• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Oh yeah, never said ggs to you, Karsticles. So... good games. I am sure with more practice I wouldn't just keep landing into your fortress xD I meant to dair you a lot of the times, but fair kept coming out.

Oh yeah, never said ggs to you, Karsticles. So... good games. I am sure with more practice I wouldn't just keep landing into your fortress xD I meant to dair you a lot of the times, but fair kept coming out.
Dair is unsafe on shield, too!

GGs, though.

Yeah good games. I was getting sleepy as well.

So I'm a Bowser main as well, is that claw attack better than the dash slam? You were doing things I had never seen before.
Ehh, I am not sure. Consensus is that the Dash Slash > Klaw, but I am not set on my opinion. It is pretty easy to use, just short hop, side B, and you zip across with no landing lag. Here are my thoughts on the two options.

Klaw:
Kill move.
Terrible range.
Good mind games vs. Ledges.
Solid punish tool.
Stupid suicide risk.
Gives a landing mixup.

Dash Slash:
Gives new recovery options.
Clanks with projectiles.
Zero landing lag for a new approach and mixups.
Good ranged punish tool.
Weak damage.
Doesn't KO until like 250%.
Easier to punish on whiff.
Can be shield grabbed.
Gives you combos (at 0% it combos into down B).

I like default a little more in a vacuum, but then you get opponents that are in the air all the time, like Fox and Sheik. You will almost never get to use Klaw against them, but Dash Slash can be helpful still. Plus, Klaw sucks completely against Rosalina, since Luna hits you out of it. Against slower characters with very punishable moves, Klaw can give you KO opportunities though. Technically, Bomb can cover all of Klaw's punish options, but I am not good at reversing it for punishing people behind me.

I plan to keep messing with both. I am not too keen on Dash Slam. Dash Slam is kind of in between the two. It can't punish anything, but it is good for air grabs. You can approach with it like Dash Slash, but it has less range and is thus harder to utilize. It doesn't really KO until another 30% past Klaw, and the extra horizontal travel range makes it easier to SD you. I generally find that anything Dash Klaw can punish, a running grab can, too, and you will do more damage and KO just as fast.

Boney

Banned
Custom stun version is godlike.

Palutena has the worst one.
Stun one is faster? Hmmm

Also; it's pretty fun getting 0 to 70 against a Shiek and then start doing a bit of your own shenanigans and landing a smash and killing at 80. Got away with it with Charizard, Ike and Ganon. Dude was pretty good but rawrrrr

Stun one is faster? Hmmm

Also; it's pretty fun getting 0 to 70 against a Shiek and then start doing a bit of your own shenanigans and landing a smash and killing at 80. Got away with it with Charizard, Ike and Ganon. Dude was pretty good but rawrrrr

Paralyzing Counter has more startup than default, but the follow ups are super worth it. Just means you need to anticipate the hit earlier. At low percents go for the grab, higher percents you'll be able to land an usmash.

Cronox

Banned
I do the same thing with fortress and Mega Man's dash attack.

For me it's Luigi's tornado and dash attack. I let go of shield before they finish every time, they just go on forever. Doesn't help that the animation actually slows down when you're getting hit by it.

Jiggs shouldn't be poking on the ground, though. Different characters have different needs. Jiggs should be playing more of a support role because Bowser MUST use dangerous moves like Bomb and Fortress. Once Mewtwo comes out, assuming I like him, I will gladly play support to your Bowser. I usually play support roles in team games.

Fuck your Lylat pick, though. Worst stage in the game.

Bahaha Lylat salt is best salt. Don't think I didn't see you miss that Bowser bomb to the ledge during that match :p

I had a Lucario on Anther's Ladder counterpick that stage last night and it totally screwed him a few times. So random as to who get's fucked on that stage... it's the best.

On Jigglypuff, if I could get into team theory a little...

My experience with Jigglypuff isn't usually with a huge character like Bowser. You're right that as Jiggs in this team I should probably be racking up damage to let you throw out a kill move when I've properly buttered them up. I can do that.

As for what I'd want from you: Fortress is no big deal, that move doesn't bother me to get hit by. But when I'm offstage edgeguarding, I'd prefer you use dtilt over usmash if you're going to throw out an attack at the ledge. Jiggs often doesn't need to use the ledge to get up, and if you've got the space under control I'll sail back over you, making dtilt or fortress the better option to not KO me. Really, I'd prefer you not use usmash very often unless I'm nowhere near you, as that's a real liability for me, in the air or not. Not really a reflection on our matches or anything, but just in case you don't know, sword users are generally a bad matchup for Jiggs, especially harder hitting ones like Ike - it'd be best if you could prioritize taking those on as Bowser.

Of course, some things are just going to happen because we're not all in the same room. No one can say "watch out" etc.

I'm not the greatest at landing rests online, the little bit of lag can really throw off such a precise move, I'll probably calm down on those, but they can be a good way to make up for being behind. I do need to get better at landing them...

You noticed that I was able to fair someone that you were holding in a grab without them being released? I think that's probably our go-to gfycat move when 2v1. Optimally - you grab, bang on them while I fair, upthrow (giving me enough time to get above and intercept) into my nair towards a Bowser aerial (bair for hype). It's important that we have our styling plans down.

I'd like to see Out_Of_Ammo, Steve Youngblood, FSLink, Roboleon and Heath get their second matches in. Now that I'm done, all I can do is spectate the spreadsheets and take in the commentary in-thread :p FSLink is quite good, but I don't know how FSL compares to Phantom_Flapjack, who has a so-far perfect record.

FSLink

Banned
The Villager salt is hilarious.

There's some people on Smashboards and Facebook who want a ledge grab limit implemented just to counter customs Villager. :p

I'm not opposed to one, but in a meta this young, it's stupid. Most of the whining comes from people who haven't put in the time in the lab. A few of my characters have ways to deal with it.

Also anyone up for 1v1s?

DooD1234

The Villager salt is hilarious.

There's some people on Smashboards and Facebook who want a ledge grab limit implemented just to counter customs Villager. :p

I'm not opposed to one, but in a meta this young, it's stupid. Most of the whining comes from people who haven't put in the time in the lab. A few of my characters have ways to deal with it.

Also anyone up for 1v1s?
Are they talking about ADHD villager at KTAR? Yeah is was ridiculous but at the same time was the opponent unable to hit him again considering there is no invincibility when you regard the ledge without landing on a platform?

FSLink

Banned
Are they talking about ADHD villager at KTAR? Yeah is was ridiculous but at the same time was the opponent unable to hit him again considering there is no invincibility when you regard the ledge without landing on a platform?

It's tricky since if you try to hit Villager, you might hit one of the balloons by accident and they explode.

I think it makes Villager very strong, and possibly an S tier character (I put Diddy/Rosalina/Sheik/Pikachu/Sonic/Mii Brawler on S in customs too), but I don't think it's bannable at this stage in time.

I feel like the knee jerk reaction people hate it just like how people hate Dabuz for having such a lame playstyle, instead of trying to come up with ways to counter it.

DooD1234

It's tricky since if you try to hit Villager, you might hit one of the balloons by accident and they explode.

I think it makes Villager very strong, and possibly an S tier character (I put Diddy/Rosalina/Sheik/Pikachu/Sonic/Mii Brawler on S in customs too), but I don't think it's bannable at this stage in time.

I feel like the knee jerk reaction people hate it just like how people hate Dabuz for having such a lame playstyle, instead of trying to come up with ways to counter it.
I also got to witness Dapuffster Mii brawler at KTAR as well and that down throw to up b I think combo to KO was funny and ridiculous at how soon it can KO. At the same time it seem like as he used it more people slowly figure out how to DI out of it but I guess we see what happens when people become more familiar with custom move.

Tips on getting back to the area when smashed? The CPU seem to be pulling off all nifty types of tricks to get back. I hammer away at the buttons and just fall pathetically.

Soul Lab

Damn. I had the best gaming session with friends this weekend. We played on friday in the evening and saturday the whole day (ofc with sleep and breaks :D)
Usually we were 5 players and sometimes it went up to 7player smash.
We checked the ingame stats before and after this weeked to see how many matches we had played.
Around 200(!!!) matches! (Always 3 stocks)

This is the power of smash!

Top Bottom