• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Damn. I had the best gaming session with friends this weekend. We played on friday in the evening and saturday the whole day (ofc with sleep and breaks :D)
Usually we were 5 players and sometimes it went up to 7player smash.
We checked the ingame stats before and after this weeked to see how many matches we had played.
Around 200(!!!) matches! (Always 3 stocks)

This is the power of smash!
Back in high school, my friends and I would do 4 player FFA with 99 stocks. Multiple times per day.

Once I got about 20 stocks ahead of the others it became a "kill Karst" game. :-(

For me it's Luigi's tornado and dash attack. I let go of shield before they finish every time, they just go on forever. Doesn't help that the animation actually slows down when you're getting hit by it.

Bahaha Lylat salt is best salt. Don't think I didn't see you miss that Bowser bomb to the ledge during that match :p

I had a Lucario on Anther's Ladder counterpick that stage last night and it totally screwed him a few times. So random as to who get's fucked on that stage... it's the best.

On Jigglypuff, if I could get into team theory a little...

My experience with Jigglypuff isn't usually with a huge character like Bowser. You're right that as Jiggs in this team I should probably be racking up damage to let you throw out a kill move when I've properly buttered them up. I can do that.

As for what I'd want from you: Fortress is no big deal, that move doesn't bother me to get hit by. But when I'm offstage edgeguarding, I'd prefer you use dtilt over usmash if you're going to throw out an attack at the ledge. Jiggs often doesn't need to use the ledge to get up, and if you've got the space under control I'll sail back over you, making dtilt or fortress the better option to not KO me. Really, I'd prefer you not use usmash very often unless I'm nowhere near you, as that's a real liability for me, in the air or not. Not really a reflection on our matches or anything, but just in case you don't know, sword users are generally a bad matchup for Jiggs, especially harder hitting ones like Ike - it'd be best if you could prioritize taking those on as Bowser.

Of course, some things are just going to happen because we're not all in the same room. No one can say "watch out" etc.

I'm not the greatest at landing rests online, the little bit of lag can really throw off such a precise move, I'll probably calm down on those, but they can be a good way to make up for being behind. I do need to get better at landing them...

You noticed that I was able to fair someone that you were holding in a grab without them being released? I think that's probably our go-to gfycat move when 2v1. Optimally - you grab, bang on them while I fair, upthrow (giving me enough time to get above and intercept) into my nair towards a Bowser aerial (bair for hype). It's important that we have our styling plans down.
I will use usmash much les frequently next time. :)

I will uthrow if you are around, as well.

jorgejjvr

Oh I thought you were fighting me like right now! Oh well, let me know when you're interested.

Man 2 jobs... You must be nuts
Yeah, well one is an internship (it's paid) , still full time though, plus a part time somewhere else. So 70 or so hours a week, 12 hours or so a day. The internship is for 6 months tho, of course hopefully they hire me afterwards, and then I'll keep that one job

Not home now but later I'll be down to play

Looking forward to MK dlc and smash dlc, will give me more reason to come back to those games

Xenoblade 3d is coming soon too!!

Boney

Banned
Sure, let's fight.
Alright, rooms up

Yeah, well one is an internship (it's paid) , still full time though, plus a part time somewhere else. So 70 or so hours a week, 12 hours or so a day. The internship is for 6 months tho, of course hopefully they hire me afterwards, and then I'll keep that one job

Not home now but later I'll be down to play

Looking forward to MK dlc and smash dlc, will give me more reason to come back to those games

Xenoblade 3d is coming soon too!!
Hopefully you don't burn yourself out

jorgejjvr

Alright, rooms up

Hopefully you don't burn yourself out
Likewise. I just keep thinking this is not permanent. Only for a limited time, 6 months to be exact, and we'll see what happens afterwards, whether they take me or not. I'm also thinking of the future, car, house, ring, marriage etc. Can't make my girlfriend of 4 + years wait too much longer :p

Likewise. I just keep thinking this is not permanent. Only for a limited time, 6 months to be exact, and we'll see what happens afterwards, whether they take me or not. I'm also thinking of the future, car, house, ring, marriage etc. Can't make my girlfriend of 4 + years wait too much longer :p
You'll get through it. There were times I gave up games for a year just so I could get things done. You are making the right choice.

I feel like a child amongst grown-ups, I can't relate to this stuff yet. >.>;;;

So does anyone here main Ike, Marth or Meta Knight? I'd like to get some matchup experience later in the day if possible.

Boney

Banned
Dude I don't even wanna talk about that WFT

So does anyone here main Ike, Marth or Meta Knight? I'd like to get some matchup experience later in the day if possible.
Ike is a secondary of mine although I've neglected him a lot and I've picked Marth since like yesterday and messed around with him.

Cyberman has a great Ike.

The only Metaknight I know is MagiusNecros.

Marth...Direct_Quote has a solid Lucina. The only Marth main I know dropped him.

Also, you are like...half my age.

Cyberman has a great Ike.

The only Metaknight I know is MagiusNecros.

Marth...Direct_Quote has a solid Lucina. The only Marth main I know dropped him.

Also, you are like...half my age.
I also remember TWILT plays Ike, so lots of Ike here.

I better pick up Marth myse--nope, not doing that.

No wonder you play Bowser so well, half your game is waiting on the other guy to fuck up, as expected of a math teacher.

TWILT

Banned
I need to stop doing P:M Ike things in Sm4sh Ike lol. I need to practice with him more; he was my main in Brawl too though I never played it too seriously.

Top Bottom