kirby especially since he doesn't get much follow ups outside of bthrow into bair at low percents.

Wow. That's the first time I've had to deal with the hoo-hawing. I now see why it's so frustrating to people.

I think it's silly Diddy can recover after doing his leap special but a lot of characters can't recover after doing their side b...

Yeah Diddy's ridiculous, customs or no.

FSLink

Banned
Wow. That's the first time I've had to deal with the hoo-hawing. I now see why it's so frustrating to people.

People are going to really open their eyes to battering banana as more custom tourneys start up. It's really good.

I think Zero prefers the tripping one but I like the practically guaranteed aerial follow-ups even at high percents.

People are going to really open their eyes to battering banana as more custom tourneys start up. It's really good.

I think Zero prefers the tripping one but I like the practically guaranteed aerial follow-ups even at high percents.

Oh man. WTF. I don't know how to fight Donkey Kong. Might be the first time I've played a DK online.

FSLink

Banned
Oh man. WTF. I don't know how to fight Donkey Kong. Might be the first time I've played a DK online.

Luckily I have experience against it (two Hawaiian players use custom DK here at high level, much better than mine).
The trick is to respect it and DI downwards and try not to air dodge (since you can just wait and upB again). And to fight him with the least amount of platforms.

Hopefully it's enough to get used to DKWill's shenanigans when he comes down here in a few weeks. :p

FSLink

Banned
GGs.

I'm not sure how I feel about that Link upB. I usually use the original upB just for the hitbox while recovering. Also was surprised that Ness's Lucas upB is so good at gimping it.

FSLink

Banned
I haven't ascended to that level of complexity yet :\

Maybe use meteor bombs with it, so you can chase people off and then upB with the more vertical upB.

So 1233? (normal boomerang > Gale Boomerang imo)

11062264_10153143547883827_2833970786252682876_n.jpg
Also this is the image they're using for when DKWill is coming down for some casuals before the tournament. It's so beautiful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
lol that Nintendo Mobile thing is riling everyone's panties.

Nintendo in Steam when?

EDIT: Wrong thread

Maybe use meteor bombs with it, so you can chase people off and then upB with the more vertical upB.

So 1232? (normal boomerang > Gale Boomerang imo)

I haven't completely written off the gale boomerang, as it messes with my opponents' spacing. Most of my best combos work off of gale boomerang.

Also, meteor bomb is 3, not 2, and is what I was using.

entremet

One of my peeves about Smash is playing online randos and how often they switch characters.

Harder to learn matchups that way.

I don't really see this jumping in other fighters.

Top Bottom