• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Yea pretty much. He can throw it at a quicker rate, and it hits coming back. The villager one is a big one, and extremely annoying. Promotes camping. Palutena benefits greatly from customs. She goes from mediocre to pretty good. There are some that don't really benefit much, like Ness
Camping, or strategic defensive decisions? ;-)

Boney

Banned
Is that regular screw attack or a custom? Cause a 23% kill on JP is not just hard counter, it's outright hax lol
Regular. First hit has insane knockback but it doesn't scale much. He was launched straight up so yeah pretty op.
I know you can consistently kill jiggly at 40% at the top platform on battlefield with the first hit so this was a suprise.

Regular. First hit has insane knockback but it doesn't scale much. He was launched straight up so yeah pretty op.
I know you can consistently kill jiggly at 40% at the top platform on battlefield with the first hit so this was a suprise.

All I know is that the moment a JP is at 1 stock, I'm at 2. And they're around 60% I WANT them to use rest on me lol.

I just go for the zelda elevator to punish on respawn lol.

SoldnerKei

I haven't really tried it out. Is it similar to his 64 boomerang, or is unprecedented? Are his meteor bombs as great as they sound?

MB are good, but I like regular bombs more, you can follow up pretty much with anything if they hit and soft throwing is easy to pull off if you wanna slowly drop them off the ledge, also lasting longer makes them more useful to do some mindgames against reflector characters(tilt/smash while holding items), and of course they improve your recovery if you manage to stay in the air until it explodes, that said MB can lead to some unique set ups thou, and you can throw it at them if they attempt to chase you off stage, it will make them think twice.

I run a 1211 Link for customs, so far I am liking him a lot

Elitist!

It's actually wild that we all have that same mindset. I went to my locals last week, and one guy there said that everyone he was playing with at the locals was hard because "we use the block button and stuff". Wut.

Ness can kill me with bthrow madness, grabs are banned too yo!1

a complain I actually heard

Elitist!

It's actually wild that we all have that same mindset. I went to my locals last week, and one guy there said that everyone he was playing with at the locals was hard because "we use the block button and stuff". Wut.

o_O

Might as well make an items only match and all attacks not allowed...
Only pick up items and throwing them/using them.

Wait...Nintendo should do that lol. Leave luck to the RNG rofl.

GGs man. You have a very nice Peach. We really don't have any Peach players around here so stick around!

I almost had you a few times against your Link, but HOLY HELL those Brawler Fairs. I'm surprised I got as close as I did on those fights with Link, I was expecting a repeat of every Sonic fight ever
then you pulled out Brawler.

I almost had you a few times against your Link, but HOLY HELL those Brawler Fairs. I'm surprised I got as close as I did on those fights with Link, I was expecting a repeat of every Sonic fight ever
then you pulled out Brawler.

Yea you did good vs Link. I was trying a few new things with him. I just now have stupidly realized that if you use the grab button for Link's hookshot in the air, there is no landing lag. I had been holding down block and hitting the A button to do it in the air, and for whatever reason that produces landing lag, so I stopped using it.

Yea you did good vs Link. I was trying a few new things with him. I just now have stupidly realized that if you use the grab button for Link's hookshot in the air, there is no landing lag. I had been holding down block and hitting the A button to do it in the air, and for whatever reason that produces landing lag, so I stopped using it.

Is Link your main? You definitely seemed to know how to wreck with him, it was all I could do to try and not get hit your your attacks most of the time. I do still really need to work on my defensive game
and my offensive game.

Is Link your main? You definitely seemed to know how to wreck with him, it was all I could do to try and not get hit your your attacks most of the time. I do still really need to work on my defensive game
and my offensive game.

I main Ness. My secondaries right now are primarily Pac-Man, Mii Brawler, Link, and Wii Fit Trainer. I am picking up Bowser and Jiggly Puff a little more and will prob try out another character or two soon

Boney

Banned

Haha yeah dude all tethers work like this. You can cancel an airdodge with a zair but if you land it you'll get ending lag. If you just press z, no ending lag at all.

Also, if you grab the ledge with a tether you get 9 frames of lag instead of 20 I think. With samus you get a guaranteed trump with back air and even reverse charge shot.

Haha yeah dude all tethers work like this. You can cancel an airdodge with a zair but if you land it you'll get ending lag. If you just press z, no ending lag at all.

Also, if you grab the ledge with a tether you get 9 frames of lag instead of 20 I think. With samus you get a guaranteed trump with back air and even reverse charge shot.

Yea I just never tried it. Unless I am mistaken the tethers didn't work like that in Brawl. I used Links hookshot all the time in brawl.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
PM seemed to fall off at 3.5 a little. Guess it has to do with losing Apex (ie, Nintendo making things quiet), 3.5 nerfing a lot of characters, and Smash 4 getting all the hype around 3.5's release.

I like 3.5 better though. Seems more grounded. But RIP Mewtwo.

Link still seems really good. Maybe it's just hard for me to get used to him. So much of his toolkit is safe now, and it's strange to me lol.

I think it's more of engine changes that probably turned me off. I just can't believe how much changes that they did to the game.

I will give it a chance again someday in the future.

Hey Shamrock, after those matches, was there anything in particular you'd say I should work on? I don't have a WHOLE lot of time to play, so I wanna figure out what my personal weakpoint is and try to figure out how to work on it.

If I like skill based games, and play MK, Doa5 online in a competetive headspace will I like Smash?
Well, you don't have to be competitive to like Smash, but you will need to keep an open mind. The game is heavy on fundamentals and knowledge of how to move, so you'll need some time if you want to play this competitively.

That said, it's still fun anyway, so go for it if you want and if you're wary of whether it's right for you, then if you have a 3DS download the demo for the game on that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
One more headgear (Wario Cap) and then the challenge board will be clear. Brushing off the last few custom moves was easy with the Training mode to Trophy Rush. Collected the final 5 in about half an hour. No such 'trick' with headgear I've heard of. I'm just rotating between Crazy Orders, Master Orders, Trophy Rush and 8-player Amiibo Smash grinding.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
One more headgear (Wario Cap) and then the challenge board will be clear. Brushing off the last few custom moves was easy with the Training mode to Trophy Rush. Collected the final 5 in about half an hour. No such 'trick' with headgear I've heard of. I'm just rotating between Crazy Orders, Master Orders, Trophy Rush and 8-player Amiibo Smash grinding.

Use Mii for Target Blast Stage 1. I highly preferred Mii Brawler tho.

Thread's dead today. :O Is everyone doing busy things or something?
A lot of us have jobs. :p

Everyone is busy dealing with Melee crybabies in Gaming, ;)~. Seriously though, the melee community has the biggest inferiority complex I've seen in a gaming community. It's sad

But I am down for some 1v1s right now if anyone else is.
What's up in Gaming?

If I like skill based games, and play MK, Doa5 online in a competetive headspace will I like Smash?
Yes, almost certainly.

Everyone is busy dealing with Melee crybabies in Gaming, ;)~. Seriously though, the melee community has the biggest inferiority complex I've seen in a gaming community. It's sad

But I am down for some 1v1s right now if anyone else is.
You mean that "high level Smash is fun to watch" thread? I skipped out on it because I knew from lurking this forum that there wasn't going to be any kind of productive discussion after the first page.

I would play but I'm monster hunting. :)
A lot of us have jobs. :p

What's up in Gaming?

Yes, almost certainly.

Excuse me for being a student! D:

I don't think you should click that thread, Karsticles. You seem like the kind of guy who will argue with people just because it's a hobby of yours...

What's up in Gaming?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012762

Someone posted some cool Smash 4 Link videos and of course the thread devolved to Melee vs Smash4/Brawl

You mean that "high level Smash is fun to watch" thread? I skipped out on it because I knew from lurking this forum that there wasn't going to be any kind of productive discussion after the first page.

Well you were right, lol. There actually was some good discussion and videos from users, but it's peppered with Melee superiority talk.

I would play but I'm monster hunting. :)

Excuse me for being a student! D:

I don't think you should click that thread, Karsticles. You seem like the kind of guy who will argue with people just because it's a hobby of yours...
It's all good, just keep in mind that if the thread seems dead, there's a reason. ;-)

I don't argue with randoms, usually. I only argue with people I respect. I let idiots be idiots. I am the kind of person that loves to argue, but only when I think it might produce greater understanding or truth. I've actually never been banned on Gaming side. OT is the real poison in my veins.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012762

Someone posted some cool Smash 4 Link videos and of course the thread devolved to Melee vs Smash4/Brawl

Well you were right, lol. There actually was some good discussion and videos from users, but it's peppered with Melee superiority talk.
Ew. Great video, though.

emb

I like how that same derailed topic infected both the Smash 4 and Melee threads (though both only slightly).
Shoutout to all Ness mains for making him work, I'm using him in FG and he is balls-hard for me lol.
Every time I play him he feels so fun until I need to recover. Neutral and punish game seems pretty fun, but I feel so vulnerable when I'm coming back. Usually can't get up B to go precisely where I want.

Top Bottom