• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Good games Boney. Some good moments there in our battles. Sorry about my "last one, ok now really last one" business. I didn't need to win our last battle, though that was nice, I just wanted to not SD twice...
Yeah I understand lol, it would've been really underwhelming for me as well. I was actually worried if your tag didn't have your buttons assigned correctly as well.

Anyways, hoped you enjoyed spamus :)

Also, I think I've gotten quite decent with Marth. Not great by any means but at least I can do something with him. Before this weekend it was such an embarrasment

What would generally happen is I'd run and shield, mistime it and get hit, then instead of running and shielding again I'd accidentally roll towards him and get hit by something else... it was a mess. Standing and shielding isn't really doing it for me today, could be because I didn't get that much sleep. I'm not letting go of forward luckily, I figured out that problem a bit back. The major issue is that the shield can't go up until the start of the run animation finishes, and it's so easy to accidentally dash in this game. I punish so many things with accidental dash attacks instead of tilts or fsmashes :/

Boney was alright for me, mostly. Boney, where are you playing from? I'm in California.
Punishing run animations is a must with samus. You're either punishing landings or tricking them into getting that run goinfn. I agree on running being so hard to time. Happens to me a lot whenever I shield break, it's a mess.

I'm playing in Chile, so it''s never gonna be perfect sadly. Need to go wired soon, but I've been saying it for a while. Was stuck in bed this week though got sick :(
Karst and I get a horrible connection, like a full second input delay, it's unplayable sadly, but I don't have that issue with any other gaffer.

Very well. Hope I don't get blasted for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDfJ2Yb7wc

As you may know, as shown here, Sakurai said that the Mewtwo DLC is pretty much done, with more details being released soon. Well, Sakurai did say that the Mewtwo DLC was testing grounds and an experiment, and I believe he did say something that implied he would make more DLC if the Mewtwo DLC was successful. So, if you don't mind, for those who want more DLC, and those who may not think we'll get anymore, I wish to spread the word and say this.

I'd like to suggest that this: we should get as many people as we can that we know to download the Mewtwo DLC, from here to across as much of the internet as possible. He said something about making more DLC if Mewtwo is successful, after all. There may be no guarantee that he'll add more DLC if Mewtwo is successful, but I'd say it is worth a try. So why not try to make it happen by getting as many people as we can to get the Mewtwo DLC?
I need to ask for my brother's code so I can get him, but I'll buy it if I can't get it. Not because of some weird internet crusade to get the gears moving, because that's not gonna happen. They'd have to be planning more characters right now or else they're not gonna work on more, because they take too long.

Cronox

Banned
Yeah I understand lol, it would've been really underwhelming for me as well. I was actually worried if your tag didn't have your buttons assigned correctly as well.

Anyways, hoped you enjoyed spamus :)

Also, I think I've gotten quite decent with Marth. Not great by any means but at least I can do something with him. Before this weekend it was such an embarrasment

Samus with relentless missile can put up a good wall on omega stages, when you went back to normal missiles I felt it was more manageable. Not really getting why Karst thinks Samus is in the top 5 worst Bowser matchups though, I never felt like it was impossible in the same way I would against my top 5. Unless you meant Zero Suit Samus Karst?

Was also surprised how consistent you were about catching me in multiple up airs at low percentage. Probably Bowser makes it easier, but in my experience as Samus opponents DI out of up airs pretty easily. Every time you were doing it I was DI'ing away but it didn't seem to help much. Maybe DI up and towards.... hmm. I have yet to mash out of any throws, I need to look up a guide or something. I'm just not willing to do circles on my left or c stick, there's practically no button that if I get out of it won't possibly screw me to accidentally press. Kind of like mashing B to make it to the stage with Bowser's up b leads to a getup attack.

Alright dude, great games awesome bowser. That last game (the actual last lol) you played so viciously, and that's what you gotta do. Plenty of matches you gave me room to charge shots, harrass you with the zair and space it out with missiles and get grabs in the mean time. This last match I don't think I fired a single missile, that first stock really threw me off.

Really liked your bowser, happy we got to finally play. Also, can you claw in the air and actually grab people? I've never seen someone do it so I guess not? Still, bowser is a scary mofo between this klaw, fortress and his tilt attacks. You had some great edge guarding as well, really ate a ton of fairs to the face.

Fun stuff, let's do it again soon! :)

There are certain characters that require aggressive play, yeah. I liked that you were trying to get me to Bowsercide every time I klawed you, sometimes even when I was up a stock. There's no way you'll prevent Bowser's warm embrace though, Bowsercides won't stop me from using it. I'm contractually obligated to use that move as often as possible. You can definitely klaw people in the air, but it's a little difficult to land and falls under the realm of styling, I mostly only attempt that on for glory newbies.

GGs again, yeah I'm up for it again sometime.

Sunsoaker

Neo Member
I need to ask for my brother's code so I can get him, but I'll buy it if I can't get it. Not because of some weird internet crusade to get the gears moving, because that's not gonna happen. They'd have to be planning more characters right now or else they're not gonna work on more, because they take too long.

If Sakurai has not seen the demand for DLC, maybe. But if he has, maybe he is working on more now. Still, I know quite a few people who still have hope for DLC, not to mention, anything's possible.

Cronox

Banned
If Sakurai has not seen the demand for DLC, maybe. But if he has, maybe he is working on more now. Still, I know quite a few people who still have hope for DLC, not to mention, anything's possible.

Everyone in this thread, and in the competitive community will buy it or already has credit for it. As for the casuals... we'll have to see.

Very well. Hope I don't get blasted for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDfJ2Yb7wc

As you may know, as shown here, Sakurai said that the Mewtwo DLC is pretty much done, with more details being released soon. Well, Sakurai did say that the Mewtwo DLC was testing grounds and an experiment, and I believe he did say something that implied he would make more DLC if the Mewtwo DLC was successful. So, if you don't mind, for those who want more DLC, and those who may not think we'll get anymore, I wish to spread the word and say this.

I'd like to suggest that this: we should get as many people as we can that we know to download the Mewtwo DLC, from here to across as much of the internet as possible. He said something about making more DLC if Mewtwo is successful, after all. There may be no guarantee that he'll add more DLC if Mewtwo is successful, but I'd say it is worth a try. So why not try to make it happen by getting as many people as we can to get the Mewtwo DLC?
I don't think you have to worry. This is probably the most heralded DLC content of the last two generations. Plus, it isn't even clear that we can buy the DLC when it comes out. The wording thus far suggests that it is code-promo only.

Super armor raaaaaawr hahahaha, even Better that i missed hahah

That trade with the bomb you made must've felt so amazing

Alright dude, great games awesome bowser. That last game (the actual last lol) you played so viciously, and that's what you gotta do. Plenty of matches you gave me room to charge shots, harrass you with the zair and space it out with missiles and get grabs in the mean time. This last match I don't think I fired a single missile, that first stock really threw me off.

Really liked your bowser, happy we got to finally play. Also, can you claw in the air and actually grab people? I've never seen someone do it so I guess not? Still, bowser is a scary mofo between this klaw, fortress and his tilt attacks. You had some great edge guarding as well, really ate a ton of fairs to the face.

Fun stuff, let's do it again soon! :)
You can Klaw and grab in the air. I just don't see it as worthwhile, generally. If you can hit, why not hit with something safer? If Klaw will kill, uair probably will, too.

Good games Boney. Some good moments there in our battles. Sorry about my "last one, ok now really last one" business. I didn't need to win our last battle, though that was nice, I just wanted to not SD twice...

What would generally happen is I'd run and shield, mistime it and get hit, then instead of running and shielding again I'd accidentally roll towards him and get hit by something else... it was a mess. Standing and shielding isn't really doing it for me today, could be because I didn't get that much sleep. I'm not letting go of forward luckily, I figured out that problem a bit back. The major issue is that the shield can't go up until the start of the run animation finishes, and it's so easy to accidentally dash in this game. I punish so many things with accidental dash attacks instead of tilts or fsmashes :/

Boney was alright for me, mostly. Boney, where are you playing from? I'm in California.
Sometimes it is best to jump over a projectile and fastfall behind it. Have you tried jabbing the missiles? I believe that works.

Samus with relentless missile can put up a good wall on omega stages, when you went back to normal missiles I felt it was more manageable. Not really getting why Karst thinks Samus is in the top 5 worst Bowser matchups though, I never felt like it was impossible in the same way I would against my top 5. Unless you meant Zero Suit Samus Karst?

Was also surprised how consistent you were about catching me in multiple up airs at low percentage. Probably Bowser makes it easier, but in my experience as Samus opponents DI out of up airs pretty easily. Every time you were doing it I was DI'ing away but it didn't seem to help much. Maybe DI up and towards.... hmm. I have yet to mash out of any throws, I need to look up a guide or something. I'm just not willing to do circles on my left or c stick, there's practically no button that if I get out of it won't possibly screw me to accidentally press. Kind of like mashing B to make it to the stage with Bowser's up b leads to a getup attack.

There are certain characters that require aggressive play, yeah. I liked that you were trying to get me to Bowsercide every time I klawed you, sometimes even when I was up a stock. There's no way you'll prevent Bowser's warm embrace though, Bowsercides won't stop me from using it. I'm contractually obligated to use that move as often as possible. You can definitely klaw people in the air, but it's a little difficult to land and falls under the realm of styling, I mostly only attempt that on for glory newbies.

ZSS is a huge pain, but I just have problems shielding out of a run. Like I said, I tend to let go of the stick, which locks out shields. I also tend to have weaknesses against characters with long-range grabs. As you know, cornering my opponent and staring them down is my #1 favorite way to get in on someone. The ranged grabs make that much less safe for my defensive play style. This is also why I really hate fighting Link.

No doubt I'll not only be getting the codes for me and my little bro, but also funding Mewtwo for my friends on the basis of him being $5 since it's not much to spare a few Lincolns. I don't know if this will do much to give us more characters given Sakurai is becoming tolerant to his fountain of youth's effects and really needs to rest before he kills himself making Smash stuff. >.>;;;

Oh yes Karst, when would you like to do our ranbat match? You're my last opponent for it.

Added. I'll host.
I am actually making the conscious decision to forego my ranbat match right now and see if we get Mewtwo next week. I have the entire week off (Spring Break), so if there is no fruit, I will play the match. Otherwise, I would like to not feel held back by my character more than I need to.

Boney

Banned

Nah man, samus in this game is a combo beast. I'm not that good with smart combos like SHFF > uair > jab > fsmash like some people can do but dash attack or grab Into the double up air is very guaranteed, and at lower percents you cab get the screw attack. With plafforms you can actually get 3 up airs and screw attack for insane early kills. You can combo uair into two sour spots bairs as well and you can combo fairs onto themselves as well at early percents. It's not a bowser thing at all, so don't worry about that.

Regarding the missiles, I dunno, the long range pressure worked wonders at times, but I should' e used the custom ones a bit more.

And yeah, bowsercide is so amazing I love it. Weird that you didn't find the matches that hard, I think it's 60-40 on samus favor, because of bowser's hurt box. Makes it easy to land a ton of stuff. I did eat a lot of stuff by spacing out with ftitt on lower percents and you not having the knockback I wanted and answering with your tilts. I did get most matches I think, but some early kills on your part had me sweating, Samus's weight is nothing to freaking bowser, I often survive into the 160's

As for the aerial klaw, just like with the other command grabs in this game, people tend to shield against aerial opponents so if you can land it once, it'll make opponents really hesitate on shielding so much. Love getting jump in nosferatu's

Nah man, samus in this game is a combo beast. I'm not that good with smart combos like SHFF > uair > jab > fsmash like some people can do but dash attack or grab Into the double up air is very guaranteed, and at lower percents you cab get the screw attack. With plafforms you can actually get 3 up airs and screw attack for insane early kills. You can combo uair into two sour spots bairs as well and you can combo fairs onto themselves as well at early percents. It's not a bowser thing at all, so don't worry about that.

Regarding the missiles, I dunno, the long range pressure worked wonders at times, but I should' e used the custom ones a bit more.

And yeah, bowsercide is so amazing I love it. Weird that you didn't find the matches that hard, I think it's 60-40 on samus favor, because of bowser's hurt box. Makes it easy to land a ton of stuff. I did eat a lot of stuff by spacing out with ftitt on lower percents and you not having the knockback I wanted and answering with your tilts. I did get most matches I think, but some early kills on your part had me sweating, Samus's weight is nothing to freaking bowser, I often survive into the 160's

As for the aerial klaw, just like with the other command grabs in this game, people tend to shield against aerial opponents so if you can land it once, it'll make opponents really hesitate on shielding so much. Love getting jump in nosferatu's
Oh, when you said "in the air", I meant when both players are in the air. I don't see much use for it there.

Boney

Banned
Oh, when you said "in the air", I meant when both players are in the air. I don't see much use for it there.
Oh no, that'd be silly styling. I meant as jump ins, you don't see them often, and while they can be spot dodged and punished that leaves you in a situation where you can empty hop dtilt

Cronox

Banned
Sometimes it is best to jump over a projectile and fastfall behind it. Have you tried jabbing the missiles? I believe that works.

The problem with doing anything but perfect shielding is the possible end-lag - while missiles are coming there's always the threat of the charged shot. Jumping puts you in a problematic place when you have to come down, jabbing (especially if there's clank lag with the missiles?) might also accidentally set you up for the big one. If my timing was better today, and if I'd timed dashes better or simply walked while perfect shielding missiles I think that would have been the best way to go.

ZSS is a huge pain, but I just have problems shielding out of a run. Like I said, I tend to let go of the stick, which locks out shields. I also tend to have weaknesses against characters with long-range grabs. As you know, cornering my opponent and staring them down is my #1 favorite way to get in on someone. The ranged grabs make that much less safe for my defensive play style. This is also why I really hate fighting Link.

Yeah, people talk up how the characters with ranged grabs have bad throws, but those are the ones I struggle against most. My defensive Bowser play is usually standing a couple character lengths away with a finger ready to press shield or otherwise react to an attack, and ranged throws completely negate that option. Ranged throws and things you have to struggle out of like Yoshi's egg or ZSS's stunner are the worst for me. It's like the toast always landing butter-side down, if I commit to struggling out of something near the edge I'm doing to do a dair and SD.

Oh no, that'd be silly styling. I meant as jump ins, you don't see them often, and while they can be spot dodged and punished that leaves you in a situation where you can empty hop dtilt
I use them quite a bit.

The problem with doing anything but perfect shielding is the possible end-lag - while missiles are coming there's always the threat of the charged shot. Jumping puts you in a problematic place when you have to come down, jabbing (especially if there's clank lag with the missiles?) might also accidentally set you up for the big one. If my timing was better today, and if I'd timed dashes better or simply walked while perfect shielding missiles I think that would have been the best way to go.

Yeah, people talk up how the characters with ranged grabs have bad throws, but those are the ones I struggle against most. My defensive Bowser play is usually standing a couple character lengths away with a finger ready to press shield or otherwise react to an attack, and ranged throws completely negate that option. Ranged throws and things you have to struggle out of like Yoshi's egg or ZSS's stunner are the worst for me. It's like the toast always landing butter-side down, if I commit to struggling out of something near the edge I'm doing to do a dair and SD.
Hop over the missile. If charge shot is fired, use your double jump and fast fall.

100% agree with your ranged throw experience.

Boney

Banned
Ranged throws work wonders on characters like bowser because the way he spaces out is a ground based walling. They're not gonna be short hopping or even rolling into you, so it's easy to get a good read, especially so with the help of projectiles. They're horrible against faster character though and that's a pretty huge disadvantage in this game.

And yeah regularly, the best way to approach missile barrages is to hop over them, gets a bit tricky with alternating power and regular missiles along with short hoped regular missiles and as cronox said the looming charge shot. That's three different timings you gotta be ready against which makes getting in tricky. And that's where bowser's hurt box and speed aré a disadvsntsge, it makes the process so much harder
Charge shot allows to manipulate people into dangerous positions where you can intercept with aerials, force the shields and grab or punish roll ins, being able to secure they horizontal space really helps tons.

Cronox

Banned

Regarding the missiles, I dunno, the long range pressure worked wonders at times, but I should've used the custom ones a bit more.

Ha yeah I remember taking a stock off of you at Delfino from an up air at 95%, that was pretty sweet. Then again, I recall you surviving a klaw at 165% as Ike so...

It's not that I didn't find our matches challenging, but I wasn't yelling bullshit all the time like in certain matches. Last weekend I had a series of matches where I had to get up to close the window because I didn't want the neighbors to think I'm a crazy person. The room I play in filters out into about 4 houses' back yards. Vidya games are serious business, but they don't know that.

I use them quite a bit.

I've been seeing less and less success with the SHDAC klaw lately, I feel like my opponents know to just hit me as I land or just back off when I attempt it :(

Hop over the missile. If charge shot is fired, use your double jump and fast fall.

Yeah, I feel a little less comfortable in the air but mixups are important.

SHADC is great against projectile characters. Robin has to be super careful with Arcfire, for example. You can do it with some reliability on reaction. I don't recommend it against fast characters unless it's once per match to get a desperation KO. It is best against spacing characters like Marth, because they will try and tilt or smash on reaction to your jump, leaving them open.

If the game is neutral, SHADC behind them to be safer.

Oidisco

So I just went up against an incredible Samus player on For Glory. I was playing Zelda, and normally I have no issue fighting Samus with Zelda, but I was destroyed in those matches!

This guy was doing some really weird things that I've never seen before, mostly with using bombs to set break shields and set up charge shots and other combos. I've literally never seen someone use bombs well, so I was totally thrown off.

After 2 matches getting dominated, I switched to Marth and won the rest of our matches. They were pretty close at times, but the Samus player didn't seem to be able to deal with an aggressive Marth. But I definitely want to put more time into Samus now, since I never thought any of those crazy bomb set ups were possible with her.

So I just went up against an incredible Samus player on For Glory. I was playing Zelda, and normally I have no issue fighting Samus with Zelda, but I was destroyed in those matches!

This guy was doing some really weird things that I've never seen before, mostly with using bombs to set break shields and set up charge shots and other combos. I've literally never seen someone use bombs well, so I was totally thrown off.

After 2 matches getting dominated, I switched to Marth and won the rest of our matches. They were pretty close at times, but the Samus player didn't seem to be able to deal with an aggressive Marth. But I definitely want to put more time into Samus now, since I never thought any of those crazy bomb set ups were possible with her.
Did you save the matches?

Boney

Banned
Ha yeah I remember taking a stock off of you at Delfino from an up air at 95%, that was pretty sweet. Then again, I recall you surviving a klaw at 165% as Ike so...

It's not that I didn't find our matches challenging, but I wasn't yelling bullshit all the time like in certain matches. Last weekend I had a series of matches where I had to get up to close the window because I didn't want the neighbors to think I'm a crazy person. The room I play in filters out into about 4 houses' back yards. Vidya games are serious business, but they don't know that.

I've been seeing less and less success with the SHDAC klaw lately, I feel like my opponents know to just hit me as I land or just back off when I attempt it :(

Yeah, I feel a little less comfortable in the air but mixups are important.
That Ike survived like a champ. Move was pretty stale though, that's why I kept surviving.

And yeah samus won't make you scream at the tv because she's not a broken character.

We were going over shield pressure at smash boards, and bombs do insane shield damage if both hits connect. Bomb and charge shot will break shields, whereas a power missile and charge shot will take like 90%. On a side note, if you hit someone with the screw attack, it alone does like 90% shield damage if all hits connect, it'll most likely hit instead of breaking shields though but it's a nice option. Due to how Samus tilts work, it's relatively easy to get good shield pressure, up tilt has very little end lag and down tilt hits really fast, hitting both will get over 50% of the shield, meaning the opponents can risk a shield break if they are not careful with a charge shot.
Bombs are amazing to both cover your retreat and to change your air momentum. Love them.

If you saved any matches I'd love to watch them!

Oidisco

Did you save the matches?

No because I'm a fool! I don't normally save matches so I didn't even think of it until after we finished up.

One of the things he did with bombs was he charged up his Neutral-B, knocked me off stage and then just as I was getting back, he dropped a bunch of bombs which I shielded against. That wore down my shield a lot and then he fired his charge beam and broke the shield while I was distracted.
Then he dropped a bomb on me, and while I was in hitstun he fired another charge beam.

He also got a 0-70% combo on me very quickly by hitting me with a basic combo, baiting into one of his bombs and then when I was in hitstun, he used up-tilt which spiked me to the floor and then used dowb-tilt. He killed me right afterwards because I was trying to understand what just happened because it was so fast!

We were going over shield pressure at smash boards, and bombs do insane shield damage if both hits connect. Bomb and charge shot will break shields, whereas a power missile and charge shot will take like 90%. On a side note, if you hit someone with the screw attack, it alone does like 90% shield damage if all hits connect, it'll most likely hit instead of breaking shields though but it's a nice option. Due to how Samus tilts work, it's relatively easy to get good shield pressure, up tilt has very little end lag and down tilt hits really fast, hitting both will get over 50% of the shield, meaning the opponents can risk a shield break if they are not careful with a charge shot.
Bombs are amazing to both cover your retreat and to change your air momentum. Love them.

If you saved any matches I'd love to watch them!

Yea I had no idea bombs could useful for shield pressure. I always just used bombs to cover retreat and for recovery, but I thought using them offensively would be way too risky with not much payoff.
I guess I was wrong then!

I swear, the more I play, the more unconventional my kills become. At least by what I see other Zelda players do. I think I've been getting more and more din's fire kills these days. Can't complain as I feel like I'm making progress. A lot of stuff I do now I would never considered doing a few weeks back.

I swear, the more I play, the more unconventional my kills become. At least by what I see other Zelda players do. I think I've been getting more and more din's fire kills these days. Can't complain as I feel like I'm making progress. A lot of stuff I do now I would never considered doing a few weeks back.
That's why fighting games are the best genre. They continually reward you for the time you invest.

No because I'm a fool! I don't normally save matches so I didn't even think of it until after we finished up.

One of the things he did with bombs was he charged up his Neutral-B, knocked me off stage and then just as I was getting back, he dropped a bunch of bombs which I shielded against. That wore down my shield a lot and then he fired his charge beam and broke the shield while I was distracted.
Then he dropped a bomb on me, and while I was in hitstun he fired another charge beam.

He also got a 0-70% combo on me very quickly by hitting me with a basic combo, baiting into one of his bombs and then when I was in hitstun, he used up-tilt which spiked me to the floor and then used dowb-tilt. He killed me right afterwards because I was trying to understand what just happened because it was so fast!

Yea I had no idea bombs could useful for shield pressure. I always just used bombs to cover retreat and for recovery, but I thought using them offensively would be way too risky with not much payoff.
I guess I was wrong then!
I am even more annoyed that you didn't save any!

TWILT

Banned
GGs SUPERJEM. Fun matches. You have a good Fox; he's your main? If I may offer some advice, I'd be more careful about your get up options; don't be so predictable with get up attacking.

And thank you for the Shulk praise. :)

GGs SUPERJEM. Fun matches. You have a good Fox; he's your main? If I may offer some advice, I'd be more careful about your get up options; don't be so predictable with get up attacking.

And thank you for the Shulk praise. :)

He was more of a secondary, but he's becoming more my main more everyday now. I'll take any advice! lol

I was playing Street Fighter over the summer. Then Capcom messed it up with Steamworks, was making some progress, then utterly destroyed it with Ultra. RIP fighting games on PC.

And landing KO moves on Jigglypuff is the worst thing. Aside from landing them on Sonic.

Damn, stooping to USFIV? :-/

We can take this to FGC Weekly if you want. :3

Is USF4 a bad game or something? I wouldn't really know, I'm more into 3D fighters not named Tekken, and anime fighters.

Oh, and DQ should main Mii Brawler if he plays fighting games. :)

I'm actually winning games now (in SF4) so I don't know... Who do you play now anyway? Are you on right now?

Do you not like SF? Or just not SF4.. At least in this game I can scumbag it out with Yun..

Hehe, I always used either Ibuki or Cody, but I'll admit I'm just not very good at Street Fighter, or most fighters in general that aren't Soul Calibur. You'd probably cream me, y'know?

Now if we were to throwdown in Touhou Hisoten, oh boy you better watch out! >:D

I'm actually winning games now (in SF4) so I don't know... Who do you play now anyway? Are you on right now?

Do you not like SF? Or just not SF4.. At least in this game I can scumbag it out with Yun..
I think SFIV is boring and bad. :p

Is USF4 a bad game or something? I wouldn't really know, I'm more into 3D fighters not named Tekken, and anime fighters.

I think the game is just very dull in its design. Too many invincible moves everywhere, too much crouch blocking while throwing little pokes out. It's pretty sleeper tier most of the time. I think its ease of accessibility makes it so popular, like Mortal Kombat. I will still play it if someone asks me to, though. However, I think it says something about the character design that out of ~50 characters, I don't like any. Meanwhile, Xrd has ~20 and I have a main, I like Bowser in Smash, I like three characters in P4A, UNIEL has two characters I like, and I have a full team I am in love with in Marvel. There are just so many...humans in the game.

Tekken is the worst, though. Tekken 7 looks atrocious, like they just upgraded the graphics and are slapping it out again.

Hehe, I always used either Ibuki or Cody, but I'll admit I'm just not very good at Street Fighter, or most fighters in general that aren't Soul Calibur. You'd probably cream me, y'know?

You ever play Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus?

I'm prob decent at most at SF because it's slow... If you want to play some smash I'm game though, but my left hand hurts so I might suck at blocking/dodging (not like that would change much). And karst is just salty that Blanka sucks in SF4 (kappa). But from what I gather he hates the many defensive options in the game, which I don't like either. But Yun can overcome a lot of those. Kind of reminiscent of Smash4 and its heavy defensive options no?

And mii brawler is too random for my tastes, just zoop zooping all over... Plus I like to main characters with a personality, not lifeless mii blobs :p

I'm prob decent at most at SF because it's slow... If you want to play some smash I'm game though, but my left hand hurts so I might suck at blocking/dodging (not like that would change much). And karst is just salty that Blanka sucks in SF4 (kappa). But from what I gather he hates the many defensive options in the game, which I don't like either. But Yun can overcome a lot of those.
The game is really defensive, and it leads to turtling. Like, if Blanka falls behind Vega in life, Vega's best option is literally to just crouch block and out-poke Blanka. Blanka just has to do some random crazy stuff to get a hit off. Then Blanka should turtle against Vega. It's just so boring when played "properly".

I only play Blanka because he makes you push a lot of buttons when you piano, and I wanted to learn a new executional skill. He sucks, too. I wanted to main Oni, but Oni has a ton of links, which I think are stupid, and he is bad in general. The game doesn't have any characters I like. SFV is looking pretty bad so far, but I'll keep my eye on it.

Also, Blanka is my wife's favorite character, so I'll main him just to make her happy. She tends to like monster characters as well.

I think SFIV is boring and bad. :p

I think the game is just very dull in its design. Too many invincible moves everywhere, too much crouch blocking while throwing little pokes out. It's pretty sleeper tier most of the time. I think its ease of accessibility makes it so popular, like Mortal Kombat. I will still play it if someone asks me to, though. However, I think it says something about the character design that out of ~50 characters, I don't like any. Meanwhile, Xrd has ~20 and I have a main, I like Bowser in Smash, I like three characters in P4A, UNIEL has two characters I like, and I have a full team I am in love with in Marvel. There are just so many...humans in the game.

Tekken is the worst, though. Tekken 7 looks atrocious, like they just upgraded the graphics and are slapping it out again.
I can only imagine how you feel playing Marvel, it looks hyper aggressive. :p
You ever play Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus?
wtf is this shit bruh
I'm prob decent at most at SF because it's slow... If you want to play some smash I'm game though, but my left hand hurts so I might suck at blocking/dodging (not like that would change much). And karst is just salty that Blanka sucks in SF4 (kappa). But from what I gather he hates the many defensive options in the game, which I don't like either. But Yun can overcome a lot of those. Kind of reminiscent of Smash4 and its heavy defensive options no?

I'm actually a bit tired, and offered just because I thought you were lonely. I think I should let you heal up though, Smash is way more hand-intensive than most games. In fact, this gives me an excuse to play Monster Hunter! :)

Yeah, fuck Miis.

I can only imagine how you feel playing Marvel, it looks hyper aggressive. :p

wtf is this shit bruh

I'm actually a bit tired, and offered just because I thought you were lonely. I think I should let you heal up though, Smash is way more hand-intensive than most games. In fact, this gives me an excuse to play Monster Hunter! :)
I like games that reward aggression. Everything should be all offense, all the time. Smash 4 could use improvement in that regard. Choosing to block should be dangerous, just like in real fighting.

If you have never seen Ogawa play Guilty Gear Xrd, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYkPEJ95uKM

I watch videos of him every few days just for inspiration for my Zato. I am just a tenth of his skill and prowess, but I will one day be half as good as him. GOD, just look at that first round!

TWILT

Banned
I wish I could get into SF4 since there's a lot of people playing it, but like Karst, there just isn't a character I really like (though I guess I like mashing on Ken's Shoryuken like an idiot when I'm playing with friends lol) and I don't care for some of the mechanics in the game at all.

Guess I'm still a Marvel player when it comes to Capcom games.

Top Bottom