• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Killing that luma with a jab to the face made that fight totally worth it

Bah, many of my screw attacks came out as only jumps

Alright man, gotta go. Fun fights. Would love to do some more later.

Customs villager is an impossible match up for samus, I need to get better with pit for that

Nabster92

It goes farther and it's also much faster, so it's harder to get edge guarded. I just do silly things, so SDs are common with that one.

Are you talking about Rosalina's Launch Star vs. Launch Star Plus? Because it doesn't go further than the standard launch star. It just goes at a different angle than the default normal up b angle. Verticle standard up-b also definitely goes further.

FluxWaveZ

Are you talking about Rosalina's Launch Star vs. Launch Star Plus? Because it doesn't go further than the standard launch star. It just goes at a different angle than the default normal up b angle. Verticle standard up-b also definitely goes further.

Really? The description states "More distance, but no angle control", and I had thought I tested both in training mode in order to verify that it was accurate. I guess the description is wrong, then.

I'll test it out again right now.

Nabster92

Really? The description states "More distance, but no angle control", and I had thought I tested both in training mode in order to verify that it was accurate. I guess the description is wrong, then.

Description says "Sends you skyward quicker, but you can't control the angle of ascent"

Edit: I just tested it on a custom stage with a bunch of platforms. Launch star plus got to the 7th from the top platform, regular up b with default angle got to 8th from the top but further horizontally, regular up b with the angle between vertical and standard got to the same point as launch star plus, and vertical up b got to 6th from the top.

FluxWaveZ

Description says "Sends you skyward quicker, but you can't control the angle of ascent"

Edit: I just tested it on a custom stage with a bunch of platforms. Launch star plus got to the 7th from the top platform, regular up b with default angle got to 8th from the top but further horizontally, regular up b with the angle between vertical and standard got to the same point as launch star plus, and vertical up b got to 6th from the top.

Oh yeah... it does. I wonder why the SSB Wiki description is different then.

Yeah, and testing it myself right now, it doesn't seem like the distance increased at all. I guess the benefits of Launch Star Plus would just be how fast it is, then.

Boney

Banned
Totally late to the party here, but wow, this guy went the extra mile to make a fake select roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM
Too bad he faked freaking rayman
Oh yeah... it does. I wonder why the SSB Wiki description is different then.

Yeah, and testing it myself right now, it doesn't seem like the distance increased at all. I guess the benefits of Launch Star Plus would just be how fast it is, then.
I've used rosa like twice in this game and even I realized lol

Great games Out of Ammo! Been awhile since we played!

Your Wario is great and your Dedede is no slouch either! Real tough to get in and do damage!

Good luck in the rest of your bracket and thanks for playing!

I'd be up for some friendlies if you'd like!

Great games Out of Ammo! Been awhile since we played!

Your Wario is great and your Dedede is no slouch either! Real tough to get in and do damage!

Good luck in the rest of your bracket and thanks for playing!

I'd be up for some friendlies if you'd like!
Sure. Unless there are other bracket 2 people around. I have some catching up to do.

Top Bottom