• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Ggs Boney, those games were great, your Samus is as good as I remember!! I definitely need to play more often
Thanks, you really started warming up the game after a few tries and your rob is like even better than before lol. Your little Mac was even better so you really need to get back on the horse!

jorgejjvr

Thanks, you really started warming up the game after a few tries and your rob is like even better than before lol. Your little Mac was even better so you really need to get back on the horse!
Thanks man, that means a lot, I think I surprised even myself, picked rob and it was like I have been playing him all this time lol. Thanks for the compliment, good to know my mains can still keep it up :) your Samus and pit have improved so much, gave me a run for my money

Great games Flux! Your Sonic is as brutal as ever. Switching up the customs really made it tough to adjust mid-stream as well.

Lots of great characters this time though. Your Rosie's gotten a ton better, Wii Fit was great, Villager was brutal. Seriously man, great stuff.

And no disrespect meant with the Little Mac ditto. It's just one of my favorite mirror matches to play and I rarely get to do it!

Thanks for playing man!

FluxWaveZ

And no disrespect meant with the Little Mac ditto. It's just one of my favorite mirror matches to play and I rarely get to do it!

Ha, I love Little Mac mirrors too; maybe I should have sticked with him a bit longer.

You adjusted pretty well to my Sonic near the end, there. I got too reliant on his custom side B, so you got better at punishing it accordingly. I'm good at circumventing Mega Man's projectiles with Sonic now, though it's still a pain to navigate it with any other character (except for maybe Rosalina).

Man, I seriously have no idea how to deal with getting combo'd. It's like, about every third match, I get paired with someone who just straight rams my face into the floor with combo's. I have no idea how to do them, and have no idea how to deal with getting hit with them. It's the difference between an intense loss and an incredibly frustrating one.

Boney

Banned
Man, I seriously have no idea how to deal with getting combo'd. It's like, about every third match, I get paired with someone who just straight rams my face into the floor with combo's. I have no idea how to do them, and have no idea how to deal with getting hit with them. It's the difference between an intense loss and an incredibly frustrating one.
Most characters have some set combos that of the first hit connects, you're gonna get comboed and bodied around for a bit. Your best best once you're hit is to press away from them so they'll miss the string. Don't get too trigger happy with air dodges because that's what they fish for sometimes so they can hit you out of it, plus there's insane landing lag if you hit the ground during dodging. So the combination of pressing away, fast falling when there's a chance (sometimes you'll want to retreat to the edge if you can't land properly, dodging, and challenging attacks (if you're getting juggled don't try to challenge from above, rather from the sides, and that's where pushing away and fast falling will help) can get you out of some combos.

But really, your mission, is to avoid getting in those predicaments in the first place. And that's where playing the neutral comes in.

Check this Stuff out, it might be a little advanced, but that's what you should strive for in time
http://youtu.be/OYWXCTKKDV0
Check the other 2 videos as well if you're interested

Anyone looking to play? 1v1s? Ranbats? 2v2s?
I can play. I don't think we have each other added though.

NNID boney64

Cronox

Banned
I can play. I don't think we have each other added though.

NNID boney64

Adding you now. I may take a couple matches to get warmed up. Will start as Jiggs and switch to Bowser when I feel like I'm losing too much. I'll turn customs on but probably won't use any myself.

Boney

Banned
Adding you now. I may take a couple matches to get warmed up. Will start as Jiggs and switch to Bowser when I feel like I'm losing too much. I'll turn customs on but probably won't use any myself.
Alright. If you feel more comfortable we can do no customs.

That rest almost got me phew. A little too happy with the pounds there I think. Leave you vulnerable if you whiff

So how does the momentum work after a klaw. I know the one with least % moves it, but if you forget to move it, can you di effectively half a second later?

Also dat dtilt jesus

Cronox

Banned
Alright. If you feel more comfortable we can do no customs.

That rest almost got me phew. A little too happy with the pounds there I think. Leave you vulnerable if you whiff

So how does the momentum work after a klaw. I know the one with least % moves it, but if you forget to move it, can you di effectively half a second later?

Also dat dtilt jesus

Yeah my Jiggs isn't ready for that missile custom, missed a ton of punishes too :/

Trying to bring it back with Bowser now...

Cronox

Banned
You're bringing it real good man, you figured stuff out splendidly

I think that has something to do with Battlefield, it's a claustrophobic stage. On stages with less platforms you're doing better. I think I've only played one other good Samus player before.

Edit: Now Lylat, oh boy. It's the only stage that can turn a OOS up b into an aerial up b. Da beste.

Boney

Banned
I think that has something to do with Battlefield, it's a claustrophobic stage. On stages with less platforms you're doing better. I think I've only played one other good Samus player before.
Battlefield is usually a great stage for samus though, but it's helping you out a ton more. And Jesus your perfect shielding man is great!

Also, thought I was gonna able to bowsercide you there :(

Damn, halberd wasn't gonna let you have any breathing

Cronox

Banned
Battlefield is usually a great stage for samus though, but it's helping you out a ton more. And Jesus your perfect shielding man is great!

Also, thought I was gonna able to bowsercide you there :(

I really don't know what's up with not shielding your projectiles. My timing sucks today or something :/

Also, please no more halberd, the stage obviously hates me.

Boney

Banned
I really don't know what's up with not shielding your projectiles. My timing sucks today or something :/
I thought you were doing really good a few fights ago, but it might be the little lag might be. Cross continental play is not perfect sadly.

Alright noted on halberd lol

Cronox

Banned
You greedy greedy man

I hate delfino, it's so stupid

I literally shrieked when you blocked the missile in sudden death lol

Also, why was it sudden death!!

Because youchosepoorly.gif (goes to sudden death on many omega stages)

I'm having to be more aggressive than I want to be because I can't shield your projectiles for shit. Every time I just stand there as you shoot a charged shot across the stage and get hit, I attempted to shield it and missed.

Yeah Samus is hard to edge guard offstage, she can stall way too long.

I want to say something about buying the Mewtwo DLC from Smash and more DLC, but I am kinda nervous to say it. Should I go ahead?
Use your best judgment. No one here is going to do your thinking for you.

I'm having to be more aggressive than I want to be because I can't shield your projectiles for shit. Every time I just stand there as you shoot a charged shot across the stage and get hit, I attempted to shield it and missed.

Yeah Samus is hard to edge guard offstage, she can stall way too long.
Are you letting go of forward before shielding? That happens to me, and it prevents the shield - very annoying mechanic.

Also, I find Boney's connection very laggy.

Boney

Banned

Most of the across the stages are 99% charged so they go just as fast but the reaction time is much shorter because there's no starting lag. Plus missiles trick the timing because how the accelerate and decelerate. Plus there's some teeny lag I suppose, makes samus op.

Also, those sd's lord

Sunsoaker

Neo Member
Use your best judgment. No one here is going to do your thinking for you.

Very well. Hope I don't get blasted for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDfJ2Yb7wc

As you may know, as shown here, Sakurai said that the Mewtwo DLC is pretty much done, with more details being released soon. Well, Sakurai did say that the Mewtwo DLC was testing grounds and an experiment, and I believe he did say something that implied he would make more DLC if the Mewtwo DLC was successful. So, if you don't mind, for those who want more DLC, and those who may not think we'll get anymore, I wish to spread the word and say this.

I'd like to suggest that this: we should get as many people as we can that we know to download the Mewtwo DLC, from here to across as much of the internet as possible. He said something about making more DLC if Mewtwo is successful, after all. There may be no guarantee that he'll add more DLC if Mewtwo is successful, but I'd say it is worth a try. So why not try to make it happen by getting as many people as we can to get the Mewtwo DLC?

Cronox

Banned
Most of the across the stages are 99% charged so they go just as fast but the reaction time is much shorter because there's no starting lag. Plus missiles trick the timing because how the accelerate and decelerate. Plus there's some teeny lag I suppose, makes samus op.

Also, those sd's lord

Fuck me I can't believe I rested you on Charizards rock throw and it did nothing.

Boney

Banned
Fuck me I can't believe I rested you on Charizards rock throw and it did nothing.
Super armor raaaaaawr hahahaha, even Better that i missed hahah

That trade with the bomb you made must've felt so amazing

Alright dude, great games awesome bowser. That last game (the actual last lol) you played so viciously, and that's what you gotta do. Plenty of matches you gave me room to charge shots, harrass you with the zair and space it out with missiles and get grabs in the mean time. This last match I don't think I fired a single missile, that first stock really threw me off.

Really liked your bowser, happy we got to finally play. Also, can you claw in the air and actually grab people? I've never seen someone do it so I guess not? Still, bowser is a scary mofo between this klaw, fortress and his tilt attacks. You had some great edge guarding as well, really ate a ton of fairs to the face.

Fun stuff, let's do it again soon! :)

Cronox

Banned
Super armor raaaaaawr hahahaha, even Better that i missed hahah

That trade with the bomb you made must've felt so amazing

Good games Boney. Some good moments there in our battles. Sorry about my "last one, ok now really last one" business. I didn't need to win our last battle, though that was nice, I just wanted to not SD twice...

Are you letting go of forward before shielding? That happens to me, and it prevents the shield - very annoying mechanic.

Also, I find Boney's connection very laggy.

What would generally happen is I'd run and shield, mistime it and get hit, then instead of running and shielding again I'd accidentally roll towards him and get hit by something else... it was a mess. Standing and shielding isn't really doing it for me today, could be because I didn't get that much sleep. I'm not letting go of forward luckily, I figured out that problem a bit back. The major issue is that the shield can't go up until the start of the run animation finishes, and it's so easy to accidentally dash in this game. I punish so many things with accidental dash attacks instead of tilts or fsmashes :/

Boney was alright for me, mostly. Boney, where are you playing from? I'm in California.

Top Bottom